Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 7 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,217 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I don't, as I'm not in Dublin, but I have the one bought direct from OnePlus and in the last week I've dropped my phone on tiles twice and it has saved me twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Folks, I badly need an upgrade. I can get the 7T for €199 on upgrade with (24month contract) or get it direct from oneplus with a 10% discount.

Not sure what to do or what cover to get.

1st world probs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

py2006 wrote: »
    Folks, I badly need an upgrade. I can get the 7T for €199 on upgrade with (24month contract) or get it direct from oneplus with a 10% discount.

Not sure what to do or what cover to get.

1st world probs

Get it from OnePlus.
    Port your number to gomo.
    Save some money in the long run.

SickBoy wrote: »
    Get it from OnePlus.
    Port your number to gomo.
    Save some money in the long run.

Hmm not sure I trust gomo just yet. I'm hearing signal issues and probs when travelling

Hmm not sure I trust gomo just yet. I'm hearing signal issues and probs when travelling

30 day rolling contract, if it doesn't work out move back to whoever your current provider is on a sim only contract.
    There's is very limited risk involved.

Either way, enjoy the 7t when you do get it.

• Advertisement

If I order today off Oneplus.com, what are the chances of having it by next Friday? :confused:

If I order today off Oneplus.com, what are the chances of having it by next Friday? :confused:

100% I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Are people still having issues with their 7T. I posted a few months about issues some of which have been resolved by updates.

I'm still having major issues though. The torch just randomly turns on itself. Sometimes it turns on night mode itself. Sometimes it turns the screen on auto rotate and worst of all sometimes it just decides to turn on aeroplane mode.

Seriously considering just selling it on and moving to Samsung.

Are people having similar issues to me?

Are people still having issues with their 7T. I posted a few months about issues some of which have been resolved by updates.

I'm still having major issues though. The torch just randomly turns on itself. Sometimes it turns on night mode itself. Sometimes it turns the screen on auto rotate and worst of all sometimes it just decides to turn on aeroplane mode.

Seriously considering just selling it on and moving to Samsung.

Are people having similar issues to me?

Re the torch, do you have gestures turned on?

Re night mode, my phone is set to enable night mode at sunset to sunrise in the display settings. This can be turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

SickBoy wrote: »
    Re the torch, do you have gestures turned on?

Re night mode, my phone is set to enable night mode at sunset to sunrise in the display settings. This can be turned off.

No don't have gestures on.

And I don't have night mode set to come on. Anyway it's random times it comes on.

Another issue I forgot to say was recently WhatsApp stopped working over wi-fi.

It's seriously buggy and pretty annoying considering how much it costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

No don't have gestures on.

And I don't have night mode set to come on. Anyway it's random times it comes on.

Another issue I forgot to say was recently WhatsApp stopped working over wi-fi.

It's seriously buggy and pretty annoying considering how much it costs.

Can't say I've any of those issues you mentioned. I do very very very occasionally find the torch is turned on but I do have gestures turned on and I've no doubt it's down to me.

The only issue I have is the WiFi overriding mobile data, but it creates a problem when I am close to public WiFi networks. I am not close enough to utilize their data, or may have to sign in and in turn this blocks mobile data.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

FitzShane wrote: »
    The only issue I have is the WiFi overriding mobile data, but it creates a problem when I am close to public WiFi networks. I am not close enough to utilize their data, or may have to sign in and in turn this blocks mobile data.

Is that not just the intelligent WiFi setting?

Is that not just the intelligent WiFi setting?

I think that's it! Thank you!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Common question I'm sure,
    But is it worth waiting for the 8pro or dive on the 7Tpro now?
    I'm currently on the OnePlus 6 and pretty happy, but I'm due an upgrade and the 7T pro looks like a nice phone, but the successor is around the corner...
    Decisions, decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 27,824 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm currently on the OnePlus 6 and pretty happy, but I'm due an upgrade and the 7T pro looks like a nice phone, but the successor is around the corner...
    Decisions, decisions

They are offering a bundle with the 7T at the moment that includes a case, type C bullet earphones, spare warp charger and cable, glass screen protector and a USBC to 3.5mm converter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

TitianGerm wrote: »
    They are offering a bundle with the 7T at the moment that includes a case, type C bullet earphones, spare warp charger and cable, glass screen protector and a USBC to 3.5mm converter.

I don't see that offer anywhere, I'm with Three

• Registered Users Posts: 27,824 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I don't see that offer anywhere, I'm with Three

Banner on the top of the One Pus website. Or are you getting a network upgrade?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Banner on the top of the One Pus website. Or are you getting a network upgrade?

Yep, Network...
    Bugger

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Decisions, decisions

7T Pro is the best phone I've ever had, the 8 has hole in the screen, I much prefer the pop up camera on the 7T pro. Just for context my previous phone was the 7 pro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I don't see the OP8 being much of an upgrade on the 7T spec wise which is a bit disappointing. As mentioned the front camera now being visible also isn't great

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I’m surprised OnePlus have dropped the pop up front camera so quickly. Imo the pinhole from camera looks a lot worse than the teardrop notch.

With their prices continually creeping up wireless charging will have to be introduced.

I’m sticking with my 6T for the time being. Love the phone. As fast as the day I got it on release, it may be the 9 before I consider changing. The only current temptation is the 90hz screen on the newer models but that ain’t enough for me to drop a few hundred on a newer phone.

I usually change phone every 12 months, once with a contract upgrade and the following year flog it to fund the next.
    I imagine I'll pick up the 7T Pro and swap out for the 9 this time next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

adox wrote: »
    The only current temptation is the 90hz screen on the newer models but that ain’t enough for me to drop a few hundred on a newer phone.
    Really, it's not much of a reason to change - I know it's being hyped by the industry and tech-heads like MKBHD but depending on what you use your phone for it's really not a compelling reason to change from a phone you're happy with.

Dave2d makes that point and he's right - https://youtu.be/UaK5xguzD_A

I've the 7T, and I've noticed that occasion when I try to access my photos via WhatsApp to send one itt won't let me select them and kind of freezes.

A restart sorts it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I've the 7T, and I've noticed that occasion when I try to access my photos via WhatsApp to send one itt won't let me select them and kind of freezes.

A restart sorts it.

That used to happen on my 7 pro but hasn't on the 7T pro, couldn't figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Deckyalrite

Did a house move at the weekend and all went smoothly but my oneplus 7 pro did not have a good time.

Phone was on roof of car and slipped down when closing the boot into the gap between boot and roof. Screen got a nice few cracks as a result. Anybody any recommendations about where one could get the screen repaired for say €100-€200.

It is still usable in current condition but I know it will get worse eventually. Wouldn't mind screen protector only peeled off a week or two ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Did a house move at the weekend and all went smoothly but my oneplus 7 pro did not have a good time.

Phone was on roof of car and slipped down when closing the boot into the gap between boot and roof. Screen got a nice few cracks as a result. Anybody any recommendations about where one could get the screen repaired for say €100-€200.

It is still usable in current condition but I know it will get worse eventually. Wouldn't mind screen protector only peeled off a week or two ago.

OnePlus offer a repair service. Just log into your account and follow the prompts.

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/support/repair

Alternatively if you are near one of the https://www.fonfix.com depots around the country you could pop into them to get an estimate of time and cost etc. They are a big outfit who do work for corporates etc so I'd trust them with an expensive phone over the local one man band outfit.

Just to say, I went for the 7T Pro in the end, what a gorgeous device!
    Very happy, once I got Nova on there it was perfect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Just to say, I went for the 7T Pro in the end, what a gorgeous device!
    Very happy, once I got Nova on there it was perfect!

Some machine

Advertisement