Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality power bank - 20,000mah and fast-charging

Options

Comments

timple23 wrote: »
    So I've opened a dispute and i get this response from seller

hello dear,
    we just see your package was delivered already.
    and because we can not make sure who received this package, please take your
    ID Card and Aliexpress Order Information go to the local post office or contact the logistics company directly to issue a Proof of nothing you received,
    then show me here, ok?

the proof of nothing received should include Logistic number, stamped by the post office. Package content (products you bought), certifying that the content of the copy indicates that you don’t receive this package any more

Accompanied by a photo of a letter written in spanish dated 9th March 2021 and says Barcelona with a GLS logo. Also the link for tracking shows that Package was shipped out, but when I entered tracking on DHL website all i get is "
    The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically."

Is there any way I can just escalate to Ali so I don't have to keep rejecting seller's proposal?

you should be able to reject the sellers proposal - put in some text why - e.g. DHL tracking not showing any info of travel of item etc. and it should go to Aliexpress

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭dubmick

I ordered a black one from Belgium and was contacted to say they only have white. So I have cancelled the order. How long does it take for a refund? I'm going to try black from France now.

Not a great first time experience with AliExpress. I've previously avoided using them.

dubmick wrote: »
    I ordered a black one from Belgium and was contacted to say they only have white. So I have cancelled the order. How long does it take for a refund? I'm going to try black from France now.

Not a great first time experience with AliExpress. I've previously avoided using them.

Aliexpress is a marketplace for sellers

the sellers have the stock of the items and ship them - AliExpress don't store anything like Amazon would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

dubmick wrote: »

Aliexpress are as quick as anybody when it comes to refunds. the out of stock issue is not down to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I have a Oneplus 6T phone but the fast charge doesn't seem to work it just charges the phone as normal with 5.1 V @ 1.5 A. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

So I've opened a dispute and i get this response from seller

hello dear,
    we just see your package was delivered already.
    and because we can not make sure who received this package, please take your
    ID Card and Aliexpress Order Information go to the local post office or contact the logistics company directly to issue a Proof of nothing you received,
    then show me here, ok?

the proof of nothing received should include Logistic number, stamped by the post office. Package content (products you bought), certifying that the content of the copy indicates that you don’t receive this package any more

Accompanied by a photo of a letter written in spanish dated 9th March 2021 and says Barcelona with a GLS logo. Also the link for tracking shows that Package was shipped out, but when I entered tracking on DHL website all i get is "
    The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically."

Is there any way I can just escalate to Ali so I don't have to keep rejecting seller's proposal?

This seller is a pain in the hole.....
    I ordered two that never arrived and were sent back to him.
    After telling me to take it up with the Post Office, I opened a dispute.

Then he nagged me every day to cancel the dispute while he came up with a complicated hare brained scheme to reorder. When I refused to cancel until he made good (refund or resend), he told me that my dispute was destined to fail....

Now that AliExpress have found in my favour, he has refunded only half the amount and is still trying to flog me another power bank.

And today, he contacted me again asking for positive feedback....ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Ryath

Blacktie. wrote: »
    I have a Oneplus 6T phone but the fast charge doesn't seem to work it just charges the phone as normal with 5.1 V @ 1.5 A. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Oneplus use their own fast charging standard Dash Charge, The power bank supports Qualcom Quick Charging QC and USB C PD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Now that AliExpress have found in my favour, he has refunded only half the amount and is still trying to flog me another power bank.

Why weren't you fully refunded?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Why weren't you fully refunded?

Because....he's a pain in the hole.

If he doesn't sort it out tomorrow, I will take it back to dispute or do a chargeback.

I know most people on here got theirs and are happy with them. But this seller doesn't do customer service very well when things go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Because....he's a pain in the hole.

If he doesn't sort it out tomorrow, I will take it back to dispute or do a chargeback.

I know most people on here got theirs and are happy with them. But this seller doesn't do customer service very well when things go wrong.

Is this the seller you're dealing with?

https://kuulaa.aliexpress.com/store/4993244?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5d754c4dKMI4En

I had to deal with them over a faulty powerbank and they were very good, in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Is this the seller you're dealing with?

https://kuulaa.aliexpress.com/store/4993244?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5d754c4dKMI4En

I had to deal with them over a faulty powerbank and they were very good, in fairness.

I am dealing with that seller, they aren't very helpful, in my opinion DHL didn't even receive package as tracking just says

"The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically." And this hasn't changed since 2nd June.

Compared with a second order I placed yesterday which shows, "The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Ryath wrote: »
    Oneplus use their own fast charging standard Dash Charge, The power bank supports Qualcom Quick Charging QC and USB C PD

Ah that makes sense. Well that's annoying.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Ah that makes sense. Well that's annoying.

Yea dash charge is very good though Oneplus phones don't get warm charging. It's still better than qualcom QC. The newer Oneplus from 8T up use Dash charge 2 which is faster but also support USB C PD so would fast charge with the power bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Doge wrote: »
    Mine arrived today but 2 ports look broken. The left USB A and the lightning port.
    The USB A looks fixable by plugging in a cable but not sure about the lightning port:

555291.jpg

Am very happy with the powerbank, does fast charging on my MI9, but cannot get any cable into the "Lightening" port, thought it my be a Type C but no. What cable should fit it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,954 ✭✭✭Doge

Plascebo wrote: »
    Am very happy with the powerbank, does fast charging on my MI9, but cannot get any cable into the "Lightening" port, thought it my be a Type C but no. What cable should fit it?

Apple lightning cable only.

Plascebo wrote: »

:P
    back-to-the-future-clock-tower-1288659.webp?r=1590746708493

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

brightkane wrote: »
    Thanks OP

Just ordered black from Belgium.

I have 2 older power banks but they are temperamental so this will be a good addition.

8 days from ordering to delivery, currently charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭flids.utd

flids.utd wrote: »
    I recieved mine yesterday, charged it fully and it only was able to put 35% into a galaxy tab through C2C port 🀔 I charged it again and put a half full phone on it through a usbC cable and a meter and it put 3800mah into the phone and was showing 1%, I'll have to try a few more times but banks you'd get for a couple of quid seem to have bigger capacity, apart from capacity, it seems to work 100% eg turbo charging ect
    I had to calibrate mine as it would show 100% charged very quickly but wasn't charged and stay at 1% for ages, once calibrated it's working perfectly, cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

flids.utd wrote: »
    I had to calibrate mine as it would show 100% charged very quickly but wasn't charged and stay at 1% for ages, once calibrated it's working perfectly, cheers OP

how did you calibrate it?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭flids.utd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

This power bank supports Dash charge for any OnePlus phones out there

Power Bank 20000mAh Portable Charger USB C Type C PD3.0 Quick Charge QC3.0 Fast Charging Powerbank External Battery for Xiaomi
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKg6sAV

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Maybe Glasso could help me source a usb c cable that would definitely give fast charge to my Mi note ten lite from the powerbank. It's a minefield of cables out there I haven't a clue tbh.

Does your Mi 10 Lite cable not work? Actally see from reviews it came with a USB A to USB C cable so it won't work.

My Pixel Usb c to Usb c and anker cable both fast charge with the powerbank. I picked up this short one during the week to have one for travel. They have longer versions and braided ones too a little dearer but very durable.

I'd highly recommend anker I have bought good few of their products over the years. Their chargers are very good to.

Ryath wrote: »
    Does your Mi 10 Lite cable not work? Actally see from reviews it came with a USB A to USB C cable so it won't work.

My Pixel Usb c to Usb c and anker cable both fast charge with the powerbank. I picked up this short one during the week to have one for travel. They have longer versions and braided ones too a little dearer but very durable.

I'd highly recommend anker I have bought good few of their products over the years. Their chargers are very good to.

Thanks for your reply, its own cable does fast charge from the powerbank but I was wanting to leave it with the mains charger and keep the powerbank and suitable cable together. I tried an old OnePlus A to C cable I had from a car charger but it only works on fast speed not rapid charge.

was going to say use the original phone charger cable and not surprised to see that it works

buy a usb-c to usb-c cable that is specifically rated as minimum QC 2.0 (but 3.0 probably easier to find at this point)

glasso wrote: »
    was going to say use the original phone charger cable and not surprised to see that it works

buy a usb-c to usb-c cable that is specifically rated as minimum QC 2.0 (but 3.0 probably easier to find at this point)

Perfect. Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭beachhead

works out about 22 euro delivered

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000191871773.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3a4a4c4doRyhkW

(order shipping from Germany or Poland or Spain / Belgium after that)

I got it in a week from the Germany shipping.

- 20,000 Mah - real-world 70 WattHours output (14,000 Mah at 5v phone voltage)
    - very light at 350g or so for this capacity and not big and cumbersome
    - up to 18W output (e.g. 9V / 2A) AND same 18W input charging (on usb-c) so charges pretty much twice as fast as at 5V / 2A
    - usb-c, 2 USB A, apple lightning
    - can charge up to 3 devices at once (18W total output of course)
    - digital display shows % charged, input or output in Volts and Amps

Have this and it's much better than the larger, heavier and slower-charging (input and output) power banks that you'd get would get at this price and with digital readout

All countries except China and Russia greyed out today for this.Not so sure about Russia and as for China?? Maybe an EU country will show up again

Aw feck it, my nice new Anker c to c cables arrived, quick charge only, 9.1V 2.0A disappointing indeed.
    According to the description on Amazon Ardnacrusha could have used it as an output cable....

9V 2.0a (18W) is the max that this powerbank can output (and input).

were you expecting more?

for a 45W output charger it's more than twice the price again.

• Advertisement

9V 2.0a (18W) is the max that this powerbank can output (and input).

were you expecting more?

for a 45W output charger it's more than twice the price again.

Oh, ok I'm sure it said rapid charge when I used its own A to C cable, it says quick charge using the Anker. I'll check it later and let you know the figures on the display.

Advertisement