Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volkswagen VOW3

2»

Comments

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Renault make perfectly good cars today but the obstacle all french company stocks face is french government meddling
    French government meddle more when there are French unions agitating. They have very few French factories now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

As Volkswagen shares are too expensive with respect to the profit the company can generate I am not buying any more. I will hold what I've got.
    Instead, I have just purchased over 340 shares in Renault. I doubt they will do as well as Volkswagen but they have a good knowledge of EV technology and market, are producing good product, have a good plan to stop trying to win market share and stop expanding in to developing countries at no profit.
    Dacia and EV product are convincing and they appear to be hedging their bets by developing the mobility market which Volkswagen group are neglecting.
    It won't make me a millionaire but I doubt I'll lose the shirt off my back.
    Thankfully they have moved most production out of France so are not held hostage by French Unions and Government to the same extent as they were in the past.
    I've driven Renaults for the last 10 years; Good cars afflicted by a bad reputation from the early 2000s when they paid lip service to quality.

The Nissan side of that scale doesn’t look so hot. Allot of these car brands will end up merging to stay alive, even Merc and BMW..

The Nissan side of that scale doesn’t look so hot. Allot of these car brands will end up merging to stay alive, even Merc and BMW..
    Nissan and Renault are mostly going their own ways now which is good as Nissan have no real direction. They are sharing technology on some of the platforms but Nissan can't pull Renault down as they are a separate company. It is no VAG but it isn't as highly priced as Renault so I see it as a way of spreading risk while being in an industry which I'm interested in. I'll buy more this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Nissan and Renault are mostly going their own ways now which is good as Nissan have no real direction. They are sharing technology on some of the platforms but Nissan can't pull Renault down as they are a separate company. It is no VAG but it isn't as highly priced as Renault so I see it as a way of spreading risk while being in an industry which I'm interested in. I'll buy more this month.

hat are people thoughts on Porsche 3 shares they control bag group and also brands like Scania, trucks, and I think DAF aswell as other stuff. The world and his ostrich are all into VOW3, maybe cause most don’t realise the link, I don’t know?

I haven’t went in myself to Porsche.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Vow3 (& likewise its proxy, Pah3) taking a bit of a beating in the last week or two. Down from a high of €250 to €220 now. Soo its fallen 12-13%.

I'm still 30% up and feel its a long term hold .... but getting a little worried that if its falling at a consistent 1% per day, should I be taking profits ....and buying back in later? Thoughts

I'm up 83% and I'm going to do nothing. If it drops back to 170 or 180 euro I won't care as it wasn't bought speculatively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭daheff

Vow3 (& likewise its proxy, Pah3) taking a bit of a beating in the last week or two. Down from a high of €250 to €220 now. Soo its fallen 12-13%.

I'm still 30% up and feel its a long term hold .... but getting a little worried that if its falling at a consistent 1% per day, should I be taking profits ....and buying back in later? Thoughts

kinda feels like its oversold a bit.

i'm thinking 235 ~240ish is a bounceback target if it can consolidate around 220 for a few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭littlevillage

daheff wrote: »
    kinda feels like its oversold a bit.

i'm thinking 235 ~240ish is a bounceback target if it can consolidate around 220 for a few days

Yeah, its the chip shortage stuff that is dragging them all down. But this shortage will surely be sorted later this year (deffo by next year).

I'll hang tough on VOW3 for the time being anyway.

I actually opened a starting position in Ford today. Its down 10% on the day....which really looks overdone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭daheff

So VOW has had a bit of a bounce back the last few session. Back up to the 240-250 ish range (hopefully hit the top of that range as it's my sell target).

• Advertisement
Advertisement