Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€70.19 for a 4 Month Sky Sports Pass from NOW TV with code BANK10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭bonaparte2

Dades wrote: »
    I was listening to Liverpool v Utd yesterday on Newstalk as I arrived at my in-laws. Van Dyke scored just before I got out of the car. I stopped to hear the confirmation that it was allowed by VAR, and then got out and went inside. They were watching the match on Sky Sports virgin media and it the goal hadn't even been scored there.

Always assumed it was just NowTV with such a delay.

ya, the delay is comical . Its like watching highlights , people have the goal analyzed to death on twitter and its still not in the net on so called live sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

bonaparte2 wrote: »
    ya, the delay is comical . Its like watching highlights , people have the goal analyzed to death on twitter and its still not in the net on so called live sky

If you want to enjoy watching the matches just turn the bloody phone off 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,497 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Do you not know how the internet works?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Anyone know of any discounts for the Now TV Entertainment package?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Bought this from pigsback and am trying to redeem it. I am in last 30 days of 'contract'/current pass but their website thinks I am not... How can one contact NOW TV? their chat no workie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Bought this from pigsback and am trying to redeem it. I am in last 30 days of 'contract'/current pass but their website thinks I am not... How can one contact NOW TV? their chat no workie.

You need to cancel the contract you have. They are planning on renewing for a month if you purchased this deal

They did for me. I had stopped using as the SIPTV service I had was actually quicker to load and less delayed

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Just tried mine there and the problem is the same. I've my Sports sub cancelled from renewing and there's only a couple of days left, but I still got an error:
    It looks like you’re already on an offer for the same Pass as the one that voucher’s for. Come back in the last 30 days of your offer to use this voucher.

Not quite the same pass either, as I've never had Extra (but it was a Pigsback offer on Sky Sports and since auto-renewed at 39eur for a month as I had forgot to cancel :eek:). I'll wait now until Friday when the existing pass has expired itself, and then try again.

Of I buy this can I postpone using it for as long as I wish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Of I buy this can I postpone using it for as long as I wish?

Until mid March per the T's & C's

byte wrote: »
    Just tried mine there and the problem is the same. I've my Sports sub cancelled from renewing and there's only a couple of days left, but I still got an error:
    It looks like you’re already on an offer for the same Pass as the one that voucher’s for. Come back in the last 30 days of your offer to use this voucher.

Not quite the same pass either, as I've never had Extra (but it was a Pigsback offer on Sky Sports and since auto-renewed at 39eur for a month as I had forgot to cancel :eek:). I'll wait now until Friday when the existing pass has expired itself, and then try again.

I might do the same so.. mine expires Feb 10. I didn't want to cancel in case applying the voucher meant the 6 mths deal would start Jan 21 instead of Feb 11. Seems there is no way to contact Now TV right?, the chat does not work and there is no contact form or email address, customer service my arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Was on the Sky chat, asking them if they could match NOWTVs offer of Sports+Extra for €30 a month, but they wouldn't budge from 35pm. Has anyone had any joy in getting them to match this price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Was on the Sky chat, asking them if they could match NOWTVs offer of Sports+Extra for €30 a month, but they wouldn't budge from 35pm. Has anyone had any joy in getting them to match this price?

They won't, they know people pay a premium to have this on their Sky box e.g 4k/UHD, recording etc. The reason this offer exists is that it's a slightly worse product but without the monthly commitment.

They win no matter which way you choose to consume

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭steve_r

I might do the same so.. mine expires Feb 10. I didn't want to cancel in case applying the voucher meant the 6 mths deal would start Jan 21 instead of Feb 11. Seems there is no way to contact Now TV right?, the chat does not work and there is no contact form or email address, customer service my arse.

I cancelled my pass which was due to expire on 22nd Jan. It was only today I could activate the voucher

steve_r wrote: »
    I cancelled my pass which was due to expire on 22nd Jan. It was only today I could activate the voucher

Tx that means I do need to wait until Feb 11... I've cancelled the existing passes so they won't auto renew.

So what? I watch all matches on IPTV, I know there is a delay of up to 2 or 3 mins at times so my phone goes into do not disturb while watching, easy and the delay makes no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

So what? I watch all matches on IPTV, I know there is a delay of up to 2 or 3 mins at times so my phone goes into do not disturb while watching, easy and the delay makes no difference.

Exactly. If you're watching what is said on Twitter then you are not watching the match. I'm happy that NOWTV works really well and I don't have to close a million ads. That is worth the minute delay. Nice to switch off every now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Doodah7

It’s only the losers worried about cashing out their bets that have a concern over the time delay. For everyone else, if you put the phone away, it is irrelevant...

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Delighted with Now TV. I've never paid full price for the sports packs, I never have any problems with picture quality cos I've good broadband and have a wired connection to the now tv box. Plus the bonus of no contract or the hassle of streams dying or lagging at the most inopportune moments, like the dodgy IPTV services I've tried in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭steve_r

Delighted with Now TV. I've never paid full price for the sports packs, I never have any problems with picture quality cos I've good broadband and have a wired connection to the now tv box. Plus the bonus of no contract or the hassle of streams dying or lagging at the most inopportune moments, like the dodgy IPTV services I've tried in the past.

Agreed. I've a chromecast and it works perfectly. As soon as I had created my initial account I was streaming straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I've got less than 3mb speed broadband. IPTV doesn't work for me. Now TV works brilliantly. It may dip in quality for a few seconds during a match but that's about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

donnyvegas wrote: »
    if you go incognito and sign up - you'll get 10% discount to your email address. Takes it down to €161.99.

Buying this for my da, set up new pigsback account and didnt get 10% code.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Niska

blue-army wrote: »
    Anyone know of any discounts for the Now TV Entertainment package?

On the NOW TV site:

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/watch-tv-shows-online?gclid=Cj0KCQiAyKrxBRDHARIsAKCzn8yMVTd2bFCg6sSP_VkrZhf21Xx8Wtou5O2Sv6pypHo_BgihMd_UHJgaAieLEALw_wcB#ib-section-section-4
    Save 40% on 3 months of Entertainment Just €27 (worth €45)

(There' also a Ent + Cinema deal: 3 Months of both for €54 (worth €90)
    Both - Auto-renews to €15 per month, unless cancelled

Buying this for my da, set up new pigsback account and didnt get 10% code.

Any ideas?

Did you check your spam folder?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

byte wrote: »

And to confirm, it works today, after my old sub expired.

Also, you need to use the link provided in the PDF sent to you! I just ignored the PDF and copied the code, to enter on Redeem section in My Passes, which wouldn't work. Had to go and actually read what it said and click on the redemption link provided! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

donnyvegas wrote: »
    if you go incognito and sign up - you'll get 10% discount to your email address. Takes it down to €161.99.

Do you have to wait a while for an additional mail?
    I registered but just got a registration mail, nothing with a 10% discount code.

stop wrote: »
    Do you have to wait a while for an additional mail?
    I registered but just got a registration mail, nothing with a 10% discount code.

Just sent you a 10% off code.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭steven087

But if you have a quality eye pee tv service.. Like the price for now TV subs is crazy imo... I have been with same service last 4 years as good as you get from any TV service if not better and under 70 euro a year...And less than a. Minute delay with live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭iHungry

10% off code

ALMOSTOVER10

It's back again...6 Month Sky Sports & Sports Extra Pass for €179.99 with NOW TV (59% Off) and an extra €9 off with a special discount

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 JohnGonne1

jay0109 wrote: »
    It's back again...6 Month Sky Sports & Sports Extra Pass for €179.99 with NOW TV (59% Off) and an extra €9 off with a special discount

Link please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Use code CUPID10 to bring it down to 161.99

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

iHungry wrote: »

Where do you put that in? I can’t find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Where do you put that in? I can’t find it.

Remove/delete the €9 discount in your cart and then you will see the option to add a new discount code. You will get a bigger discount with CUPID10 code.

Not working for me unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Just bought this. Interestingly in the description of the voucher it says you can redeem it up until March 15th however once you buy it, the voucher you receive expires on Feb 15th

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You can also get Sky Sports only for €19.50 pm (for up to five months) from the Now TV site.

I've gone with this until the footy ends May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

Looking to get this for the f1 in March
    When does the sub start when you buy it or when your redeem the code

naughto wrote: »
    Looking to get this for the f1 in March
    When does the sub start when you buy it or when your redeem the code

Redeem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Lads is this 1080p now ? or still 720p quality ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 473 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Lads is this 1080p now ? or still 720p quality ?

AFAIK it's still 720p

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

Entertainment and Kids packages are 720p, stereo, no surround sound.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

In the UK they have a "boost" package where you can upgrade to 1080p.
    Not in Ireland yet.

TBH I was surprised to recently discover sports were only showing at 720, as I couldn't fault the quality of the picture (on 55").

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭Kilteragh

If you bought the 6 Month Sky Sports & Sports Extra Pass through pigsback note that when cancelling that these are two different passes and both will need to be cancelled otherwise you will be charged for the one you didn't cancel when you go past the 6 month period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Anyone have a Pigsback discount that's still working?
    Tks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Anyone know can you cast sky sports to chrome cast from a 1 day pass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

bot43 wrote: »

Yes

bot43 wrote: »

Yes and it works flawlessly

Does anyone know if I redeem a voucher at say 16.30 on a Sunday, in 6 months time would it stop working at 16.30 or would it run until midnight? Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Does anyone know if I redeem a voucher at say 16.30 on a Sunday, in 6 months time would it stop working at 16.30 or would it run until midnight? Cheers

It will run until you change channel or switch the stream off. If you don’t switch channel then it will continue to stream until you do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement