Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€70.19 for a 4 Month Sky Sports Pass from NOW TV with code BANK10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 28112827

iHungry wrote: »
    Was on the fence with this deal until I got an extra 10% off with code BANK10

https://www.pigsback.com/en-ie/offer/427348/nowtv

Good deal, thanks op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

It nowtv via broswer or do you need a hardware box?

Are sky sports showing Rugby world cup?

Cheers op

• Registered Users Posts: 17 28112827

MAJJ wrote: »

Cheers op

You can watch via browser yes, nowtv.com

AFAIK the rugby World Cup is carved up between eir sport and virgin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

MAJJ wrote: »

Cheers op

I used to run it off the app on my phone and through a chromecast to the TV, worked really well. Slight delay is all, maybe a minute

For the RWC, all on eir plus...
    RTÉ has secured TV rights to broadcast 14 live matches. This will include all of Ireland's games, all knockout stages and the final, as well as 16 nights of highlights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Thanks folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Is the resolution still 720 and 30FPS on NowTv?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

This include the BT Sports pack that Sky acquired?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

This include the BT Sports pack that Sky acquired?

States 11 sky sports channels. No mention of BT.

Probably another subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Can't be discounted

Not too pushed, now tv only has a partnership with sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Can't be discounted

Not too pushed, now tv only has a partnership with sky

It is a division of Sky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

sugarman wrote: »
    Yeah still 720 and its 25 FPS! Ridiculous in 2019!

They're hardly gonna make it 4K HDR and kill their subscription service!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I was tempted to get this. It is great value if you are a Premier League fan. Otherwise there is very little on it. The rugby world cup will dominate the next few months and all the gaa is finished for the summer on sky, rte have the rest.

The picture quality is very good. Better than eir sports hd streaming for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 NateDogsCats

OP did you actually manage to get the code to work with this? I was a little on the fence too but I haven't properly been able to watch much footy for near 10 years I'd say and I don't want to have to deal with Sky directly but a discount would definitely help push me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭iHungry

OP did you actually manage to get the code to work with this? I was a little on the fence too but I haven't properly been able to watch much footy for near 10 years I'd say and I don't want to have to deal with Sky directly but a discount would definitely help push me.

Yes it worked for me. But the code doesn't seem to be working now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I was tempted to get this. It is great value if you are a Premier League fan. Otherwise there is very little on it. The rugby world cup will dominate the next few months and all the gaa is finished for the summer on sky, rte have the rest.

The picture quality is very good. Better than eir sports hd streaming for me.

I purchased it and I was worried about the quality of the picture but I have to say its not too bad at all. I also got a free two week trial of Sky Cinema too.

I paid 78 euro earlier in the week and its worth every cent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Does nowtv cast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

For all the banging on theyre doing about piracy and illegal streaming theyre hardly going to attract many customers with a paltry 720p / 25 FPS stream for top dollar prices when there are alternatives of 1080p 60 FPS steams right up to 4K HDR available for nothing.

Not anymore easily. Sky have managed to scare all the IPTV companies away!

THey all discontinued Sky sometime in June

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Afternoon all, I have purchased this but it says it expires in 3 days.
    I currently have Nowtv so I thought I'd be able to use it when the monthly subscription expires as it says it can we redeemed between August and September?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

bot43 wrote: »
    Does nowtv cast?

Yep, very smoothly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

:D:D:D

It stacks, just add it now.

Question, if I may. So if you bought a previous version of this offer, you could add another one to get 8 months, and then in theory 12 months @ €20 p.m.?

All to be activated by the end of Sept

• Advertisement

Yep, very smoothly

True, had no issues with the stability of this last year. Compared to say the Eir sports App with BT sport, which just wasn't as smooth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Cheers for that, I had entered the voucher code rather than the redemption code!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AEH1984

Redemption code wont work for me, keeps saying error, waiting on an email back from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SSeanSS

Wonder if you buy 2 of these will you get 8 months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Akula

Very interested in knowing if these stack also. I'd buy enough to get me through the PL season at least!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I doubt if they'll stack because it's mentioned at the top of the T&C's:

"Available to new and existing NOW TV customers without an active Sky Sports Pass."

Cant hold a voucher til the first runs out either, they seem to have thought of that, as voucher expires 30 Sept!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,497 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Good deal.

Voucher code won't work on it tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Slightly off topic.. Do they have any passes that include BT or Premium sports?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

For those interested - NowTV have an offer of 3 months half price passes for Sky Sports - €58.

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/shop

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Easy enough to reduce the cost on this, I would have thought. Firstly, no need to worry about BANK10 not working... sign up to the Pigsback mailing list and they'll send you a 10% single use discount code which I can confirm works just fine.

The great thing about the voucher is that you can register up to six devices, with up to two screens watching at once. So all the family can enjoy it, as their marketing says. I was able to convince a "family member" to go halves with me on this, reducing my personal outlay to €35.10. Three devices each, any two simultaneously. Nothing to stop others doing likewise.

The voucher needs to be redeemed within a few days, but can be activated at any time before September 30th. I'll activate on Saturday September 14th. That'll run until January 14th, covering all the Christmas football, the PDC Darts, the NFL up to the first two rounds of the playoffs (usually watch the Championship games in pub anyway), and any Monday Night Football that might be on, on January 13th.

Cracking deal imho, cheers OP.

Oh... it expires tonight according to Pigsback!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭Kilteragh

Danny2580 wrote: »
    Easy enough to reduce the cost on this, I would have thought. Firstly, no need to worry about BANK10 not working... sign up to the Pigsback mailing list and they'll send you a 10% single use discount code which I can confirm works just fine.

The great thing about the voucher is that you can register up to six devices, with up to two screens watching at once. So all the family can enjoy it, as their marketing says. I was able to convince a "family member" to go halves with me on this, reducing my personal outlay to €35.10. Three devices each, any two simultaneously. Nothing to stop others doing likewise.

The voucher needs to be redeemed within a few days, but can be activated at any time before September 30th. I'll activate on Saturday September 14th. That'll run until January 14th, covering all the Christmas football, the PDC Darts, the NFL up to the first two rounds of the playoffs (usually watch the Championship games in pub anyway), and any Monday Night Football that might be on, on January 13th.

Cracking deal imho, cheers OP.

I just signed up to the newsletter but didn't get anything to do with 10% off. Does this come later?

I got an email with discount code - signed up via the pop-up that says 55% off hotels etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Says 5 days left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Wheety wrote: »
    Says 5 days left?

It’s not unusual for companies on pigsback to extend an offer especially when it’s a subscription service.

Basically they’re trying to get as many subscriptions up until the premier league starts in the hope they’ll forget to cancel.

• Advertisement

I can't find a page to sign up to the newsletter, anyone have a link?

The voucher needs to be redeemed within a few days, but can be activated at any time before September 30th.

Had forgotten to redeem the voucher until I re read this. It's a step between purchasing from Pigsback and activation with Now TV. It is time limited - you need to redeem within about a week of purchasing.

Any one tried stacking it? You can pick a quantity when purchasing. 2 would nearly see you through the season. And it would if you don't activate it until mid September.

https://www.pigsback.com/en-ie/Account/Login

^ I clicked "sign up now" here and was e-mailed the discount code not long after.

https://www.pigsback.com/en-ie/Account/Login

^ I clicked "sign up now" here and was e-mailed the discount code not long after.

The 10% one?

Bit it doesn't seem to work ?

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    The 10% one?

Bit it doesn't seem to work ?

Worked for me just now.

donnyvegas wrote: »
    Worked for me just now.

Bank 10 or a unique code?

Bank 10 wasn't working on the nowtv pass.

There's a unique code in the email.

The unique code you get when you sign up to Pigsback

donnyvegas wrote: »
    The unique code you get when you sign up to Pigsback

Thanks.

Signed up about two hours ago. Nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Thanks.

Signed up about two hours ago. Nothing yet.

Same here. I signed up twice using 2 different emails addresses (obviously) and haven't received a money off voucher yet.

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Same here. I signed up twice using 2 different emails addresses (obviously) and haven't received a money off voucher yet.

I got mine immediately. Had you recently signed up?

Mr_Muffin wrote: »

I'm the same.

I'm the same.

Did you check your spam?

Make sure to tick "send me offers and discounts" when signing up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement