Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

Sardonicat wrote: »
    No pity parties, just meteor showers.
    I'm barred cos my jokes stink.

I thought it was me who was smelly!

:D

JK I hope you will be ok. Fingers crossed it's just a bit of a dose.

Onshuh wrote: »
    11.30 apparently. A bit cloudy here at the minute. I've no patience for this sheeeit truth be told. Good night for perching outside all the same :)

Do you have a telescope?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

11.30 apparently. A bit cloudy here at the minute. I've no patience for this sheeeit truth be told. Good night for perching outside all the same :)

Any sign of your Mother Ship yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

It's a clear night here - was out looking at persied earlier - only caught a few I reckon it's always better much early in the morning, nearer 2am.
    A bit down tonight, Mr P hasn't been well and things have escalated from that, also we are nearly due a holiday again - (postponed first one because of Covid) It's a tough year for everyone but with each year that passes I feel Mr P is weakening and a highlight may have been a break away. I can't wait until 2020 turns and Jools Holland is counting it away (or maybe 2021, isn't that how it goes?).

In the meantime, I have cracked open a can of Guinness on a Tuesday/Wednesday - which is a rare thing for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside , sweltering from the balmy weather.
    Pretzill wrote: »
    It's a clear night here - was out looking at persied earlier - only caught a few I reckon it's always better much early in the morning, nearer 2am.
    A bit down tonight, Mr P hasn't been well and things have escalated from that, also we are nearly due a holiday again - (postponed first one because of Covid) It's a tough year for everyone but with each year that passes I feel Mr P is weakening and a highlight may have been a break away. I can't wait until 2020 turns and Jools Holland is counting it away (or maybe 2021, isn't that how it goes?).

In the meantime, I have cracked open a can of Guinness on a Tuesday/Wednesday - which is a rare thing for me.

Sorry to hear that p ☹️ *hugs* enjoy that Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :) Anyone see the meteor shower?? I was in the land of nod getting my beauty sleep :D

Hope you feel better JK :)

Someone didn’t slide a plate over when food was mentioned :eek:
    Strange carry on :D

Happy Hump Day!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Jesus you'd be starving in this place waiting to be taken pity on.

Must smell :p

Your plate sliding skills need improving.

Bedside, need food STAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Have bacon, will trade for coffee.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Have bacon, will trade for coffee.

Want bacon & coffee, will trade for ......

**looks to see what's in arms reach***

A slightly used notepad or a collection of small denomination coins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Do you have a telescope?

One has a magnificent telescope... :D

Sardonicat wrote:
    Any sign of your Mother Ship yet?

Blik blak~nik nik nak nak "

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Have coffee for Ted and Deja .

Misty morning, here's hoping it means a good day later.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Mam of 4 wrote: »

God-Bless-Thank-You.gif
    Bless you Mam :) ....lifesaver

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside with a cupan Tae and toast
    Autosport wrote: »

Someone didn’t slide a plate over when food was mentioned :eek:
    Strange carry on :D

Who was that I wonder 🤔

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Thanks Mammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Morning all, welcome to another day in our crazy world.

Waiting to hear how JK is doing.

Last day of the holidays booooo. Not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Last day of the holidays booooo. Not impressed.

Heading for a few days in Dungarvan leaving shortly.

Tried to post unsuccessfully a few times over the days, boards drives me crazy sometimes.

Heading back to Dublin after a few days in Westport, I would advise anyone going anywhere, don't bother with a hotel. Not worth it, over priced & no comfort, everything has to be booked & this place wouldn't even give residents a drink without food.
    And it's packed!

JK, hope you're OK!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Lying in bed listening to a thunder storm. I really hope you'll be ok JK and it isn't the dreaded CV.

Feeling incredibly lost and alone.

Phoenix32 wrote: »

Where is your fella? Still with the ex?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    Lying in bed listening to a thunder storm. I really hope you'll be ok JK and it isn't the dreaded CV.

There's nothing more lonely than being in the wrong relationship. Xx

smurfjed wrote: »
    Where is your fella? Still with the ex?

He's at work. He lives with her half of the week (because of his daughter so he says) and me the other half. He still pays rent on their place together. I demanded to see messages from her because I got the feeling she thinks they are still together. Everything was deleted up until the day before but she did say I miss you and he replied saying he misses her too. She also said I love you, he didn't reply to that but it's enough that she said it. So I've spent an absolute fortune moving in with him in another country and risking my health and he's basically still with his ex. I'm really heartbroken.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ah, Phoenix! Any chance you could contact your ex for a chat and some real life support? Whatever you do, don't take this as a reflection on you. You're brave and open and loving. That's a beautiful way to be. He's a spineless toe-rag. He does not deserve you. Please get some support and give your head and chance to figure out your next steps. In the meantime: Big Squishy Boobie Hugs x

Did his 50/50 week exist before the Aberdeen lockdown? And is it expected to finish or continue after the lockdown?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Ah, Phoenix! Any chance you could contact your ex for a chat and some real life support? Whatever you do, don't take this as a reflection on you. You're brave and open and loving. That's a beautiful way to be. He's a spineless toe-rag. He does not deserve you. Please get some support and give your head and chance to figure out your next steps. In the meantime: Big Squishy Boobie Hugs x

Thank you for your kind words Sardi, they mean a lot to me. I was messaging my ex last night and we're going to have a chat today as she's a great support. I know it must seem hypocritical that I talk to my ex but we really are just best friends, it's why our relationship didn't work. I would never say things to her like I love her or anything inappropriate nor would she. I also don't live with her half the week. I rarely see her in person.
    smurfjed wrote: »
    Did his 50/50 week exist before the Aberdeen lockdown? And is it expected to finish or continue after the lockdown?

It's been this way since he had his wobble the day after he moved in and I don't expect it to change, lockdown hasn't really had an impact, I had been worried he'd use it as an excuse to just stay there full time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,486 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Trying to catch up on this thread.

Phoenix, get yourself out of there, girl. Go home or to you ex, wherever you'll feel more comfortable.

He's an asshole, was an asshole when you first moved over and will likely always be an asshole. Cut your losses ASAP, that nonsense will only destroy your self esteem.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,486 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Just saw Jupiter's post, I hope you're feeling better today. No harm in ringing your doctor for advice.

• Advertisement

I really have to agree with LEJ, get the train down to Glasgow and flights are €40 one way home. You went there, you tried, now take a realistic look at the situation you are in and make a decision that works for YOU.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement