Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the oldest car you saw on the road today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

My neck hurts.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

My neck hurts.

At least they're opposite turns so you get neck exercise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I think the joke of posting pictures sideways has run its course.

antodeco wrote: »
    At least their opposite turns so you get neck exercise

Is that not 'nexercise'?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

Saw a 94 Bentley coupe earlier looked mint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Charlestown

IMG-2889.jpg

Lovely car, hate the plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

In Portugal at the moment 01

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

More from Portugal,

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

God bless the hot dry climate. Sure it buggers paintwork and interior plastics but keeps the tinworm at bay.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Why are half the pics posted here sideways. Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 actually!

Ryath wrote: »
    501550.jpg

Reminds me of the Famous Five TV show. The uncle had one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Another Cavan town 4x4. And another HiLux, although a youngster at only 22 years old.
    EcJQES3.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

91 Civic. In nice condition too. Can't imagine there are too many left that haven't rotted away to a red dust. Must have been well looked after in its life.

504105.jpg

Apologies for the crappy pic. :o

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Nice, looks like a GL so much posher then my black bumper base 1.3!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭tc20

Wibbs wrote: »
    91 Civic. In nice condition too. Can't imagine there are too many left that haven't rotted away to a red dust. Must have been well looked after in its life.

Apologies for the crappy pic. :o

I see that regularly in the Bray area, looks very well tended.

Including the driver who seems to sit more in the middle than in the seat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Up in the NCT Centre in Greenhills this morning:

504195.jpg

504196.jpg

504197.jpg

504198.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Up in the NCT Centre in Greenhills this morning:

Raging I didn't take a closer photo of this.

Was talking to the new owner. It's a credit to the previous owner. Absolutely immaculate. Only 90k on it. The interior looks like it was installed this morning.

Had the same gripe as myself with the reg system now as he's gonna end up with a 90-D-12nnnn plate. And doesn't want a ZV mark as they aren't period correct for a 1990. That's the sort of pedantry I love (original Reg date 12 February 1990)

504200.jpg

504201.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Garzard

In the Square, Tallaght this afternoon. Must be rare enough.

504241.jpg

• Advertisement

Its not a car, but I'm sure this absolute gem can be appreciated here. 1980 RD350 spotted in Coolock today

49602034131_ddcefc96f9_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭secman

Saw a 77D reg Honda car, not sure of the model, didn't look familiar at all, i overtook it on the M50 this afternoon , hence no photo. Was being driven by a woman in late 20's id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

secman wrote: »
    Saw a 77D reg Honda car, not sure of the model, didn't look familiar at all, i overtook it on the M50 this afternoon , hence no photo. Was being driven by a woman in he 20's id say.

Transsexual??

secman wrote: »
    Saw a 77D reg Honda car, not sure of the model, didn't look familiar at all, i overtook it on the M50 this afternoon , hence no photo. Was being driven by a woman in he 20's id say.

I often see a white 77 reg Civic at classic shows throughout the year, probably was that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭secman

I often see a white 77 reg Civic at classic shows throughout the year, probably was that

A creamy looking white rather than a brilliant white if you know what i mean,

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Its not a car, but I'm sure this absolute gem can be appreciated here. 1980 RD350 spotted in Coolock today

Lovely. That brings back memories. Always hated two strokes but you couldn't help but marvel at that bike. I knew a few lads that had them back in the day. It's a miracle any of them are alive.

49602034131_ddcefc96f9_z.jpg

Ahhh, the widow maker. There was more lads killed off those than any other bike ever made, if I recall correctly. Brakes and frame weren't up to the power. I remember a lad out in Swords had a race prepared one, used to wait out on the old Dublin road to piss off lads on big hondas and kwaks. Nutjob. It blew up every so often, but he just rebuilt it and carried on. That one is an absolute credit to the owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Ahhh, the widow maker. There was more lads killed off those than any other bike ever made, if I recall correctly. Brakes and frame weren't up to the power. I remember a lad out in Swords had a race prepared one, used to wait out on the old Dublin road to piss off lads on big hondas and kwaks. Nutjob. It blew up every so often, but he just rebuilt it and carried on. That one is an absolute credit to the owner.
    I frightened the life out of myself as a 20 yr old on one of those. I was given a go of one in an industrial estate. For the life of me I couldn't keep the front wheel on the ground. I handed it back shaking like a leaf.

My da used to have a bike shop on Queen street in the 80s and he was saying many of these (and riders) met untimely ends. A widow maker is exactly what he called it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

My first bike was a 1979 RD400 ... I'd love to have one again .. hoot of a bike. Even the 350s.

/M

Advertisement