Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suicide Squad Sequel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

What’s his super power, stealing dogs?

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There is enough of them there that 3/4's of them should be killed off throughout the film.

I think any / all of them in campy outfits are getting decimated early on. A bit like the team Deadpool puts together.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,257 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Wouldnt be suprised if Cena is offed quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭p to the e

James Gunn's first film since the unpleasantness has his first take on the eponymous team. Unlike most people I got a kick out of a lot of the first. I'm not a comic book fan so have no idea how it relates to them but I thought it was fun for the most part. Editing, the final 15 minutes and some obnoxious music choices aside it wasn't all bad. Plus it won an Oscar so there.

This follow up looks to be just as cast heavy; Michael Rooker and Nathan Fillion being ones to watch. It actually is starting to look a bit like "Mystery Men".

Also today I learned James Gunn was married to Pam from the Office:US

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭p to the e

Sneak Peeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,369 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nathan Fillion would be my guess as I think his character has been made just for this film.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Nathan Fillion would be my guess as I think his character has been made just for this film.

Speculation is that his character's codename TDK is short for "the detachable kid", with the character being a rebadged version of Arm-Fall-Off-Boy from the Legion of Super Heroes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Fysh wrote: »
    Speculation is that his character's codename TDK is short for "the detachable kid", with the character being a rebadged version of Arm-Fall-Off-Boy from the Legion of Super Heroes.

"Arm fall off boy" is such a glib reminder of how superhero comics started as disposable pulp fiction made for kids; the writers perhaps not trying too hard that morning.

They were out of ideas and hadn't had their coffee yet; "arm .... Uh, fall off ... Boy. Yeah. He can pull his arms off and throw them, I dunno. We got another 34 editions to write today."

pixelburp wrote: »
    "Arm fall off boy" is such a glib reminder of how superhero comics started as disposable pulp fiction made for kids; the writers perhaps not trying too hard that morning.

They were out of ideas and hadn't had their coffee yet; "arm .... Uh, fall off ... Boy. Yeah. He can pull his arms off and throw them, I dunno. We got another 34 editions to write today."

Tbf Polka Dot Man sounds equally as demented, better powers true but still an awful name :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,470 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I liked how people assumed polka-dot man was a CGI suit for King Shark, and then it was "nope, that's polka-dot man of course".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,385 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

p to the e wrote: »
    James Gunn's first film since the unpleasantness has his first take on the eponymous team. Unlike most people I got a kick out of a lot of the first. I'm not a comic book fan so have no idea how it relates to them but I thought it was fun for the most part. Editing, the final 15 minutes and some obnoxious music choices aside it wasn't all bad. Plus it won an Oscar so there.

This follow up looks to be just as cast heavy; Michael Rooker and Nathan Fillion being ones to watch. It actually is starting to look a bit like "Mystery Men".

Also today I learned James Gunn was married to Pam from the Office:US

:eek: never knew that

• Registered Users Posts: 85,385 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sylvester Stallone just confirmed he has been cast

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sylvester Stallone just confirmed he has been cast

Avengers-Endgame-Quotes-6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,915 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Red Band trailer popped up; looks already so much more enjoyable than the last mess of a film. YouTube's trailer is age-gated so here's a Twitter vid instead.

https://twitter.com/hbomax/status/1375477644431478786

Already looks a thousand times better the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Looks great, I actually had little interest in watching the trailer but I’m looking forward to the film now

I'm just going to take a wild swing that the team we see at 1:06 are all going to die horribly in the first act, given the bulk of the trailer features absolutely none of them (apart from Joel Kinnaman's character, who presumably still leads each team).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I can’t put my finger on it, but the trailer kinda has a weird vibe to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Some fairly ropey CGI, especially King Shark.

Is Joel Kinnon really thst big or is that CGI too?

Feels like it has a bit more humour this time round but also looks like it's trying a bit too hard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Trailer looks good..... But.
    The trailers for the last one made it look fantastic and that turned out to be utter garbage. So I’ll wait and see what happens after the reviews come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Obligatory rewatch of the first trailer for the first film

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

pixelburp wrote: »
    Red Band trailer popped up; looks already so much more enjoyable than the last mess of a film. YouTube's trailer is age-gated so here's a Twitter vid instead.

https://twitter.com/hbomax/status/1375477644431478786

I thought John Cena was supposed to be in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Roar wrote: »
    I thought John Cena was supposed to be in this?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I think people just need to stop watching trailers and they will enjoy the films better. For me I have no intention if purposely watching the trailer for this. Augest is only 4 months away so I will wait till after I have hopefully seen the film in the cinema then check the trailer out after it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

So did the trailer for the first one

So did the trailer for the first one

I dont think there has ever been such a disconnect between first trailer and actual movie as with Suicide Squad.

pjohnson wrote: »
    I dont think there has ever been such a disconnect between first trailer and actual movie as with Suicide Squad.

Was there though? I mean the Marketing Agency who cut that trailer, edited the final film so it could be argued we got exactly what was promised :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

My interest in DC is at an all time low and this film doesn't do anything to alleviate that. I'd actually argue that the success of Aquaman has been disastrous for the property as a whole because now we're stuck in this weird place where continuity has been completely shot. It's incoherent to me and tedious.

Advertisement