Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning or Evening shower

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Acquiescence

People who don't shower when they get up are dirt birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Ferm001 wrote: »
    The 3 S's (Shower, Shave, & Sh*te) first thing sets me up for the day. Also hard to beat another S before these if she's in the humour ☺.

I shower every morning - have short hair so it takes five minutes max.
    Shave every second day - but always before the shower, not after. If I shaved after the shower, I run the risk of needing another shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,208 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Ferm001 wrote: »
    The 3 S's (Shower, Shave, & Sh*te) first thing sets me up for the day. Also hard to beat another S before these if she's in the humour ☺.

It's 5 S's in this order, a Sh!te a Shave, a Shampoo, a Shower and a Shirt in the morning, if you go in the evening the option is a Sh!te a Shave, a Shampoo, a Shower and a Shag if you are lucky.

Evening option looks better.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Shower every evening and wash hair as needed. Deodorant after the shower and again in the morning. Quick wipe of the pink bits in the morning too.

After puberty everyone should be washing their pits, entire bits area and feet daily so it's easier to have a quick shower than stand at the sink changing water for each area. No one wants soapy water with antiperspirant, or skin cells from their feet, on their bits.

It's 5 S's in this order, a Sh!te a Shave, a Shampoo, a Shower and a Shirt in the morning, if you go in the evening the option is a Sh!te a Shave, a Shampoo, a Shower and a Shag if you are lucky.

Evening option looks better.

Wet shaving purists would shave after the shower. Softer beard and all that. Pain in the ar$e getting the shaving soap residue out of your ears, though!

The evening option is sounding better as time goes by!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Wet shaving purists would shave after the shower. Softer beard and all that. Pain in the ar$e getting the shaving soap residue out of your ears, though!

The evening option is sounding better as time goes by!

I am a wet shaving purist and always shave before the shower. The mixture of lather and hair particles will sometimes drop down onto my chest while shaving - so having the shower after means I can rinse that off.

I am a wet shaving purist and always shave before the shower. The mixture of lather and hair particles will sometimes drop down onto my chest while shaving - so having the shower after means I can rinse that off.

#metoo. And I rate myself a minor purist; hence I shave before I shower as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

There's a difference between scrubbing and cleaning.

And you can mitigate against skin drying out (and cracking) which seems to be the main argument against regular showers. And not using antibacterial soaps has less impact on the bacterial balance in the skin.

I don’t use antibacterial soaps. I still think every day showering isn’t necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Last thing at night but usually go for a run, 4-5 days a week and shower after that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

People who don't shower when they get up are dirt birds.

It's actually far more more manky to climb into bed with your partner anything up to 17 hours after you last had a shower, especially in the summer and /or with little or no clothes on.

• Advertisement

I find this “I couldn’t face work without a shower” comment a lot of people make very funny. Like what aspect of work does a shower improve? I feel absolutely no difference whatsoever at work if I’ve had a shower before hand or not, except I’d have had to get up 10 mins or 15 earlier (or go into work later).

After puberty everyone should be washing their pits, entire bits area and feet daily so it's easier to have a quick shower than stand at the sink changing water for each area. No one wants soapy water with antiperspirant, or skin cells from their feet, on their bits.

Which authority decided it was necessary to be done daily?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Dr. Colossus

In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.

I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Morning shower for me. Every day.
    The Soap Dodgers love these threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.

I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.:)

Haha :) I'm so confused right now. Don't know whether this is true and weird, true and sweet, or untrue and funny. Either way it has made me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Gynoid wrote: »
    Haha :) I'm so confused right now. Don't know whether this is true and weird, true and sweet, or untrue and funny. Either way it has made me smile.

It's from American Psycho. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Phil Collins fan?

🙈🙉🙊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

I find this “I couldn’t face work without a shower” comment a lot of people make very funny.

I found your "I shower three times a week" very funny. And by funny, I mean disgusting.

I wouldn't go into work without having a shower. As far as feeling fresh and alert is concerned, the extra ten minutes of sleep wouldn't benefit me the way a shower does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I couldn't go into bed grubby and sweaty after a long day's work, that's gross!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

It's from American Psycho. :D

Thanks. I was in a bewildering spot for a minute there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Takes me 2 minutes max to shower, I don't know what the hell people do be doing in there. But for me every morning or my hair is greasy af and it wakes me up too, and also in the evening after being in the gym.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

Takes me 2 minutes max to shower, I don't know what the hell people do be doing in there. But for me every morning or my hair is greasy af and it wakes me up too, and also in the evening after being in the gym.

What brand if shampoo you using. I find that head and shoulders makes my hair feel greasy after using and then shower next day. If I use radox for men I find my hair wont feel greasy until third day. This might need another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Morning shower for me, nothing better than turning it to cold for the last minute or 2, so invigorating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Shower once a year even if I don't need it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 davedonie

I've no central heating and my bathroom is like a walk in freezer so I took to showering in the evening before bed, have the electric blanket warmed bed to look forward to. Must say it's much better than showering in the morning, feeling rushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,549 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

davedonie wrote: »
    I've no central heating and my bathroom is like a walk in freezer so I took to showering in the evening before bed, have the electric blanket warmed bed to look forward to. Must say it's much better than showering in the morning, feeling rushed.

Are you renting? I'd expect a fan heater in a bathroom if there's no central heating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Twice a day, I have an en suit so its just handy to go from bed into a shower.

Then most days I'll either run or swim so it'll be a shower after both. I keep my head shaved so its easier in so far as I don't have to spend extra time on my hair.

I guess if I wasn't so active once a day would do me.

I'm too big for a bath, I'd look ridiculous in one so I haven't have one in donkeys years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Every evening, why would you get into bed after a full day all manky and sweaty, a good rinse in the evening before bed and the sheets on the bed stay fresher for longer

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Every evening, why would you get into bed after a full day all manky and sweaty, a good rinse in the evening before bed and the sheets on the bed stay fresher for longer
    You mean you don't change the sheets every day? Minger! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Dr. Colossus

Phil Collins fan?

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual.
    It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility.
    At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

jaxxx wrote: »
    I bring a bar of soap with me, and shower on my way in each morning during my walk using the rain.
    Also known as a Hobo Shower:D

Advertisement