Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning or Evening shower

Options
  • 22-02-2020 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

I recently started showering before bed so in the morning I cut my getting ready time by a good 20mins or so and gets me in that extra bit early beating heavy traffic.

I'm In my mid 30s and cant believe I haven't done it this way before. I think I get a better night's sleep also and my greasy hair and body for the day dont ruin the blankets and pillows.

So curious what people think about the night vs evening shower in their weekly routine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

I shower before I go to bed

And then one before work in the morning

Sometimes even have one after work as well just to freshen up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

no way. evening showers are disgusting for the next day and only for country folk.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I take a bath on Tuesday and Friday morning

branie2 wrote: »

Vile

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Morning. Even if I’ve a bad sleep it wakes me up. I seem to move around a lot at night so the bed head just doesn’t accommodate evening showers.
    Also you probably sweat a bit more than you think at night so it’s pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Andrew00 wrote: »
    I shower before I go to bed

And then one before work in the morning

Sometimes even have one after work as well just to freshen up

You must have the flesh nearly washed off yourself at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I bring a bar of soap with me, and shower on my way in each morning during my walk using the rain.

Now that I've said that.. I'm visualising it and realise that I'd have to either:

a) walk in with just me unders on or
    b) shower through my clothes

See this is why I'm not a people person!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

bogwalrus wrote: »
    So curious what people think about the night vs evening shower in their weekly routine.

Ya mean morning v evening? Or is it morning v evening v night? :D

Yeah the morning one is magic, sets ya up for the day. BUT loads of people are having to get up at stupid o clock now to beat the traffic so its not an option.

I used to get up at 5.15am and no way was I gonna get up at 5.05 to squeeze in a shower.
    I since switched hours so now I get up at 6.45 and shower before leaving and yeah it's nice, you feel fresher.

Just personally but my dog comes into the room and jumps into bed and starts licking me on the head at 6.45am every morning nowadays and we have a cuddle, that's my favourite moment of the morning. You can shower or not but that's my happiest morning moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

Morning. Even if I’ve a bad sleep it wakes me up.

I thought this would be an issue and that I would just not be as refreshed in the morning but I have realised that because I'm not completely woken up until 10 ish after my morning coffee that I dont get a slump around lunch anymore and the day is way more relaxed. Also I get to leave for home earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 IndigoStar

Evening shower. Why would I get into my lovely bed at night grimy from my day?
    I understand the morning shower too but I'm always pressed for time and I usually run in the evenings too so shower would be required anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭bamayang

bogwalrus wrote: »
    I recently started showering before bed so in the morning I cut my getting ready time by a good 20mins or so and gets me in that extra bit early beating heavy traffic.

I'm In my mid 30s and cant believe I haven't done it this way before. I think I get a better night's sleep also and my greasy hair and body for the day dont ruin the blankets and pillows.

If you work manual labour/outside work this is grand. But if you work in any sort of an office it isn’t IMO.
    You may not think it, but I guarantee you you stink

bamayang wrote: »

bit of good news there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Morning. Even if I’ve a bad sleep it wakes me up. I seem to move around a lot at night so the bed head just doesn’t accommodate evening showers.
    Also you probably sweat a bit more than you think at night so it’s pointless.

Just apply deodorant at night before you go to bed.

Has all night to do its job then.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

branie2 wrote: »

Nothing wrong with that, most people's Grandparents or Parents would have done the same and also had what is still referred to as 'the cat's lick' at the sink in the morning time.

Every day or multiple daily showers can bring their own problems of skin dryness and irritation. Personally I'd shower 5 or 6 days out of 7 and either morning or evening depending on my diary and I'm fine. My missus would be quick to tell me if I needed a wash and its never arisen.

If you work manual labour/outside work this is grand. But if you work in any sort of an office it isn’t IMO.

Absolute nonsense. Daily showering isn’t even necessary in order to not “stink”

• Registered Users Posts: 18,467 ✭✭✭✭kippy

You are saying that if you don't shower daily in the morning you stink?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I shower when needs be, I run some mornings or cycle so I shower ... I get dirty at work I shower when I get home... if I dont do excersize or get dirty I dont shower .....I've gone 3 days before now without a shower and also had 2 showers in one day ...

I wouldn't obsess over it....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,574 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Absolute nonsense. Daily showering isn’t even necessary in order to not “stink”

Bath on a Saturday with the siblings is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,615 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Just apply deodorant at night before you go to bed.

Has all night to do its job then.

Antiperspirant works better when applied at night too. I'm more likely to get a bit whiffy if I shower in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

Depends on your job and evening activity. If i was out running at night - im not - id have to shower.
    But i prefer the morning one. Even tho im up early

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ladybird18

Every morning and in the evening if I work out which could be 4/5 days a week.
    Couldnt function without my daily shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Are all the evening showerers asexual?

The multiple times a day showerers are ****ed up even more. Not good for you or the environment for that matter- you dry skin, planet killing maniacs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Well that's a load of bollocks

Well that's a load of bollocks

:pac:

Ladybird18 wrote: »
    Every morning and in the evening if I work out which could be 4/5 days a week.
    Couldnt function without my daily shower.

Why would you have a shower in the morning after having one in the evening? Madeness! I’d shower about 3 times across the 7 days of the week on average.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

If i shower to wash my hair in the evening ..i would still just have a quick body shower in the morning. It only takes 5 mins.

I usually just shower in the morning though.

If i don't wash my hair etc (which i only do maybe twice or three times a week) then a body shower only takes 5 mins. I wear a cap.

I should prolly body shower once in the evening and once in the morning tbh. I don't know why i don't.

If i shower too much though ..it can dry out my face a little in the winter.

I do prefer baths. But well ..who has time?

And no i don't think you are dirty if you don't shower everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm not a morning person but for that reason I actually shower in the morning. It's refreshing and makes me less miserable being up so early.

Why would you have a shower in the morning after having one in the evening? Madeness! I’d shower about 3 times across the 7 days of the week on average.

Cus u get all sweaty in ur sleep and its nice to feel fresh when hopping into bed with the woman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

This thread is making me think I need to shower in evening and morning now. Did not expect that. Now my schedule is all screwed.

Also I dont get the people that cycle to work and start their day as a sweaty mess. I see some doing the farmers wash in the sinks. I could not start my day like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭S.G.M.

I'm amazed so many shower daily let alone more than once for some people.
    Id shower every other day generally but maybe more depending on how my gym schedule falls etc.
    I've never in my life showered 7 days in a row.

Edit: Reading through the comments, I understand it a bit better. My showers last over 20 mins as I suffer from OCD so have my cleaning 'ritual' and I find them quite stressful at times.

Advertisement