Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning or Evening shower

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭CFlat

If the gf and I want sexy time, it's a shower before bed:), otherwise it's in the morning. Sure you sweat in bed at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

I have to shower everyday. Between work and exercise I would stink otherwise. I shower after exercise so that varies on a day to day basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

CFlat wrote: »
    If the gf and I want sexy time, it's a shower before bed:), otherwise it's in the morning. Sure you sweat in bed at night?

Is this like an agreement you have beforehand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

bamayang wrote: »
    If you work manual labour/outside work this is grand. But if you work in any sort of an office it isn’t IMO.
    You may not think it, but I guarantee you you stink

Don’t be daft. Night-before showering is grand. Where do people encounter these smelly people? I hardly ever did even on packed public transport. Not a chance that it was because everyone had just had a shower. People are seriously paranoid about cleanliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Don’t be daft. Night-before showering is grand. Where do people encounter these smelly people? I hardly ever did even on packed public transport. Not a chance that it was because everyone had just had a shower. People are seriously paranoid about cleanliness.

Depends on your culture country ..family background etc.

What is normal for some isn't for others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

I get the power washer out 3x daily... :P

Do I win?

Am I the cleanest of them all??

There's probably someone out there, who scrubs themselves with industrial strength bleach... and then wraps their body in some kind of protective plastic film to block out atmospheric bacteria! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭feelthepower

During the Summer every day, sometimes twice a day and fresh change of clothes. Easy drying.

During the Winter and cold months every 2nd day and I'd get two days out of a work shirt and alternate. I hate sticking clothes in a dryer as it completely ruins them.

I'm just generally not a smelly person. If I had a partner it would be fresh change of clothes and shower every day during Winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I get the power washer out 3x daily... :P

Do I win?

Am I the cleanest of them all??

There's probably someone out there, who scrubs themselves with industrial strength bleach... and then wraps their body in some kind of protective plastic film to block out atmospheric bacteria! :D
    i live in a bubble!

it filters out spiritual pollution i am the highest

anytime my hand touches my hair i wash my hand

if my hand touches a part of my body i wash my hand

i cut my toenails and finger nails on diff days to avoid contamination...

i wash top down and right to left!

i bathe several times a day..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Normally morning, but if I had a shower at night, I'd skip the morning shower. I might have a bath during the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

There was a fair lot of us kids. We got baths on Saturday evenings whether we were dirty or not. Could be two at a time. There was a rush to be in the first lots when the water was cleaner before the more farty brothers fcuked the place up entirely. Showers were not a thing, even into my adulthood. There were these rubber tubes that went on the taps that simulated showering but the head could equally spin out if your soapy wet hands and drench the room. There were bedsits in Ranelagh with shared bathrooms, rusty patches in the baths, rubber tubing for the showers, the flabby oul lad from number 3 coming out smelling of cologne while you waited with your towel in the hall in case the spinster civil servant from number 4 got in before you...How did we survive! :)

• Advertisement

Why would you have a shower in the morning after having one in the evening? Madeness! I’d shower about 3 times across the 7 days of the week on average.

So gross!
    How do you even have a girlfriend?!
    Not too many 'jobs ' either!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Always in the morning. And often another in the evening.

Couldn't even countenance going to work not having a shower. Gross.

Only recently have developed dry skin around my elbows/mid arms - have put it down to over showering (daily), and now use sensitive skin shower gel. I don't directly apply it to the sensitive area.

Not sure how the multiple a day showerers aren't damaging their skin. Must be due to different skin types.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Morning.
    I have to supplement hormones and while they make my life so much better, sweating quite a bit at night is the trade-off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Winter - night time most of the time (but mornings on days off). Very occasionally I'd get away with skipping one (e.g. at Christmas when I'm just sitting around).

Summer - mornings, but night time after exercise.

Bar the odd exception, showering more than once a day is ocd-ish.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Winter - night time most of the time (but mornings on days off). Very occasionally I'd get away with skipping one (e.g. at Christmas when I'm just sitting around).

Summer - mornings, but night time after exercise.

Bar the odd exception, showering more than once a day is ocd-ish.

Or just different..

Lad at work can be smelled from across the room... You know every room he's just been in. You can almost taste him.

He's definitely got the balance wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Gynoid wrote: »
    There was a fair lot of us kids. We got baths on Saturday evenings whether we were dirty or not. Could be two at a time. There was a rush to be in the first lots when the water was cleaner before the more farty brothers fcuked the place up entirely. Showers were not a thing, even into my adulthood. There were these rubber tubes that went on the taps that simulated showering but the head could equally spin out if your soapy wet hands and drench the room. There were bedsits in Ranelagh with shared bathrooms, rusty patches in the baths, rubber tubing for the showers, the flabby oul lad from number 3 coming out smelling of cologne while you waited with your towel in the hall in case the spinster civil servant from number 4 got in before you...How did we survive! :)

"Ah yes, I remember it well" ;well. some of it! As the youngest child I was always the last.

Before we moved to a new build after the war, it was a tin bath in front of the fire. One of my earliest memories. Each family had a set of 3 tin baths, nesting inside each other
    Now? Well, the council promised to fit a bath in my unusual accommodation as the shower was defunct …. That was nearly 3 years ago, so I have entered my second childhood of washing at the basin or sink. a bucket for my feet. in front of the fire.

bubblypop wrote: »
    So gross!
    How do you even have a girlfriend?!
    Not too many 'jobs ' either!

Showering everyday for the sake of it is just because people are conditioned to think it’s necessary, sheep mentality. If you need a shower because you are actually dirty that’s different but showing because that’s what people do is just silly really. In the normal course of your day you don’t smell because you haven’t had a shower for a few days (not everyone exercise as a normal part of their day before that is pointed out).

I don’t have a girlfriend btw, I have a wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

lawred2 wrote: »
    Or just different..

Lad at work can be smelled from across the room... You know every room he's just been in. You can almost taste him.

He's definitely got the balance wrong.
    Well that's someone who just doesn't shower.

I only bath and never shower but I have it in the morning because you never wake up feeling clean even if you do it the night before.

• Advertisement

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Well that's someone who just doesn't shower.

As I said, he's got the balance wrong

Obviously the internal debate about morning or evening showers got the better of him..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,565 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Showering everyday for the sake of it is just because people are conditioned to think it’s necessary, sheep mentality. If you need a shower because you are actually dirty that’s different but showing because that’s what people do is just silly really. In the normal course of your day you don’t smell because you haven’t had a shower for a few days (not everyone exercise as a normal part of their day before that is pointed out).

I don’t have a girlfriend btw, I have a wife.

Its not being conditioned. It's just good hygiene. And some people prefer feeling fresh.

People who smell usually smell of stale sweat that has accumulated because they don't wash particularly regularly. They seem to be the last ones to realise they give off a smell. Also, you don't have to be exercising to sweat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

If you don’t shower every morning you are a bit of a dirt bag imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Greyfox

For the last 15 years I've had a daily shower but I have NEVER had a shower before work and never will as its a completely riddiculous waste of 10 very precious minutes. 1 shower a day is enough and I prefer evenings as that way I get to enjoy changing into something more comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,949 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Depends on what you do for a living. Tradesmen will usually shower after work as we can be dirty and a little bit smelly. I'd imagine if you work in an office it wouldn't matter morning or evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Its not being conditioned. It's just good hygiene. And some people prefer feeling fresh.

People who smell usually smell of stale sweat that has accumulated because they don't wash particularly regularly. They seem to be the last ones to realise they give off a smell. Also, you don't have to be exercising to sweat.

Debatable. Some in the know argue that scrubbing skin every day isn’t great for it and from a bacterial point of view, you’re not going to be crawling if you shower every other day. A bit of bacteria is no bad thing. I bet half the people here talking about disgusting it never wipe down their phone which is truly likely to be crawling.

I grew up in a family of every-other-day showerers. No issue with odour. And it’s not like I wouldn’t notice it just because they’re related. Anyone who isn’t me, I’ll notice if they smell. Much like my own farts are bearable because they’re mine but I can’t bear anyone else’s even those closest to me. I suspect people who say that one will stink if they only shower alternate days hasn’t really tested that theory and is just making assumptions. There are circumstances where daily showering needs to occur - in hot weather or if you do exercise every single day. But other than that - nah, not necessary.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Depends on what you do for a living. Tradesmen will usually shower after work as we can be dirty and a little bit smelly. I'd imagine if you work in an office it wouldn't matter morning or evening

Oh it does, a lot of the women in my office clearly don’t shower as they come in with greasy hun buns and that stale sweat smell it’s horrific,

Oh it does, a lot of the women in my office clearly don’t shower as they come in with greasy hun buns and that stale sweat smell it’s horrific,

Where the fuk do you work? A 1950's Soviet car factory?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

As you said wash "regularly". Not necessarily shower every single day. I like morning showers as I feel better starting the day, not because I stink if I skip it. Like wise I sometimes have a shower in the evening if I'm feeling overtired. I'd clean my face and armpits ( in that order) every morning but there is conditioning that you should have a shower every day or less you stink. Amazing what a bit of deodorant or aftershave can do if you're not manky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,565 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Debatable. Some in the know argue that scrubbing skin every day isn’t great for it and from a bacterial point of view

There's a difference between scrubbing and cleaning.

And you can mitigate against skin drying out (and cracking) which seems to be the main argument against regular showers. And not using antibacterial soaps has less impact on the bacterial balance in the skin.

Advertisement