Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir and Virgin Media Sport - cross supply deal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

kooga wrote: »
    just to say that virgin media sport is in the clear on other channels on a NI skybox with a PS sub - currently watching the spurs in BT9

Not for me it isn't. I have added 2 VM Sport HD Channels via manual tuning on 11.641 H DVB S2 8PSK 23000 2/3 and both ask me to upgrade my subscription. I subscribe already to Premier Sports and have Eir Sports 1 as a bonus channel on my epg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Not for me it isn't. I have added 2 VM Sport HD Channels via manual tuning on 11.641 H DVB S2 8PSK 23000 2/3 and both ask me to upgrade my subscription. I subscribe already to Premier Sports and have Eir Sports 1 as a bonus channel on my epg.

Strange - I tried it before and it didn’t work so on the off chance last Wednesday I re tuned them in - got a choice of two vm sport channels saved them and watched the game.

In the clear last night as well for the europa league games

Just to add can you check does it clear when there’s not a live game on

Interseting that Eir Sport advertise their full sports package including VM Sport in Ulster Rugby match programme tonight. Yet this is not officially available for N. Ireland viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Interseting that Eir Sport advertise their full sports package including VM Sport in Ulster Rugby match programme tonight. Yet this is not officially available for N. Ireland viewers.

It is available for three of the nine counties in Ulster.

lertsnim wrote: »
    It is available for three of the nine counties in Ulster.

You're spot on the ball. Didn't think of that.

• Advertisement

Virgin sport Not in the clear tonight

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Interesting scheduling by eir Sport tonight, scheduling West Brom v Newcastle on the more widely available eir Sport 1 and reserving the more attractive clash of Chelsea v Liverpool to eir Sport 2, making it only available to eir broadband customers.

Of course this might be just prudent given many will just watch Chelsea v Liverpool on BBC anyway. But is it an indication that eir Sport 2 might be used as more than just an overspill channel in future?

icdg wrote: »
    Interesting scheduling by eir Sport tonight, scheduling West Brom v Newcastle on the more widely available eir Sport 1 and reserving the more attractive clash of Chelsea v Liverpool to eir Sport 2, making it only available to eir broadband customers.

Of course this might be just prudent given many will just watch Chelsea v Liverpool on BBC anyway. But is it an indication that eir Sport 2 might be used as more than just an overspill channel in future?

and eir sport xtra had the reading game.

That one was on Facebook, of all places, in the U.K.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Betting sites no longer have the exclusivity of the extra games so the FA had to show it somewhere. It was also on the BBC iPlayer.

• Advertisement

As live sport is going to be so rare - europa league in the clear on ni box other channels

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

As live sport is going to be so rare - europa league in the clear on ni box other channels

What is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

What is that?

Northern Ireland sky box I guess

just to say that virgin media sport is in the clear on other channels on a NI skybox with a PS sub - currently watching the spurs in BT9

previous post by myself

i have a premier sport subscription on a sky box in NI - i have virgin media sport saved in other channels and the odd time the CL and Europa laegue matches are available to view and not blocked out as BT sport have the UK rights to these tournaments.

so last night i was able to watch the man utd game and wolves game while i was self isolating

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

What was the last live sporting event that was shown on Eir Sport?

The Europa League was the last event shown on Virgin Sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Does anybody know the number for Eir Sport? I subscribe to it for my Sky box, but I want to cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

Does anybody know the number for Eir Sport? I subscribe to it for my Sky box, but I want to cancel

Cancel it as soon as you can.

Its a waste of money until normal service has resumed and we dont even know when any Sport will be back.

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I cancelled my Eir yesterday. I was going to cancel anyway as my 6 months at 14.99 had run out and I wasn't paying 30 quid for it.

They tried to offer me 14.99 for 9 months to stay. No chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

energy1942 wrote: »

Thanks
    awec wrote: »
    I cancelled my Eir yesterday. I was going to cancel anyway as my 6 months at 14.99 had run out and I wasn't paying 30 quid for it.

They tried to offer me 14.99 for 9 months to stay. No chance.

I'm half way through a 9.99 for 6 months offer. Was planning on cancelling anyway. Were you on hold for long yesterday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Stewball

I cancelled my Eir Broadband two weeks ago - I was getting Eir Sport & VM Sport for free through my Sky box, which I presumed would cease with the broadband but I'm still receiving the channels.

Just wondering if I need to call and cancel the channels too or is it an oversight on their part?
    I don't want a bill for the channels arriving next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Stewball wrote: »
    I cancelled my Eir Broadband two weeks ago - I was getting Eir Sport & VM Sport for free through my Sky box, which I presumed would cease with the broadband but I'm still receiving the channels.

Just wondering if I need to call and cancel the channels too or is it an oversight on their part?
    I don't want a bill for the channels arriving next month.
    My sports channels were on for several days after I left Eir so I wouldnt be in a hurry to get rid of them.... not that there's anything worth watching. You wont be charged or at least I wasnt. If they continue to provide you with sports after you have cancelled down the BB then thats their problem.

I have a relation who signed up for the multiroom on another family member's account and still has it after 3 years even though he was never with Eir and the other family member has changed provider twice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

I see Eir are showing some cracking retro games over the next few weeks. I wont lie Im tempted to take a sub for this reason. Its crazy they are charging €20 a month for it though. The activation fee is also ridiculous. I know crazy thoughts going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

I see Eir are showing some cracking retro games over the next few weeks. I wont lie Im tempted to take a sub for this reason. Its crazy they are charging €20 a month for it though. The activation fee is also ridiculous. I know crazy thoughts going on.

If you subscribe to Eir Sports on sky they will provide you with the Eirsport app which means you can get Eir sports 2 & Virgin media sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Yes crazy thoughs when you consider Sky Sports (and BT and Premier ) have paused payments for their channels as there is no live sport just repeats.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Can't believe they are still taking money off people for this. What on earth are they showing ? Belorussian soccer ?

greendom wrote: »
    Can't believe they are still taking money off people for this. What on earth are they showing ? Belorussian soccer ?

Virgin/Eir dont have the rights to the Belarusian Premier League.

I wouldnt be paying money for no Live Sport.

Like all sports channels, they are living on archive content at the moment.

If I was a stand-alone satellite subscriber (as I used to be) I’d have dropped it. But a lot of eir Sport subscribers are getting it included with something else (all eir broadband, eir TV, Vodafone TV, and Virgin Media TV subscriptions include at least eir Sport 1).

The Pro14 is in doubt.

Nobody knows what will happen to the FA Cup.

Wimbledon and the French Open is cancelled.

The Airtricity League is on hold.

So that could mean there wont be anything Live on Eir Sport for months.

The reason why people arent complaining is that they are Eir or Virgin customers.(what ICDG pointed out already)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Acosta

VMS has been off air on Sky since the champions league broadcast started 45 minutes ago. Test card on the screen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement