Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir and Virgin Media Sport - cross supply deal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

kooga wrote: »
    Isn’t espn part of the bt sports pack so it’s extra

Yes it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Virgin Sport still 'in the clear' via other channels for me here in NI. If this continues those with Premier Sport subscriptions in NI will get live CL football. Only problem is that it cannot be recorded from epg but bonus nevertheless. Noticed also that Eir Sports are still giving programme listings for Eir Sports 2 on theoir website despite the fact that the channel no longer exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

VMS available in other channels on NI box with PS sub

That’s old news!
    Eir sport 2 still on the app and on evision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

As @kooga mentioned, eir Sport 2 hasn't closed down. It was just removed from the Sky platform, it's stil on eir's TV service eir Vision

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

I've signed up to Virgin Media for broadband the other day, and it mentioned I get a free Virgin Sport Pass. Logged into the website, and no channels show up? Anyone have an idea how I can watch these channels? I don't have Virgin for TV, just Sky

• Advertisement

Am i correct in saying that full access to all the UCL games tonight is only on the virgin media tv platform.

there is no red button option on the sky box nor are the full suite of xtra channels available on the evision platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The eir sport app has 7 virgin channels on it so looks like all games are covered on it. I presume all are in sd except the main virgin sport channel.

Edit: the Extra 1 channel seems to be in hd too, carrying Liverpool and Napoli.

Virgin sport build up to inter game clearing in other channels on ps sub on sky ni box

Virgin sport build up to inter game clearing in other channels on ps sub on sky ni box

no UCL games available tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

A lot of virgin media games on the eir app are in hd.
    Watching athletico v juve in hd on the extra 2 hd stream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 shmokti

So I've been on virgin media for years, with HD and sky sports channels... does this mean i'll now be able to buy BT sport? as it's only been available through sky and eir the past several years.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

No it doesn’t. BT Sport is now part of the “Sports Extra” pack available on Sky, eir, and Vodafone but not Virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭An Tarbh

RobTheLad wrote: »
    I've signed up to Virgin Media for broadband the other day, and it mentioned I get a free Virgin Sport Pass. Logged into the website, and no channels show up? Anyone have an idea how I can watch these channels? I don't have Virgin for TV, just Sky

probably your best bet is to fire off a pm to one of the reps over on the Virgin Media forum and see if they can sort you out.

• Administrators Posts: 53,385 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Eir sport available for sky customers for 14.99 a month for 6 months with no contract.

But it only works on your main sky q box, they don't let you watch it on any of your mini boxes. If you want this, they want you to pay 32.50 a month for the pleasure.

The sooner eir get out of this business the better. Absolute shower of chancers.

For new customers only and the price goes back up after six months.

Meanwhile, Virgin are now offering a “Virgin Sport TV Anywhere Pass” to new Broadband customers, but unlike at eir, existing customers are left out (wonder if the cancellations department can do anything about that?).

Also probably not related to sport at all, but I’m very intrigued as to why eir has removed all details of its eir Vision service from its website and replaced it with a banner with “Something exciting is coming soon”.

• Administrators Posts: 53,385 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

icdg wrote: »
    For new customers only and the price goes back up after six months.

Meanwhile, Virgin are now offering a “Virgin Sport TV Anywhere Pass” to new Broadband customers, but unlike at eir, existing customers are left out (wonder if the cancellations department can do anything about that?).

Also probably not related to sport at all, but I’m very intrigued as to why eir has removed all details of its eir Vision service from its website and replaced it with a banner with “Something exciting is coming soon”.

It does, but there's no contract, so I'll either be getting that 14.99 extended or quitting.

I expect they'll extend it, they know nobody is going to pay 30 quid a month for eir sport.

In Croatia at the moment I have the virgin media tv app - I am able to watch all the CL games on virgin one and virgin sport but the game on RTÉ 2 is geo blocked

It’s geoblocked on the Sky Go app even in Ireland! You have to watch it on the RTE Player and endure the adverts before you can watch a live stream, my absolute pet hate about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Anybody else notice that the picture quality for virgin sport isnt great on eir vision?

Anybody else notice that the picture quality for virgin sport isnt great on eir vision?

It’s terrible / you need to upgrade to hd

• Advertisement

For everyone who really, really, really wanted to see Ospreys v Treviso live, it’s been added to the eir Sport 1 schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I signed up to Eir Sport last year on a monthly deal, and I've decided to cancel it. What's the easiest way to cancel?

I signed up to Eir Sport last year on a monthly deal, and I've decided to cancel it. What's the easiest way to cancel?

Ring them

Black Friday offer of €119 for the year for eir sport and virgin media sport on sky

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Anyone else just get charged 299€ by Setanta Sports?

I paid for the annual subscription a year ago on black friday so i assume it's some sort of auto-renewal?

I also did this in 2017 but there was no auto-renewal in 2018.

Pretty annoyed as i assume it'll be a nightmare to get refunded. I have no intention of going with them again this year.

EDIT: Also worth highlighting that i didn't receive any notice that this would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Anyone else just get charged 299€ by Setanta Sports?

I paid for the annual subscription a year ago on black friday so i assume it's some sort of auto-renewal?

I also did this in 2017 but there was no auto-renewal in 2018.

Pretty annoyed as i assume it'll be a nightmare to get refunded. I have no intention of going with them again this year.

They did that to me last year, ring them tomorrow and demand your money back! I got mine back within a few days.

irishfeen wrote: »
    They did that to me last year, ring them tomorrow and demand your money back! I got mine back within a few days.

Thanks. I certainly will do!

Had a quick look at the T&Cs and i think they are in breach of the below:

"3(c) eir Sport may change your Subscription Payment at any time by giving you at least one (1) months’ notice. Your rights to cancel the Service if eir Sport increase your Subscription Payment are set out in Condition 9(g) below."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,286 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Thanks. I certainly will do!

Had a quick look at the T&Cs and i think they are in breach of the below:

"3(c) eir Sport may change your Subscription Payment at any time by giving you at least one (1) months’ notice. Your rights to cancel the Service if eir Sport increase your Subscription Payment are set out in Condition 9(g) below."

How so? The likelihood is that when you signed up last year it was for a rolling annual contract with a discount for year 1. If that charge didn't change for year 2 then it's on you to cancel.

In all probability they will cancel for you if you contact them, but to say fault is on their side is a little unfair...

dulpit wrote: »
    How so? The likelihood is that when you signed up last year it was for a rolling annual contract with a discount for year 1. If that charge didn't change for year 2 then it's on you to cancel.

In all probability they will cancel for you if you contact them, but to say fault is on their side is a little unfair...

Well I don’t think it’s fair to increase my price by 33% and not give me any notice that this would happen. Also I thinking it’s misleading to bury the auto-renewal part in the Ts&Cs. It wasn’t mentioned in any communication I ever received.

Anyway I tried to contact them on the number (0818 271 401) they gave me in the Ts&Cs and it doesn’t work. I spoke to them on web chat and they told me that as I’m not an eir customer (I’m with Sky) that they can’t help me. They wouldn’t even provide me with an alternative number to call. They just told me to contact Sky about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I asked do I get access to these channels as a Virgin Broadband customer, since they offer the channels to all new customers now. Was told it would be 5 euro extra per month. Had to say no thanks, find it a little annoying that they are trying to charge 'loyal' customers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement