Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir and Virgin Media Sport - cross supply deal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Anyway I tried to contact them on the number (0818 271 401) they gave me in the Ts&Cs and it doesn’t work. I spoke to them on web chat and they told me that as I’m not an eir customer (I’m with Sky) that they can’t help me. They wouldn’t even provide me with an alternative number to call. They just told me to contact Sky about it.

what have Sky got to do with eirsport charging you an annual payment?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Believe or not eir cannot help you with eir Sport if you are a satellite only customer. (Nor can Sky) You need to ring eir Sport instead. Try this number: 0818 20 30 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Riskymove wrote: »
    what have Sky got to do with eirsport charging you an annual payment?

I know! Crazy suggestion from them.

icdg wrote: »
    Believe or not eir cannot help you with eir Sport if you are a satellite only customer. (Nor can Sky) You need to ring eir Sport instead. Try this number: 0818 20 30 40.

Thanks. I'll try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

dulpit wrote: »
    How so? The likelihood is that when you signed up last year it was for a rolling annual contract with a discount for year 1. If that charge didn't change for year 2 then it's on you to cancel.

In all probability they will cancel for you if you contact them, but to say fault is on their side is a little unfair...

Not really, as I can guarantee that when you sign up for a year but asked to give your one year notice on that day they would say no. That's simply not a fair position for a company to take.

I had an issue with Setanta 4 years ago, but thanks to this thread they backed down and apologised. The apology wasn't necessary, I don't like getting scammed out of money I didn't agree to pay though so was grateful they stopped requesting payment.

It feels similar to the new gift voucher law that is coming in on Monday. It had to be brought in as some big companies were simply acting in bad faith with regards to customers. I mean some vouchers were only considered valid for a number of months.

Eir Sport GAA fixtures for 2020

https://www.the42.ie/league-coverage-eir-sport-4925704-Dec2019/

One of Dublin v Mayo (F) or Cork v Limerick (H) on 2nd February is going to be on eir Sport 2 and there will be a lot of unhappy commercial premises out there whichever one is chosen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Isn't rte taking one of the 7pm games no?

RTE will have four games over the seven weeks. But no guarantee that the RTE game will necessarily be the one on eir Sport 2 (though it would be nice if that was the case).

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Eir Sport GAA fixtures for 2020

https://www.the42.ie/league-coverage-eir-sport-4925704-Dec2019/

One of Dublin v Mayo (F) or Cork v Limerick (H) on 2nd February is going to be on eir Sport 2 and there will be a lot of unhappy commercial premises out there whichever one is chosen.
    They'll never push the only Cork fixture they intend on showing off to Sport2... surely

There are five Saturdays (of the seven) with simultaneous or overlapping throw ins that two channels will need to be used.

Four games will be on RTE.

There is absolutely no guarantee that those four games will (a) be games shown on eir Sport 2 or (b) even be solely picked from the weeks where there are simultaneous throw ins. It would be nice if both were true though, but all we can do is wait for them to announce their fixtures.

FA Cup Third Round weekend coming up, and after last season’s near abandonment of the slot by eir Sport, the 3pm KOs are back, with Brighton v Sheffield Wed on eir Sport 1 and Fulham v Aston Villa on eir Sport 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭howiya

Is eir sport 2 available on virgin media?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

howiya wrote: »

No
    So no Edinburgh v kings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭howiya

kooga wrote: »
    No
    So no Edinburgh v kings

Thanks for quick reply. Figured as much as the virgin website only mentions eir sport 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

howiya wrote: »

It's only available to Eir TV customers on Eir Vision/Eir TV or to their broadband customers on the Eir app

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

RTE have announced their League games that they will be showing:
    Jan 25th:
    Dublin v Kerry - 7.15pm
    Feb 1st:
    Cork v Tipperary - 7pm
    Feb 8th:
    Dublin v Monaghan - 7pm
    Feb 29th:
    Mayo v Kerry - 7:15pm

All these matches are also on Eir, but yet to confirm if EirSport 1 or 2.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2020/0108/1105043-rte-sport-announce-allianz-leagues-live-coverage/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Acosta

Eir show the Wolves v Man Utd match when it's also on the BBC, yet not the replay which is on BT when a lot less people will have it. Annoying

It is but what do you suggest. No one knows what matches will go to replay before they are played. If the same broadcaster automatically got rights to the replay it could lead to a situation where there is an imbalance in televised replays between the two broadcasters which neither of them want.

Anyway, Allianz League Round 1 games: (25/1/20)
    5pm -Tipperary v Limerick - eir 1
    7pm - Donegal v Mayo- eir 1
    7pm - Dublin v Kerry - RTE2/eir 2

For 1/2/20, no eir 2 schedule published, but Mayo Ladies v Dublin Ladies and Mayo v Dublin will be a double header on eir 1 which means Cork v Tipp presumably goes to eir 2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Acosta wrote: »
    Eir show the Wolves v Man Utd match when it's also on the BBC, yet not the replay which is on BT when a lot less people will have it. Annoying

Do Eir ever show games shown on BT Sport?

They don’t (well except for the FA Cup Final itself). That’s the deal. BT have U.K. and Ireland rights for their games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Is this rte deal allowing eir to make all the games available to satellite customers?

With eir2 gone off satellite rte will carry the coverage instead. I still think there are rounds that rte are not showing so presumably some people will not have a full choice of games even if they have the eir subscription through satellite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Acosta

It is but what do you suggest. No one knows what matches will go to replay before they are played. If the same broadcaster automatically got rights to the replay it could lead to a situation where there is an imbalance in televised replays between the two broadcasters which neither of them want.

Thought Eir had FA Cup rights exclusively in Ireland for whatever games they wanted to show. Didn't realise BT had some sort of Irish rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

Not long more to go now before the Six Nations kicks off. The suits in Eir and Virgin Media need to get the finger out and their heads together & sort the NON HD of Virgin Media on the Eir Vision/ Eir TV platform.

They’ll need more than hd on evision for me to tune in !

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

I was in contact with Eir Sports yesterday and was offered the Eir Sports app, I am receiving Eir sports on sky.

I was able to download the app to my phone, but have so far been unable to cast to my LG smart TV, so I will buy Chromecast and see if works, assuming that it is OK, it would be a game changer.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭mike2084

energy1942 wrote: »
    I was in contact with Eir Sports yesterday and was offered the Eir Sports app, I am receiving Eir sports on sky.

I was able to download the app to my phone, but have so far been unable to cast to my LG smart TV, so I will buy Chromecast and see if works, assuming that it is OK, it would be a game changer.

Chromecast works perfect for me for the eir app, grand little investment I found.

mike2084 wrote: »
    Chromecast works perfect for me for the eir app, grand little investment I found.

Bought the app from Argos this evening, working perfectly, its a game changer for me as I told them yesterday that I was seriously thinking of cancelling, but I have agreed to keep it for another 6 months.

• Administrators Posts: 53,384 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

energy1942 wrote: »

Did you threaten to cancel? How come they offered you the app?

I didn’t think it was even technically possible for eir Sport satellite customers to access the app - you need an eir account number which eir Sport satellite customers don’t have because they’re on a completely separate billing system inherited from Setanta. Or has that changed now?

I didn’t think it was even technically possible for eir Sport satellite customers to access the app - you need an eir account number which eir Sport satellite customers don’t have because they’re on a completely separate billing system inherited from Setanta. Or has that changed now?

I was intending to cancel my account when I contacted them last Friday, they offered me a reduction for 6 months,

They then offered me the App which meant I could access Eir sports 2 again and also all of the Virgin media sports channels.

I was advised to download the Eirsport app from the app store, and I had to add my telephone number & my sky card number, I had to buy Chromecast and it has been perfect since last Saturday.

• Advertisement

just to say that virgin media sport is in the clear on other channels on a NI skybox with a PS sub - currently watching the spurs in BT9

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement