Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Alun wrote: »
    It's not in the email itself, you have to click on the order number and bring it up in the Google Store. The IMEI is shown there but it calls it the serial number instead.

That was it. I knew I had seen it somewhere but thought I was going mad when I couldn't find it this morning. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 username3

Hallowed wrote: »
    Jasus, is the phone that nice?

Yes.

Regards,
    Marketing@google.com

• Registered Users Posts: 32 username3

djr wrote: »
    Sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread if you already mentioned, but where did you buy it from?

Google, eve of launch

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭djr

username3 wrote: »
    Google, eve of launch

Gah, me too but no sign of imminent shipping :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

Finally got an update to my tracking

Processed at EINDHOVEN - NETHERLANDS, THE
    Delivery due by end of Friday

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

I also got a text. Delivery tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Charging! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Parcel still stuck in Eindhoven for me, no updates :(

C'mon Google, I need something new. Sick of looking at tinder on my s10

• Registered Users Posts: 21,427 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That's weird. Status just changed on the DHL website to "Shipment picked up" but still in Eindhoven, and then seconds later a text from DHL saying it'll arrive tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

There's a few more Spigen cases on Amazon now. Not in stock for a couple of weeks though

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08D67D5WB/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08D64H3VS/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08D67RY29/

• Advertisement

This hold off they have because of the headphones is a disgrace. Just stop the offer and let people order the phone on its own if they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 diarmconnolly

This hold off they have because of the headphones is a disgrace. Just stop the offer and let people order the phone on its own if they want.

Do we know it's definitely because of the offer? There were reports a couple of weeks ago that they were only producing a limited number of units to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Has anyone seen the sage colour in stock at any stage over the past week? I'd much prefer it over the black but obviously I'm conscious of the deadline for the headphones offer.

Anyone?

I redeemed my headphones when I got word the phone was shipped yesterday, just went on to track my claim and got this message;

"Oops! We don't recognise those details. Make sure they're correct and try again"

Has anyone got similar? Wondering if it just takes a while to update.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,427 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I redeemed my headphones when I got word the phone was shipped yesterday, just went on to track my claim and got this message;

"Oops! We don't recognise those details. Make sure they're correct and try again"

Has anyone got similar? Wondering if it just takes a while to update.
    No, just tracked mine and it says it's all ok and they're. Did you get the text from them to confirm everything was in order?

Alun wrote: »
    Did you get the text from them to confirm everything was in order?

I got a text immediately but it just said "Thank you for submitting your claim, we'll update you within the next 2 days"

Edit: I'm an idiot. I was tracking on the UK site. Checked it on the Irish one and it's all good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

So just ran a geekbench benchmark on it. The one plus 6 beats it by 30% on multi core. pixel 5 scored 1558 v oneplus 6 2212. One plus 7t currently on top with 2679,

On single core tests it scores 587 again the 7t scores top marks with 757 and one plus 6 on 504.

I don't really understand the tests.. But seems very disappointing to lose to a 2 year old one plus. Especially with the 8t coming out now at the same price as pixel 5.

Anyway...I like it so far, it's fast, screen is much nicer than my pixel 2. Wide angle lens seems cool. Still playing!

Black is back up for sale but no green unfortunately. Almost pulled the trigger on it but I’d rather the green back than the headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Black is back up for sale but green unfortunately. Almost pulled the trigger on it but I’d rather the green back than the headphones.

Just ordered black there, it is still available

WezzyB wrote: »
    Just ordered black there, it is still available

Sorry yeah that’s I meant (and badly worded), it’s only the black available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Bought mine on the 4th of October and delivery is still set for 18th November, I'll give it 2 more days otherwise I'm gonna cancel and buy the new OnePlus

• Registered Users Posts: 22 diarmconnolly

Is anyone else still waiting to get their Bose claim verified? Mine still says they will get back to me in 2 working days but that's around an hour away. Seems most people got verified within 15 minutes so I'm worried I've made a mistake somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

So just ran a geekbench benchmark on it. The one plus 6 beats it by 30% on multi core. pixel 5 scored 1558 v oneplus 6 2212. One plus 7t currently on top with 2679,

On single core tests it scores 587 again the 7t scores top marks with 757 and one plus 6 on 504.

I don't really understand the tests.. But seems very disappointing to lose to a 2 year old one plus. Especially with the 8t coming out now at the same price as pixel 5.

Anyway...I like it so far, it's fast, screen is much nicer than my pixel 2. Wide angle lens seems cool. Still playing!

Mine is arriving today I think..

Just ran a geekbench test on my One Plus 7 pro

Single core 740

Multi Core 2714

Will be really interesting to see how the pixel 5 will hold up in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Mine seems to be going back and forth in Eidenhoven

Ordered it on launch night via the google store. DHL tracking had it arrive and depart the sorting facility on Wednesday, then yesterday arrived and processed in the sorting facility and then departed the facility at 2am and no further update since. I guess I won't be getting it until Monday now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Stacksey wrote: »
    Bought mine on the 4th of October and delivery is still set for 18th November, I'll give it 2 more days otherwise I'm gonna cancel and buy the new OnePlus

I'm a long time oneplus user but am still on the 5t. I'd buy the 8t in a heartbeat if the camera was better and it had wireless charging. I've had to replace the charging port on my 5t and it's going again but I've found it impossible to get a replacement. Lots available but none of them actually fit! I could send it back to oneplus and have them replace it but I figure it's time for an upgrade. I'm sure it wouldn't have cost that much to add wireless charging to the 8t but I figure they don't want to cannabilize pro sales.

The 8t has newer better camera hardware but my guess is they'll never develop software to realise the full potential - certainly hasn't been the case to date. Google will probably only update their camera hardware when they have the software to match.

Anyway my Pixel 5 is due to be delivered on 11/11/20 - hopefully there'll be some headphones left. I would have liked a bigger screen but have decided to treat myself to a Samsung galaxy tab s5e as I do most of my media consumption at home. It's an older model but has an oled screen and microSD slot - currently available at a good price with galaxy buds thrown in. Processor and ram aren't great but I'm not a gamer.

I'll also miss face unlock but can always use smart unlock via my watch/home wifi.

Samsung 20FE seems good too but not a fan of what they've done with the selfie camera - I wouldn't be keen on punch holes at the best of times so a central one with a silver ring around it is a deal breaker for me.

digitaldr wrote: »
    I'm a long time oneplus user but am still on the 5t. I'd buy the 8t in a heartbeat if the camera was better and it had wireless charging. I've had to replace the charging port on my 5t and it's going again but I've found it impossible to get a replacement. L

Similar here, I've only had a OnePlus since the very first one.

Also I have had issues with the charge port on them before. I had to replace the port on a OnePlus 3 myself - was easy enough to do when following a tutorial online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I've done charge port replacements on a 3t and 5t - as you say easy enough, screen clips very tight though. Recently I've tried numerous different suppliers for oneplus 5t ports but I always end up having to send them back as the socket is soldered to the bracket the wrong way around so can't be screwed into place.
    I reckon they all come from the same factory in China!

digitaldr wrote: »
    I've done charge port replacements on a 3t and 5t - as you say easy enough, screen clips very tight though. Recently I've tried numerous different suppliers for oneplus 5t ports but I always end up having to send them back as the socket is soldered to the bracket the wrong way around so can't be screwed into place.
    I reckon they all come from the same factory in China!

These issues One Plus phones seem (In my experience, as a long term user) to have are a reason I am looking for wireless charging..

Nedved85 wrote: »
    These issues One Plus phones seem (In my experience, as a long term user) to have are a reason I am looking for wireless charging..

USB-C ports seem much more robust than the old micro USB

• Advertisement

I stopped benching phones about 5 years ago, at the point they all became smooth and snappy for general use.

Advertisement