Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

For now it appears to be random as to when you get flagged. We've moved onto the sister in law's account now so we'll see how long they takes to get flagged.

The most annoying part is not being able to use my own paid account over here yet I've no issues with my other subscription services like Prime Video (cheap student sub), Disney (shared with family back home), Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It is strange that you can't use your own account. I've managed to use my own account in many countries when I travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

I'd no problem using it in other European countries but it won't work for me in South America without a VPN and even then it's been detecting the VPN lately and not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Failed processing once or twice for the 1st one I bought, but when processed fully it came through in 10 minutes or so.

Second and third vouchers processed straight away and came through in 5-10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Just tried a vpn for cyprus. Logged in and it took my revolut card straight away. No number asked for.

Fair play to whoever spotted that.

Good until 2026

Sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Same here. I got my new Revolut Visa card last week and Netflix kept on requesting a Turkish mobile phone number to add the card and then error messages appeared after about 4 or 5 goes at it on a number of different devices

Left it for a couple of days, cleared cache on my google browser, turned Cyprus VPN on, did not need to use incognito and just now I was able to add my new Revolut as preferred payment method without any request for a Turkish mobile number. Touch wood all will be good until April 2027 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

I'm off to Turkey on Wednesday, I'll try and add my revolut card from there to see what happens. I haven't been able to add it any other way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Just wanted to say cheers for the comments on this thread.

My sub ended yesterday, so today rocked onto nordvpn and it didn't like that.

Used HolaVpn from the OP, got to the payment screen, didn't like my Revolut card, so bought a 100lira code, stuck that in, registration completed, and all my old user setups and payment methods restored. So hopefully from next month it'll tip away from Revolut and thats me covered until that card expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

If you use a Cyprus VPN, does it allow you to sign up for a Turkish account using Turkish Lira?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Doubt it. If you're signing up I'd say it'll be on their prices unless you're on a Turkish account already.

• Advertisement

Where could I buy a Lira code as mentioned above?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Post edited by Mr Velo on

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Price increase on the way.

Got an email saying the price will change to 77.99 TL at the end of May

Works out to be almost exactly €5. Still a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

I can’t help feel Netflix have hit their peak and are on a slippery downward slide. I would never pay for it at full Irish prices

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I saw somebody on twitter say that they feel that we're approaching a point where there are so many streaming services that people will start to subscribe to one at a time, maybe for a month at a time, as and when something is on that they want to watch. At full Irish prices, I can't disagree with that...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That's the downside of sharing an account then. Everyone would have to agree on cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,889 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I've been doing this for years. I get HBOMAX & Netflix for around €7.50 per month every month. I then hope in & out of Prime, Now TV, showtime, Paramount Plus, Epix and Apple TV for a month or so each

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

It’s a hefty increase percentage wise. Huge in fact, but as you say still a bargain at under a fiver for the top tier.

still I might drop the 4k service. I don’t like Dolby Vision at all and tbh with my 49” screen 4k over HD isn’t hugely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I managed to get my membership restarted with a Turkish gift card by signing in through a device I hadn't used before, can anyone confirm if the Revolut card that I already had saved to my account will be billed successfully next month? Everytime I tried to sign up via the Turkish website with that card or any other it gave me a payment problem message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 MopedMan

Hi all,

As you can imagine, scrolling through 168 pages to find an answer that I might not get is a bit tedious. So here goes:

Are the OP still valid if I was to change my subscription? I was toying with the Idea of using AliExpress, but if I can get the same results just changing my locale I'd rather do that.

Also, I've seen this workaround for YT Premium and the likes, does anyone know if it's the same deal for Disney+? If so, anyone have a good thread to look at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Don’t go near aliexpress or the likes of it unless you like throwing your money away! Disney plus has no real workaround at the moment, best bet is to share a subscription with 2 or 3 other people. Personally I pay for Disney cause we use it a lot and I let 6 other people use my subscription for free

• Registered Users Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Gusser09

How much are people paying for a vpn? Does it cancel savings made from Netflix?

You only need a vpn to sign up to a foreign Netflix so you can use a free version like Windscribe

But a decent vpn is well worth the money depending on your situation, I pay €50 ish a year for mine and use it to access the likes of the bbc iplayer, the itv hub and DAZN Canada which saves me hundreds of euro every year

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Old_-_School

I set up Turkish Netflix by using an old mobile phone that I factory reset, used 'Private VPN' set to Turkey, created a new Netflix account and used a Turkish Lira Netflix gift card from Turgame.

About to sign-up for my first Revolut card to add as a payment method.

What do I need to do with Revolut - just set my currency to Turkish Lira is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

So after some tinkering around. This is what didnt work for me:

1) Nord

2) Proton

What did work for me (VPN) as others have mentioned, Hola VPN. Let my Irish account expire first. Logged in with Turkish VPN entered turkish gift cards, paid up now for couple years.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The bigger VPN's are easily blocked. Even our beloved eir and virgin can and do block the 'big' ones - i.e. the ones that pump most money into marketing and paid blogs/reviews.

One I have found that works great is premium hotspot shield - YEP.... That one 🤯 - but the premium version.

They are doing on an ongoing promo with/for Ukraine at the minute. Premium for free (indefinitely). As far as I can make out, it works on a month to month basis. As long as the war is going on.

But, you need to be 'in' Ukraine to sign up for it. (Using a Ukraine IP address). Works great.

USE UKRAINE IP ADDRESSS BEFORE CLICKING THIS LINK - https://hotspotshield.aura.com/sign-up?vh=extaba08ff0-9bc2-11ec-9ce1-b9a05d18bd18

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fidoodles

I tried a million times to update the account with my Revolut card. I used VPN's, no VPN, tried different days, tried Incognito tabs etc etc.

No joy, but I did manage to buy Turgame vouchers, so thanks to the OP for that. Bought the Turgame vouchers with Revolut. Paid until May 2023 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭G1032

Bought 3 Turgame cards for a mate. Added two to Netflix but the 3rd is flagging up as invalid? This happen to anyone else here?

Advertisement