Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Network Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

One thing I like is....

With all the PPVs and such being made available, would people be up for a "Book club" style thing on here? Where we pick a PPV or such once a week and discuss it?

So we can say "This week, let's watch ECW December to Dismember, and on Friday, we'll start a topic and talk about how bad/good it was?" :) Since such PPVs will be far easier to get now?

Yea brilliant idea, I'll be well up for this :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Good Will Wrestling with Charles and Bix discusses all angles of the big WWE Network announcement: http://placetobenation.com/good-will-wrestling-wwe-network-reaction/

Recommended listening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

One thing I like is....

With all the PPVs and such being made available, would people be up for a "Book club" style thing on here? Where we pick a PPV or such once a week and discuss it?

So we can say "This week, let's watch ECW December to Dismember, and on Friday, we'll start a topic and talk about how bad/good it was?" :) Since such PPVs will be far easier to get now?

Majority of old PPV's are on Youtube now anyway,so no reason to wait for the network to launch to start this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Majority of old PPV's are on Youtube now anyway,so no reason to wait for the network to launch to start this.

Definitely! And Ireland won't be getting the WWE Network until probably 2015 (if we're lumped in with the UK, hopefully!) Strike while the iron is hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

PPV review club is a great idea.

Inski!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Barret should pop up in a cut in on Sky Sports when Cole and Co start plugging WWE network to the moon

IPu9lxT.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

if you just look at the top inch or inch and a half of that gif to where you can see the hammer, it makes it a heck of a lot different :eek:

what has been seen can never be unseen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

So provided they can take our payment, whats the best VPN to use for online streaming?

unblock-us.com say they wont support the WWEN and will investigate it after launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

So provided they can take our payment, whats the best VPN to use for online streaming?

unblock-us.com say they wont support the WWEN and will investigate it after launch.

Tunnelbear is 5 a month or 50 a year

• Advertisement

Tunnelbear is 5 a month or 50 a year

Tested it and my speed drops dramatically.

Would it be enough to stream an HD stream?

Before tunnel bear:
    3227209067.png

After tunnel bear:
    3227206636.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ive used it for the iplayer in the past without issue. We wont really know until the network launches

I'll give it a try with USA Netflix now

This is the biggest if. Hopefully not but you'll likely need an American Credit Card.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jaykhunter wrote: »
    This is the biggest if. Hopefully not but you'll likely need an American Credit Card.

Did they not state if they accept paypal? AFAIK paypal will mask what type of payment will be taken.

Just tried to sign up to Hulu +. They blocked my paypal account because it was non-US....

Was able to sign up using my Credit Card and a Boston Zip code. Thats only a week trial though.

Stream was excellent using Tunnelbear.

Surely Vince and Co will have the sense to allow non-US paypal accounts, secretly knowing we'll all sign up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Decobuzz

Just tried to sign up to Hulu +. They blocked my paypal account because it was non-US....

Was able to sign up using my Credit Card and a Boston Zip code. Thats only a week trial though.

Stream was excellent using Tunnelbear.

Surely Vince and Co will have the sense to allow non-US paypal accounts, secretly knowing we'll all sign up!

So Tunnelbear seems to best way to access the WWE Network from here?
    Hola is also meant to be quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Decobuzz wrote: »
    So Tunnelbear seems to best way to access the WWE Network from here?
    Hola is also meant to be quite good.

I can vouch for Hola, I use it all the time. Just a chrome extension that you click when you want to access a website from a different country. Very easy to use and free!
    You can access it here Hola.org

I can also recommend Playmo.Tv this is what I use to access the American Netflix on my PS3. It also works with loads of other devices by changing your DNS address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm pretty happy with unblock-us so I'll give them a few weeks to work on this. If they haven't got anything sorted by a week before Mania then I'll need to look elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,887 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

is anyone going to buy it. Im a big wwe fan so if its available in Ireland ill buy it

PTH2009 wrote: »
    is anyone going to buy it. Im a big wwe fan so if its available in Ireland ill buy it

I'm going to buy it as soon as I can, either by VPN or official Irish release date.

• Advertisement

Playmo.tv works the same as UNblock-Us. They need to enable their service for WWE. Should they do this, its likely the best option.

Otherwise, tunnelbear seems the way to go. But isnt available for PS3

Meltzer on what content you can expect.
    There is going to be not all that much content of dead 80s promotions.

There will be 5-10 hours a week of material put up and taken off that doesn't fit into the paramters of every DVD release and all the PPVs.

There will be some 80s, but the concentration will be 90s and 00s, WWF, WCW and ECW.

WWE:
    2ry2bzc.jpg

I don't think it has been said in the thread but 1.5% of WWE's entire HUGE library will be available at launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's access to the WWE archives and vault of that really interests me at the moment more so than the PPV's I want to look back at some of the history of wrestling that they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

It's access to the WWE archives and vault of that really interests me at the moment more so than the PPV's I want to look back at some of the history of wrestling that they have.

Its a combination of both for me. The lure of watching what ever PPV I like in the WWE vaults is very appealing along with the PPVs all included.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its a combination of both for me. The lure of watching what ever PPV I like in the WWE vaults is very appealing along with the PPVs all included.

I really got into watching some old PPVs lately. All on YouTube though and pixelated as hell. If I get this it's going to be some shock finding out what Steve Blackman's face looks like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Im sure your imagining him with a Brock Lesnar face :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

How much of a financial risk is the network and what will happen if they don't reach the number of subscribers they need to at least break even?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

It's a calculated risk.As an example WWE made $83.6 million in PPV revenue in 2012 (I'd say that figure for 2013 would be significantly lower). If the company gets 1 million subscribers in year one, it would take in $119.9 million.If you assume 30% of that money would go to the services distributing and delivering the network, then the WWE would still be taking in $83.9 million.WWE's research reckon they could attract 2-3 million in the US alone.

If they don't do well the stock will go down and shareholders will be pissed,but WWE has lots of different revenue streams so they won't be going to the wall if its a flop either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Have they said whats going to happen with us over here ??

Charisteas wrote: »
    How much of a financial risk is the network and what will happen if they don't reach the number of subscribers they need to at least break even?

It they get what they are expecting from TV rights fees they should ok if it bombs. Risk to me is possibly damaging the customer perception value wise of the Wrestlemania PPV as well as damaging relationships with PPV carriers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

I cant see it bombing at all, even my friends who would only watch wrestlemania if there was a big match are on about getting it

List of all the PPVs on the network - http://www.wwe.com/inside/every-pay-per-view-on-wwe-network-26179147

Shocked to see Over The Edge 99 on the list!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Are they going to add all the old Raw's, Smackdown's, Nitro's, and Thunder's to the network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

That PPV list is class. Serious hours will be spent.

The potential of the network if it takes off is mouthwatering. The historical stuff, old docs, Raw, Smackdown and original stuff akin to that on WWE.com at present.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Are they going to add all the old Raw's, Smackdown's, Nitro's, and Thunder's to the network?

I doubt it very much. I reckon they Raw's and Smackdown's will only date back to the start of 2014 and work their way forward from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ShagNastii wrote: »
    That PPV list is class. Serious hours will be spent.

The potential of the network if it takes off is mouthwatering. The historical stuff, old docs, Raw, Smackdown and original stuff akin to that on WWE.com at present.

Indeed, I sold a pile of dvds and being able to watch most of the ppvs I had on demand in better quality is too good to pass up. It's a great value for money service

krudler wrote: »
    Indeed, I sold a pile of dvds and being able to watch most of the ppvs I had on demand in better quality is too good to pass up. It's a great value for money service

Shame it won't be available here from launch :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Loughc wrote: »
    I doubt it very much. I reckon they Raw's and Smackdown's will only date back to the start of 2014 and work their way forward from there.

What makes you say that?

x43r0 wrote: »
    What makes you say that?

There's been no mention of them being available in any previous press releases and I think the show, "The Monday Night War" will cover alot of items from Raw and Nitro from 1995 on.

• Advertisement

Will DNS work arounds allowed to be discussed when the network launches?

Stephanie McMahon was interviewed by CBS Pittsburgh and talked about the challenges when the WWE Network launches, including editing video from WWE Over the Edge 1999, where Owen Hart tragically died. She also mentioned Chris Benoit, who killed himself, his wife and his son in 2007. Since then, WWE has gone to extreme measures to not bring his name up in any promo.

“They are incredible challenging decisions to make,” McMahon said. “At the end of the day, we try to do what’s right for our fans and we try to give them exactly what they want to see.”

WWE sent an official release below regarding the Over The Edge Pay-Per View:

“WWE Network will be airing the 1999 Over The Edge pay-per-view. However, portions of the event will be edited out of respect for Owen Hart.

So there you go.

What did she say about Benoit? Shocked that OTE will be on the network.
    Will DNS work arounds allowed to be discussed when the network launches?

No, it's not allowed in the Netflix thread so not here either. You'll also need an American credit card as well (like trying to access netflix before it came to Ireland)

Jay Steph's interview is here in video form:

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9818344

She's very unconformable/stiff/awkward compared her holding court **** eating grin stuff on Raw.

Has it been officially written anywhere that you need a USA credit card? Or are we just assuming?

Has it been officially written anywhere that you need a USA credit card? Or are we just assuming?

Yea I thought they were accepting paypal as payment too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Paypal is region-locked though. I can't use my Paypal account to fund my UK PSN account for example.

Some sort of US-issued prepaid Visa or MasterCard will be the best bet - if you can find one who will take people bases in Europe.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Paypal is region-locked though. I can't use my Paypal account to fund my UK PSN account for example.

Some sort of US-issued prepaid Visa or MasterCard will be the best bet - if you can find one who will take people bases in Europe.
    Or better again a friend in the states that can get one

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Would something like this work?

Us-Unlocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I thought that credit card transactions under $10 didn't get address checked? At 9.99 per month I would have thought the network charge would go through ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I thought that credit card transactions under $10 didn't get address checked? At 9.99 per month I would have thought the network charge would go through ok.

You have to pay for the first six months up front.

• Advertisement
Advertisement