Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA Election - Who would you vote for? POLL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

But will the average American be better off without him? A large amount of average people benefit from the America first approach he had, something that is forgotten about over here.

Do they though. Corn and soya growers needed a huge bailout to cover up the cracks of the trade war with China .
    Harley Davidson has had to cut back production because they rely on trade with Europe.

I doubt the GOP grassroots would vote for him which would probably mean he’d go independent. That would take from the Republican vote which would help the Democratics.

We’re so much better that Trump is gone in terms of trade and stability.

It only helps the Democrats if the Republicans go against him, have we seen that happening...............

I'm not sure I agree with the other point, I know personally I don't. But, I'm not sure returning to the status quo pre Trump really benefits any normal person. The super wealthy get wealthier, and the pool of of people struggling to make ends meet grows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭jaymla627

It only helps the Democrats if the Republicans go against him, have we seen that happening...............

I'm not sure I agree with the other point, I know personally I don't. But, I'm not sure returning to the status quo pre Trump really benefits any normal person. The super wealthy get wealthier, and the pool of of people struggling to make ends meet grows.

Once the BLM leaders and Antifa realise the status quo will be carried on in a Biden administration, civil unrest will ramp up, the mask will drop then when camilla starts jailing half the black population for protesting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

Do they though. Corn and soya growers needed a huge bailout to cover up the cracks of the trade war with China .
    Harley Davidson has had to cut back production because they rely on trade with Europe.

Look at Australian Chinese relationships. China have stopped buying multiple commodities from Australia over the last year or two. They don't have anyone like trump to blame this on, maybe it's really the Chinese that are the issue except our media decided from day one to only present a very biased view of trump.

Look at Australian Chinese relationships. China have stopped buying multiple commodities from Australia over the last year or two. They don't have anyone like trump to blame this on, maybe it's really the Chinese that are the issue except our media decided from day one to only present a very biased view of trump.

Operation warp speed was brought in by Trump to fast track the covid vaccine development which pzfier where involved in , at the time Democrats lost their sh**t saying the process cant be rushed and it's far to dangerous and alot of democratic governors said they wouldn't permit the vaccine to be used in their states , the same pricks are now lauding the pzfier announcement and using it as massive biden propaganda, the media is screwed to put it mildly and 99% of the population are swallowing it hook line and centre....
    I'm not a trump supporter but the attack on free speech/ the extreme levels of censorship in modern day media and the narrative been controlled by the likes of Twitter and youtube is extremely worrying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭minerleague

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Once the BLM leaders and Antifa realise the status quo will be carried on in a Biden administration, civil unrest will ramp up, the mask will drop then when camilla starts jailing half the black population for protesting

Wonder will Biden take down the wall with Mexico? ( aw shure tis up now we leave it alone :P )

Wonder will Biden take down the wall with Mexico? ( aw shure tis up now we leave it alone :P )

Twitter removed a news story in the run up to the election where local law enforcement on the border where praising a newly built section of it that had helped lower drug smuggling rates and human trafficking, sure it couldn't become common knowledge that Trumps wall actually worked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Operation warp speed was brought in by Trump to fast track the covid vaccine development which pzfier where involved in , at the time Democrats lost their sh**t saying the process cant be rushed and it's far to dangerous and alot of democratic governors said they wouldn't permit the vaccine to be used in their states , the same pricks are now lauding the pzfier announcement and using it as massive biden propaganda, the media is screwed to put it mildly and 99% of the population are swallowing it hook line and centre....
    I'm not a trump supporter but the attack on free speech/ the extreme levels of censorship in modern day media and the narrative been controlled by the likes of Twitter and youtube is extremely worrying

Where can you go now for unbiased reporting / news?

Where can you go now for unbiased reporting / news?

It's worth knowing that the vast majority of international news comes from about 3 or 4 companies. You see a reporter on the news or read an article in the paper and very often much of their report is just a rehash of whatever information a separate company has collected and sent out.
    Investigative journalism and critical thinking aren't really important anymore to media companies. Instead focus on clickbait/sensationalism and churn stories out. Who cares if they are an accurate representation of what is going on if they make money...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

It's been widely reported first hand from the CEO of Pfizer that the development of this vaccine had absolutely no support from operation warp speed. Maybe you might want to check where you get your information!

• Advertisement

It's been widely reported first hand from the CEO of Pfizer that the development of this vaccine had absolutely no support from operation warp speed. Maybe you might want to check where you get your information!

They have a 1.95 billion dollar cheque to pick up from the program once they deliver 100 million doses of the vaccine they didn't get funding from operation warpspeed but have a guaranteed purchase order from the program, but I'd fully expect to see alot of twitter headlines how super joe secured 100 million doses of the vaccine in the coming months haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

ganmo wrote: »
    if he does start up his own tv station all the rest will stop talking about him! I couldn't think of anything better

I read a great suggestion the other day that they basically let Trump stay in the Whitehouse, let him pretend hes still the president and do a real life The Truman show on him lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Timmaay wrote: »
    I read a great suggestion the other day that they basically let Trump stay in the Whitehouse, let him pretend hes still the president and do a real life The Truman show on him lol.

They did that with the king of spain

Twitter removed a news story in the run up to the election where local law enforcement on the border where praising a newly built section of it that had helped lower drug smuggling rates and human trafficking, sure it couldn't become common knowledge that Trumps wall actually worked

Why does this matter to you in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Biden for sure. He is a candidate who is very good for the interim I think.

Dems know his term is an interregnum until Kamela or someone else is put forward.

ABTRUMP now, but he is gone in most right thinking people's minds now and is just posturing. I doubt the Reps want anything to do with him or his toxic family again. Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Why are you posting here so :D

Why are you posting here so :D

Cause I can't stand Donald as a person.
    I couldn't care if america is better or worse off because of him.

Cause I can't stand Donald as a person.
    I couldn't care if america is better or worse off because of him.

Poor oul Donny, he's the biggliest, bestest victim in all this you know, everybody's saying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

im no Trump supporter but we have only got one side of the story from the media with Trump... have relations in America that would vote for no one only Trump... He actually did something as president you know... most politicans do nothing once they get into power... they just want to b in power and then please everyone for a few years so they'll get re elected... and when elected continue on doing nothing.. Trump was a break from that... he was refreshing... 70million americans voted for him this time around.. so i doubt if he was useless as a president.. the announcement by Pfizer after the election was no doubt planned in the hope that Biden would have won... and let him take the credit...

Trump was doomed from day 1 thanks to the media's perception of him.. but he is making a show of himself now by his actions now he has been beaten...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement

Could have been plenty of others cashing in on the rise to cause it to fall back

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

im no Trump supporter but we have only got one side of the story from the media with Trump... have relations in America that would vote for no one only Trump... He actually did something as president you know... most politicans do nothing once they get into power... they just want to b in power and then please everyone for a few years so they'll get re elected... and when elected continue on doing nothing.. Trump was a break from that... he was refreshing... 70million americans voted for him this time around.. so i doubt if he was useless as a president.. the announcement by Pfizer after the election was no doubt planned in the hope that Biden would have won... and let him take the credit...

Trump was doomed from day 1 thanks to the media's perception of him.. but he is making a show of himself now by his actions now he has been beaten...

Trump came out swinging against the media from day one. He drove a massive wedge between the administration and 99.9% of the media. So after that there is no way he was going to get a fair crack of the whip.

Add to that his roots and allegiance to extremist groups like KKK and proud boys.

For a guy that boasts about being a super business man he has no idea how to work a situation. His only play is brute force. Sack anyone who doesn’t agree with him. He couldn’t sack the media so rather than working along with them like previous presidents he just beat down on them every chance.

They have a 1.95 billion dollar cheque to pick up from the program once they deliver 100 million doses of the vaccine they didn't get funding from operation warpspeed but have a guaranteed purchase order from the program

Yes, and they have the option to buy 500m more. But that's a whole lot different from what you posted below. Thanks for correcting yourself.
    Operation warp speed was brought in by Trump to fast track the covid vaccine development which pzfier where involved in
    but I'd fully expect to see alot of twitter headlines how super joe secured 100 million doses of the vaccine in the coming months haha

Maybe you're only joking here I don't know, but I don't believe you'll ever find such a headline. If you do, be sure to post it.

I was told in about mid September that the Pfizer vaccine was looking very promising. And that was about 3rd hand information. So I'd say the announcement wasn't a surprise to many people.

Yes, and they have the option to buy 500m more. But that's a whole lot different from what you posted below. Thanks for correcting yourself.

Maybe you're only joking here I don't know, but I don't believe you'll ever find such a headline. If you do, be sure to post it.

They are involved in the program, as they where given the above contract from the Trump administration through operation warpspeed, its splitting hairs to argue that because they received no funding directly they then had "no involvement" you can be full sure having a 2 billion dollar payday for developing a covid 19 vaccine ment internal funding from pzfier our other outside sources was easily secured on the back of the above

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

They are involved in the program, as they where given the above contract from the Trump administration through operation warpspeed, its splitting hairs to argue that because they received no funding directly they then had "no involvement" you can be full sure having a 2 billion dollar payday for developing a covid 19 vaccine ment internal funding from pzfier our other outside sources was easily secured on the back of the above

Saying they were part of a program because they have eager costumers during a pandemic is a bit of a leap isn’t it?

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-ap-fact-check-donald-trump-business-virus-outbreak-108077c4b716db604ee49b42c6d64af0?utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter

That's a fact check article. I had (and still dont) no idea about warpseed but I'd say nearly every vaccine for c19 has supply contracts signed with the major governments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyKq

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-ap-fact-check-donald-trump-business-virus-outbreak-108077c4b716db604ee49b42c6d64af0?utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter

That's a fact check article. I had (and still dont) no idea about warpseed but I'd say nearly every vaccine for c19 has supply contracts signed with the major governments.

Read the Irish independent Article on Covid Vaccine.
    Cost will be €16 per vaccine (€32 for your 2 jabs).
    25m vials by year end (treat 12m people or so)
    The scale will be low for 2021 and will not be likely to treat the world's poorest countries.
    Pfizer Vaccine for Developed countries and Ivomec for the rest I'm afraid

Looks like the Medina vaccine is streets ahead of the pzfier one, guess what program funded it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Looks like the Medina vaccine is streets ahead of the pzfier one, guess what program funded it...

Let’s hope so.

They are in a serious need for it the way things have been let go.

Advertisement