Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fertilizer prices

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I just got a quote from Kerry for 27:2.5:5 of €298 for a minimum 16T load and €300 for 23:2.5:5 +S (richland). Quotes till 1st February and you can order more and it can be delivered later. Pay end of January

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Insp. Harry Callahan

Got a load delivered yesterday here in Donegal
    8.11.20.3 was 335
    Urea was 275
    18.6.12 was 305
    All bulk bags,
    Paid today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

Do ye think that fert will rise enough to be paying for it now and maybe not using it for 2-3 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Do ye think that fert will rise enough to be paying for it now and maybe not using it for 2-3 months?

Been a long time since it was this price, so I,m not waiting to see what it does. Have enough bought now to do me till may/june have heard enough rep,s saying its going up any where from 20-50€ a tonne.(hope there wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

farmerjj wrote: »
    Been a long time since it was this price, so I,m not waiting to see what it does. Have enough bought now to do me till may/june have heard enough rep,s saying its going up any where from 20-50€ a tonne.(hope there wrong)

I'm expecting it to go up aprox €30 till April and level or drop then. I'll be buying in Jan/Feb. Have some 18/6/12 left from last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Corkfarmer

I'm expecting it to go up aprox €30 till April and level or drop then. I'll be buying in Jan/Feb. Have some 18/6/12 left from last year
    €30 per tonne is €720 per load. Seems a good saving to me anyway. But I doubt it will go up til the rush comes on in February anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

Grueller wrote: »
    €335 for 10-10-20
    €205 for CAN

Pay before Christmas. Any better in the South East?

200 for can, paid for and delivered today, with 7 euro rebate a tonne works out 193,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

farmerjj wrote: »

Reps always say that though this time every year to get rid of last years stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Just bought 6 ton of urea @€;290.its gone up now to €330.got the price i was quoted on christmas eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭alps

boggerman1 wrote: »
    Just bought 6 ton of urea @€;290.its gone up now to €330.got the price i was quoted on christmas eve.

The gouging has commenced..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

alps wrote: »
    The gouging has commenced..

Have I got news for you.

http://youtu.be/Q7oJSoBE71A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

For quoted 300, 310 and 380 for Richland today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

Bought 10-10-20 for €335
    C.A.N for €200
    M.O.P for €340
    Those prices were pay before end of month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭blackdog1

Bought Can for 200 sulphur you can add 10 euro
    Urea for 285

They are cash prices. Gonna put my summer fertilizer on account now and lock in the price 15-17 euro a tonne more than cash price but I recon they'll go up at least 20 euro a tonne.

345 for 10-10-20 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Ended up getting some 18 6 12 for €285 a tonne paid in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭degetme

Ended up getting some 18 6 12 for €285 a tonne paid in advance.

Good price. From who or what part of the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

degetme wrote: »
    Good price. From who or what part of the country?

Dairygold, cash price has to be paid today, as offer ends today.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭degetme

They quoted me 300 and I'd have paid two weeks ago. Didn't bother with them in the end

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

degetme wrote: »
    They quoted me 300 and I'd have paid two weeks ago. Didn't bother with them in the end

Probably getting a bit desperate to get stock shifted and help make the books more respectable at year end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭kerry cow

Just a side question .In new zealand do they use similar type fertiliser product to ourselves .does it come from the same source and what does it cost compared to what we pay .like simply can and urea . It's their main input costs . If it is vastly cheaper which i persume it must be , can any one tell me why .I am just wondering
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭jaymla627

kerry cow wrote: »
    Just a side question .In new zealand do they use similar type fertiliser product to ourselves .does it come from the same source and what does it cost compared to what we pay .like simply can and urea . It's their main input costs . If it is vastly cheaper which i persume it must be , can any one tell me why .I am just wondering
    Thanks

Would be all urea spread out their and in australia, no componds are spread at all, pricewise would be the same our dearer as all urea is shipped in, they have no sources of it on their own landbases

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Would be all urea spread out their and in australia, no componds are spread at all, pricewise would be the same our dearer as all urea is shipped in, they have no sources of it on their own landbases

How do they keep p and k up then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Slurry/dung would be their only option, some soils out their would be naturally high in p/k anyway so its a non-issue but other soils would grow next to noting 4-5 ton/dm ha depending on the season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

jaymla627 wrote: »

I thought I read somewhere a nz farm spreads a bag of DAP at beginning and end of season?, maybe it was in Europe. Would they not get AN down there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

They would use straights rather than compounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,073 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

285 urea ,305 18 6 12 + 5% s on credit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

mahoney_j wrote: »
    285 urea ,305 18 6 12 + 5% s on credit

Any price on CAN

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Anyone on here recall what they paid march - april 2016 for 24-2.5-10? 50kg bags. 10t was delivered. 410 a tonne does this sound about right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

March 16 on credit with Kerry I paid CAN 300, 18/6/12 410

All the talk lads have of prices being down this year I don't think there will be much of a difference come March again.

Advertisement