Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fertilizer prices

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

I pass a yard down the Marina in cork quite a lot. I remember seeing it full up of fertilizer towards the end of last season. There must be a lot of that stuff still hanging around and someone must have got burnt by importing too much of it last year.With the price of oil the way it is, you'd imagine there is only one way the price of fertilizer can go. Id say only buy just what's needed for now.

ICSA seem to think something is not quite right? You'd have to say on closer inspection of the industry. They may have a point.

http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/the-commission-needs-to-examine-the-fertiliser-industry-icsa/

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭farisfat

What do ye think fertilizer prices are going to do.
    Looks like good value at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

farisfat wrote: »
    What do ye think fertilizer prices are going to do.
    Looks like good value at the moment.

According to the rag it's due to rise next year but they always say that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

i bought it a few weeks ago. Bought a lorry load with 3/4 of the lorry Urea and 1/4 Sulfa Can. I think the Urea was €295, cant remember the Sulfa Can. I always buy fert at this type of the year for tax but never bought a lorry load before. Going to try out using more Urea next year and throughout the summer where possible e.g. if there is rain expected I will try and spead it just before even if ground is dry. Will have the sulfa Can then for backup for prolonged dry periods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭alps

Bit of holding out on prices going on...would be Interesting if anyone secures a deal this week...if you have the cash, you could do worse with it I reckon...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Seems like Urea producers are putting a halt on production and there's going to be a shortage next year and a definite price increase. Great value at the moment, lowest prices in ten years or so apparently. If you have the cash I would definitely buy enough for your early spring application

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

What about 18 6 12?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

CAN is 200 € at the moment, 27-2.5-5 is €300, talks of it going up between 20 and 40 euro next jan(but its only talk)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

farmerjj wrote: »
    CAN is 200 € at the moment, 27-2.5-5 is €300, talks of it going up between 20 and 40 euro next jan(but its only talk)

Is that Jan 2017 or 18

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Is that Jan 2017 or 18

This year. I got similar prices yesterday.

Is that Jan 2017 or 18

?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

farmerjj wrote: »
    ?

You said prices were going to rise 20 to 40 Euro

You said prices were going to rise 20 to 40 Euro

Ya Jan 17, Jan 18 is a little far to predict anything.

Weekly Fertilizer Review
    Farmers love fertilizer when it's cheap.
    Published on: Dec 5, 2016

Email Story
    RSS
    Print
    Lower prices convinced farmers around the world to beef up fertilizer purchases in 2016, helping slash North American inventories of phosphates and potash. But amid volatility in nitrogen markets there’s no indication global nutrient prices are set to move significantly higher into 2017, unless crop markets lead the way.

Ammonia prices were the weakest part of the N-P-K triad during the fall, but appear to be trying to find some traction as the onset of winter ends the fall application season. December contracts at the Gulf settled unchanged for the third straight month at $190.50, while our average retail price dropped more than $4 to under $420. That moved dealer bids closer to our fair value projection of $400, though the range of offers is typically wide. Recent updates on the southern Plains are running $340 to $380 but charges in the central and eastern Corn Belt are $100 or more higher than that range. International prices tried to firm on the heels of the urea rally, which appears to be faltering. More supplies are coming on in the U.S., which could limit gains into 2017.

Urea prices broke on international markets last week, with prices at the Gulf down almost $15. River terminals eased a couple dollars, but our average retail prices edged higher as dealers started to reprice offer sheets based on their higher wholesale costs. The question for growers now is whether those retail lists will keep rising or whether international markets will pull back more. Our average retail price is just $314.25, around $50 below the average retail cost projected from the wholesale trade. Swaps still point to higher prices this winter, with March contracts another $15 higher than the December price at the Gulf. That could take average retail prices above $375 if the gains hold. Growers who can find product priced at levels from before the run up should lock it in, because the market’s outlook remains hard to predict. Direction depends on India and China. Cancellation of India’s tender shocked the market lower, but China was a slow seller this fall as manufacturers cut production and exports in part due to rising price of coal, the primary feedstock for Chinese plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Corkfarmer

Anybody going buying a bit, talks of a rise next year but you wouldn't know. Got prices of €290 for Urea and €200 for CAN. Seems good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭blackdog1

Corkfarmer wrote:
    Anybody going buying a bit, talks of a rise next year but you wouldn't know. Got prices of €290 for Urea and €200 for CAN. Seems good value.

Dairygold quoting 200 can 285 urea. Talks of it going up 40 euro a tonne next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

blackdog1 wrote: »
    Dairygold quoting 200 can 285 urea. Talks of it going up 40 euro a tonne next year

For what reason? You would imagine that with the pound tumbling, Britain will import less, which would mean more unsold product in the market?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

blackdog1 wrote: »

Got the same quote from dairygold as well. Also quoted me €295 for 18 6 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭alps

For what reason? You would imagine that with the pound tumbling, Britain will import less, which would mean more unsold product in the market?

For no other reason than they can....and on the flip side you have to ask..why can't farmers buy it now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

China are pulling back production of Urea due to an increase in the price of coal which it uses in its Urea factories. Why can't farmers buy now... Cash flow. I ordered last week but payment due now, where as in Dairygold for example fertilizer bought in spring can be paid for over summer months interest free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭blackdog1

Wildsurfer wrote:
    China are pulling back production of Urea due to an increase in the price of coal which it uses in its Urea factories. Why can't farmers buy now... Cash flow. I ordered last week but payment due now, where as in Dairygold for example fertilizer bought in spring can be paid for over summer months interest free

It can be bought on account but it will be 20 euro more a tonne compared to cash price, still cheaper than waiting though.

There was a lot of unsold fertiliser left hanging around yards last year that wasn't sold. Might be a good idea to check the bags for date of manufacture. My Guess is some of it could be of a 2015 vintage or older.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

alps wrote: »
    For no other reason than they can....and on the flip side you have to ask..why can't farmers buy it now?

Gouging. Milk replacer up €100/ton made with milk costing 22c a litre. Thieving bastards in suits increasing prices on the back of a rise in milk price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Got the same quote from dairygold as well. Also quoted me €295 for 18 6 12.

Jezz just got quoted 330/ton for 10ton of 18 6 12 (with a small bit of sulphur). I may keep on pricing around!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Timmaay wrote: »
    Jezz just got quoted 330/ton for 10ton of 18 6 12 (with a small bit of sulphur). I may keep on pricing around!

My local coop quoting 360 for urea for janurary ,another coop and another supplier in same locality quoting 285/290..........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Timmaay wrote: »

I only buy 2 tonne in small bags , so wasn't a bulk price either

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Durrus Boy

Just wondering if anyone has any further updates here?
    Was just quoted 285/t for Urea, big bags, collected, payment by Xmas for 6t. Quote was from Kerry Agri. in Munster.
    Better prices out there???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Grueller

€335 for 10-10-20
    €205 for CAN

Pay before Christmas. Any better in the South East?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Corkfarmer

CAN €200 Urea €278 10-10-20 €345. Full load pay before christmas and delivery in January. Seems to be good value so will probably order tomorrow

Advertisement