Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Been thinking about this the last couple of days, and this is going back years but I feel it needs to be written.

Dear A and S,

When you make serious death threats against fellow 10 year olds, your parents should have realised that you weren't right in the head. Ye became friends with me, built up my trust and then made my 12 year old life actual hell.

You cut my hair, sliced scissors across the back of my neck, put glue in my yoghurt (and nearly poisoned me), locked me in cupboards and bathrooms in the dark when I was terrified of the dark, manipulated the boys in our class to punch me when the teacher wasn't looking, ripped out pages from my copybooks, wrote me letters detailing how you would like to kill me and left them in my schoolbag for my poor mum to find, turned the one friend I had against me so I was totally alone and isolated for the last year of primary school and the one thing that you couldn't control-my grades and the fact that I was academically more talented than anyone else in the class- you tried to convince the teacher that I was stealing your work and passing it off as my own.

You humiliated me for the last three years of primary school and fcuked up the way that I see people now. I don't trust people not to turn against me and because of the way you treated me, I somehow gravitate towards manipulative people. It's because of ye that I ended up being manipulated and bullied for another 5 years in secondary school. It's because of ye that I either trust people too easily or don't trust them at all. It's because of ye that I struggle with my mental health and it's because of ye that I'm a control freak.

If I were a bitter person, I would wish the kind of things you did on me onto your own children, but I'm not. In fact, if I knew a child was being put through the things you put me through, I wouldn't be able to handle it. No child should be in fear of their life from other ten year olds. I hope we meet again someday and you remember the things you did to me and feel some remorse, because on the last day of school, you both spat in my face and told me you both hoped I was ran over during the summer holidays, because nobody would ever want to be friends with me in secondary school, or ever for that matter.

I still can't erase that thought from my head. You fcuking bitches.

R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

To all the people who have ever been humilated by some wanker or bitch and to all the people who ever let the evil words or actions of another break their confidence,

See the quote in my sig. ;)

Kind Regards,

LZ. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ohnelly

Dear Boy

Maybe I'm being paranoid but I get a weird vibe off you!

Could we love each other if we were both single?

I should stop thinking about you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dear X,

It's killing me knowing your right there and I can't talk to you. So many regrets if only you knew how I really feel, but it's too late now and there is nothing I can do about it. Your moving on planning with her and it's killing me knowing it's not happening with me. I wanted all you wanted I just didn't tell you when I should have bcoz I thought you were losing interest at the end and now it's too late. I still think about you everyday and it's much harder when I keep getting reminders of you.

Miss you,
    xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Raspberries

Dear H & D,

You made me life miserable during Secondary School. D, at least you weren't as horrible, mean and self-obsessed as H but you colluded in her behaviour. I am so glad I kicked you too to touch and got myself some real friends. H, you are possibly the most mean-spirited person I know. Thanks for visiting me last year to try to make me feel like ****. It made me realise that I am on the way to getting over you and your petty competitive nature.

H, (different one)

I am sorry for the way that I went about breaking off our friendship, it was selfish but I couldnt see any other way out of it. I felt smothered, insecure and pressurised, particularly about drink which I was not happy about. I may have hurt you but I had to think of myself for once. I am by no means perfect, but when you got into a hump because I wasn't spending every day with you I knew I had to stop things before they became like the 'friendship' with H&D.

F,

I know you love me and I love ye but sometimes I want to get the feck out of the house or I want to be alone. Please respect that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

dear m

i cannot believe you didnt show up last week

you were conspicuous by your absence

lots of others were there to support me, but you were missing, with not even a text to acknowledge the event

that speaks volumes

see ya!

dear j

stop playing the martyr card and making me feel guilty because i have said "no" for the first time since last june

i've put your needs ahead of mine since then, and i was glad to do it when you needed me

but you dont need me as much now, and i cant sustain giving you that much support all the time.

you have other family around you to support you - its time for one of them to step up to the plate instead of leaving it all to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Dear Gran,

I never once told you that I loved you, or that I thought you were amazing, or even that I liked spending time with you. I was a child and I didn't know any better.

The last time I saw you, you were in hospital on oxygen and I was terrified. I bent down to kiss you and the oxygen mask got in the way. I was too scared to move it and try again so I just left.

It is more than ten years later and I'm still devastated you are not around. You would be so proud of me and I would tell you how much I love you every single day. I'm sorry you are gone and I'm sorry you didn't have an easier life.

To ________

eh thanks for being my friend when i really needed one. ive always been liked, popular but was kinda lonely...i dont want to disregard the friendships i had in the past because they made me who i am and ill remember those people i was friends with fondly for the rest of my life and will always call them my friends and who knows they might come back into my life in the future but you came around when i was in most need of friends, when i sat in my room crying to my mum that i had no friends(how could i get to this sitation, a shy but popular outgoing kid with no friends :S) ...for that i can never ever forget you. things happen in life, one minute your friends, the next your not, people drift away but no matter what happens whether we stop being friends in 5 years or stay friends for next 50 years ill never forget u becoz without u i wudnt been able to survive much longer as desperate as that sounds.

now i save this speach for each of u individually(less depressing tone ha) for ur weddings in 15-25 years time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Dear big sis,

I'm sorry for everything that has happened to you. I'm so sorry that you don't get to have the life, the freedom and the opportunities that both L and I get to enjoy, but most of all I am sorry that I don't know how to accept you as you are.

I keep seeing the bright-eyed, sensitive, kind-hearted twelve year old that you used to be, who comforted me when I was down, who let me raid her wardrobe and who stuck up for me when no-one else would.

But when I'm not seeing that, I just see the disease. I see the confusion, the torment, the pain, the weight gain and the lost look in your eyes and I wish for the love of God you would just cop yourself on, give it up and give yourself a life, give our parents their happiness back and erase the ten years of pain we've all suffered at the expense of your illness.

I'm sorry that after all this time and all this growing up that I've done, I still have the mentality of a five year old who fails to see that this isn't your fault, that it could have been any one of us and that sometimes, life is just inexplicably unfair and there's nothing you can do about it. You don't deserve this and I wish I could fix it all, but deep down I feel like I may have given up on you. I ****ing hate myself for this.

Life goes on though, hey. I saw how attached you got to that cat, how polite and respectful you are in other people's company and how hard you work every year to make sure there's lots of surprises under the Christmas tree, and I know that you're still there...you're just a different 'you' now. Maybe the doctors let you down. Or maybe you were just too sensitive, maybe you just got landed with everyone else's pain.

I think of you often while I'm over here and I think about how much you are missing out on, how limited life is for you. It saddens me but also, in a strange way, it spurs me on, because it makes me realize all that I have, all that I shouldn't take for granted. Maybe that's what this whole thing has been about.

I've never told you, but I really do love you, and that's why it's been so hard to accept. But I promise I'll continue to try

x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

dear XXX
    if you f--k with my bro again, you'll have me to answer to.
    yours,
    DGK

LOL!

dear _____
    please get rid of her. you do not need her. she is bad for you. you are too good for her. don't give her the opportunity to hurt you again. once a cheater always a cheater you said...
    love,
    me

dear jeep/bmw/vag owners
    you do not own the road. your not better than me because i am in a little hatch back. stop tailgating and bullying.
    yours,
    DGK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Dear Such'n'Such

Please stop being a rude bitch to me and my best friend and all of Irish people in general. Stop saying you are posh but at the same time on the dole for the past 5 months. Please stop applying for jobs, getting the jobs and then not taking the jobs when they are offered to you because its not your dream job, we are in a recession you twit, take what you can! Please go out once in a while in the evening or at the weekends instead of staying in all the time watching the E! channel and saying drinking is disgusting and all people are d!ckheads. Please stop making me feel guilty for wanting to put on the heat in our cold house as it is -9 degrees outside at the moment. The bill will be big so maybe you should take one of those jobs you keep getting offered!
    Please figure out that I am in work all day while you are at home all day, when i come home I want to make my dinner, do not wait for me to come home then start making your dinner at 8pm around me in our small kitchen! Please stop treating your cat, which you were only ment to be minding for a little while but now own, like a child! You leave the food out for the cat, you do not pick the cat up, carry cat over to food, place cat at food and make it eat! Please stop bring your cat up to your bedroom and leaving your bedroom door open at night so cat can go down stairs. Leave the cat down stairs and close your door, I'd like to have a wnak without you hearing me please!

I fully regreat moving in with you and now i have to wait 8 months before I can leave you you silly ****!

With love
    RLG.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭x3wiggles

Dear P,
    Cop on and stop being hot and cold. We ignore each other and yet we're both pathetic enough to look back and see if the other one saw. Red faces, stuttering, stumbled words. We both know what we're doing to each other.
    Let me get on with my life. You had your chance. I'm better than this. I'm above this torment from you. Let me move on... And let me go.
    Love,
    W.
    p.s, control your best mate.

Dear L,
    You are the definition of "Wow, I effed up". You've lost your husband, your kids...and now you want forgiveness? Get a grip. You're in your 50s. You need to grow up and sort out your life. Get your kids back to your side at least. This is when you aren't corrupting LH. Let us believe you this time when you say you're clean. And don't play your kids off one another. You've destroyed so much in 20 years. It's time for rehab.
    Even though I say I don't love you, I always will. Just sort yourself out. No one can do it for you. I miss you.
    Love,
    W

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 shadowdawn

Dear me,
    Stop letting things slip away from you. You're your own worst enemy and are messing things up all by yourself!Stop with the excuses and the procrastination and being a lazy idiot. If you want success work for it stop expecting it to just come to you!Be thankful for all you do have and stop resenting what you don't. You are young so have fun now and stop thinking about having fun in the future. Stop trying to impress other people,be you and impress you.
    Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Dear Lil sis

I hate that crowd you hang around with, i wish you'd move back home. I hate the fact we're not close, it drives me crazy sometimes. I wish i was a big enough person to say to you to live with me but i can't watch you go down this road. I know you might have cystic fibrosis but it's no need to act out. I love you and i want you to go back to school..

Love Big sis

Dear me,

Stop being a big baby about things. Life can only be changed by you. You have a wonderful man and a nice home. Get your masters and stop whinning about the workload. Love yourself a little bit more and make time for yourself.

Me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

shadowdawn wrote: »
    Dear me,
    Stop letting things slip away from you. You're your own worst enemy and are messing things up all by yourself!Stop with the excuses and the procrastination and being a lazy idiot. If you want success work for it stop expecting it to just come to you!Be thankful for all you do have and stop resenting what you don't. You are young so have fun now and stop thinking about having fun in the future. Stop trying to impress other people,be you and impress you.
    Me.

Funny how many times I say that to myself, but I never listen =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Dear 12yo self,
    You're about to start secondary school, please PLEASE work hard!
    Yours sincerely
    Michelle

Dear 14yo self,
    You silly girl, he was (and still is) wonderful, what were you thinking let that go! Also, stop washing your hair so much, it's getting thinner by the minute! You'll regret it later. And stop picking at your skin, you'll end up scarred
    Also, when you are 15 please don't start smoking.
    Yours truly
    Michelle

Dear 16yo self,
    What did I tell you about smoking! I warned you. I see you didn't listen to me when I said about working hard either!
    Yours in impatience
    Michelle

Dear 18yo self,
    I hope you're friggin' happy you didn't do a tap and now are where you are. Also, knock the fags on the head, they're getting dearer you know and you're mammy doesn't appreciate that you've kicked years of medical expenditure for your asthma in the teeth.
    Yours in annoyance,
    Michelle

Dear present self,
    Wow, I never thought I'd see you hear. Look at you, working towards definite goals with a plan in place to achieve them. I'm proud. I'm also proud that you've slowed down considerably in the car and are beginning to lose weight. Your friends are really nice people, definite keepers! I know things look crap right now but remember what Nanny always says, what's for you won't pass you, so chin up.
    Talk soon
    Michelle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Dear snow,

f@*k off

Thank you.

dear _________
    stop being a sponge. you just sit around being lazy all the time and won't even try to get your papers or get a job. i wish you would contribute to the running costs of this place. it's not fair on the rest of us that live here and pay your share. and please stop robbing our stuff. btw, i hate those junkers. it's looking like a halting site....

yours,
    DGK

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭margarite

shadowdawn wrote: »
    Dear me,
    Me.
    All of the above is excellent advice, but to do it all at once is only putting pressure on yourself, this is not a good idea, write down everything you have to do and put them in order of importance, as you achieve them one by one take pleasure from that achievement and feel the load becoming less heavy, it is only then you will be at peace and be able to work to your best. I know all of what you are saying happened to me I become less effective, pressurised, and did not know where to start, until someone suggested what I m suggesting to you.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Dear N...
    Im so sorry for hurting you. Im not the person you wanted, well, not at the time anyway. Who knows what the future holds but you need to sort your own emotions out first before you do yourself more damage. The world won't end if you go over 6 months without having a gf.. try it... fix yourself. I can't fix you any more. But i will help keep you mended when ever you ask...

Dear N...
    Its been 5 years, it doesnt get any easier, maybe it gets a bit harder. I wish i listened to everything you told me. I wish i paid more attention to you. I wish i had you for longer. I miss you every single day. You're my favourite.

Dear Travelling,
    Thank you. For everything.
    Love, SM xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭SparkyTech

Dear my 17 year old self,

Life really does get better. Those who bullied you were the small and petty ones. You just have to find the likeminded folk a little later on. Oh and ease up on the procastination and self loathing, bitterness won't get you past the hurdles ahead. Now go and do your homework.

Me x

Dear A,

If you have such a problem hearing me tell you about the girls I'm seeing, don't tell me about the guys you're seeing.

From D.

Dear you

Fancy a drink?

me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Dear Mum,

Daddy rang me to tell me you went into hospital last night. I wish Christmas time was a good time of the year for you, but the cold and darkness always get to you. :(

Take the time to rest and not stress for a while. Try and eat a little bit more, you're loosing a lot of weight. Even though we don't always get along I cried when he told me the news, I do every year when you have to go in to get better. I just wish the doctors could make you better.

Think positive mammy,

love
    SD x

ghghghgh wrote: »
    Dear you

Fancy a drink?

me

Just ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Dear O
    I don't miss you anymore in fact I'm blossoming without you, I thought I needed you to make me feel good about myself but I needed to get away from you and your controlling ways.

No Love,
    R

When I said sorry to you it seemed so meaningless, it just wasn't enough. I hate whats happening at the minute. Every single thing I do at the minute just reminds me of you, even the most day to day things. I don't know how many times I've wanted to send you a text or picture about stupid stuff but I know I can't.
    I know how much I've lost, but most of all I miss my friend. Not having you to talk to is killing me.
    I know now why people say sometimes it's better to be just friends, if we'd have stayed "friends" then we wouldn't be going through this and I'd still have someone to laugh with and talk rubbish, like only we could.
    I miss you so much and I can't stop thinking about you.

Sometimes I hate you.

And I hate myself for it.

I just want you to love me.

• Advertisement
  • Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Dad,

I would give anything to have that quiet pint with you in the local like we used to. I took it for granted, I thought you would be my rock forever.

There is not a single day that goes by that I dont miss you. Every time I have a pint there, my first sip is for you. Sláinte.
    XXX

Dear Daddy

It feels strange, calling you that. For years now the best I've been able to muster is 'My Father', and even those words are hard to get out. I know it was hard for you when she drank, I know you were brought up in a way that old school religion still beats through your very core, and I know that my lack of it disappoints you. But maybe part of the reason I turned against it is because you used it to justify the times you turned on us. You hurt me, in the name of the God you pray to every night. The God you go to for forgiveness. Did you ask him to forgive you for what you did to me? I hope he can, because I don't think I ever will.

You blamed me, she hid the bottles in my room, and when you found them you said it was my fault. You said I was going to hell. I was a child, I didn't understand, I just wanted you to love me. I wanted to fix her for you I just didn't know how. Maybe that's why all my life I've tried to fix people, because I need to make up for that one time I couldn't manage it.

I remember the day you got me going to the pub to get drink for her, I was only 7. You had her in thr front seat of the car and you dragged me in on top of her. You told me you were taking me to the Guards and that I was going to jail; I don't think you realised that you'd already trapped me in a prison of pain. Then, you started hitting me, across the face, all over my body, sharp slaps that burned as they tore across me. A neighbour saw us and came banging on the door begging you to let us out, but you just drove off. I looked back to see the terrified look on her face as we disappeared in the distance. I was so embarrassed, I didn't want anyone to know.

I opened the door and tried to jump out of the moving car. I was screaming for my Aunty, I needed her, she was the only person I trusted. I hated you. You seemed to cop on then, and you turned around and drove me over to her house. It was the day of my Grandads wake, I was too embarrassed to go into the house, so I went into the shed and sat down the back on some turf - I don't think I cried, I just didn't feel anything. She heard the car though, and came and found me, and then the tears came. She loved me, you could do anything you wanted to me, but I'd always have this on person that loved me.

There were so many times like that, and she was always there. So many times you tried to take her away from me, to stop me seeing her, but I always got past you. I left home as soon as I finished school, at 17, and I've never gone back to you since. When I do go home it's to my real home, the one place where I found love - and that's not your house.

I don't think I'll ever forgive you, I've tried but I can't forget, and there's no way I can forgive unless I forget. It's too hard. But I do see you sometimes, and I try to have conversation and I try to act normal. I know you're not all bad, I know you love me in your own way, and I know it's just the world you were brought up in that made you this way. It's so hard for me to see you though, sitting in that house on your own. I know you're trying so hard now and I appreciate it. You drive my sister over to her friends houses etc., like a normal parent. I wish I had that normality. She's still a wreck (your wife), I know longer even think of her as my mother. In my mind, I never had one. She's a selfish, horrible woman - and I hate her more than you, if that makes you feel better. At least I know you have some ounce of humanity, you were just misguided. But she had no love for anyone.

Now and then she ****s up again. I'm always on edge waiting on the phone to ring, for me to get on that bus for 4 hours and coax my sister out of her room - because she can't cope with it, and she shouldn't have to. She shouldn't have to cope with a mother who drinks herself to death and a father who tries to beat the drink out of her. She shouldn't have to cope with a father to beat a 2 year old child to stop her crying, or who threatened his children to kneel and say the Rosary every night before 1998 because he thought the world was going to end.

Christmas is going to be hard. For some reason I have this pity for you, because you don't really have anyone now. But then I think of all the horrible things you did, and I get so confused, I just can't let myself love you. If she died, I'd be relieved, because I honestly have no love or feelings for her at all. If you died, I'd feel guilt, hate and regret. That's what you'd leave me with. I hope you're happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Dear Dad,

If anyone had told me at the beginning of this year, what you were going to have to go through, and that we would lose you, I would have knocked them out :mad:. My Dad, who was as fit as a fiddle, always there for all of us, all the time. Can't imagine Christmas without you. You not down the back of midnight Mass, jaws going up n down, a pocketful of Roses:). Killing yourself laughing at the drunks who made their way into the church. I think you only went for the entertainment! Can't believe when we visit Granny and Grandfather's grave on Stephen's Day, as we always did every year with you, that you are there buried with them now. Think thats going to be the hardest. Still, no more pain Dad, I bet your eating big feeds again , you're walking again, and you've more chocolates and toffees than you know what to do with:D.

Miss you, Dad
    Love Cat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I'm in tears reading some of the letters above.....

Dear A,

You said you loved me but you didn't. You disliked all my friends, my hobbies, my interests. People say that you treat your new GF the same way. I hope she cops on quicker. It took me years to value my self and treat my self with respect after you. I will not be calling in to visit (like you suggested) when I visit your new home town abroad next year.

S.

Dear P.

Thanks for showing me what love really is and what it means to love someone. You accept me for me, and I never thought I could be this happy. Oh, and although I pretend not to be - I am painfully shy. That is why I find social occassions really hard. However you make it easier.

See you tomorrow beautiful. Xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cailinalainn1

Dear Ex,
    I hate that you lied to me. Deep down, I do understand why, you were just protecting yourself, making sure you wouldn't be lonely, you wouldn't get hurt. You were looking after you. Your intention wasn't to hurt me... But you knew if I found out (and it was highly probable I would) that I would be so hurt. You made a fool of me, in front of friends too. For that, I'll never forgive you.

Dear Sis,
    Love living with you this year. We've gotten so close. I consider you one of my best friends, not just my sister. You really do give good advice too. In the past I wouldn't have thought to confide in you, stupid me. <3

Dear Me,
    Cop on. Stop going back to him. Yes it feels great at the time but the next day you ALWAYS feel like **** after the happiness wears off. You just want to feel wanted, you don't want him. You KNOW this! Stop blocking out how he hurt you, remember it. You did so much for him and he just took you for granted. Grow a spine, find some willpower. Be happy yourself woman!! You don't need anybody else. Be happy with yourself before you try to be happy with somebody else. You better make the most of Christmas or I'm gonna kick your ass! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dcmraad

Kablamo! wrote: »
    My Dearest Daddy,
    You always told me I didn't appreciate you enough- then start humming "You'll never miss your mother 'til she's buried beneath the clay".
    You were absolutely spot on. I just never imagined that you would leave us so soon, or that there would be such a void left in my life.
    The past year or so of our relationship we fought like cat and dog. With the benefit of hindsight I know now why: I am you. I have your temper, you mannerisms, but most of all your stubborn nature. This horrifies and amuses me in equal measure :).
    If I could turn back the clock, well...
    When you dropped me to secondary school and asked for a kiss at the gates? I wouldn't worry about looking 'cool'. When you told me stories about your childhood, instead of turning up the volume on the radio, I would have given you my full attention. Instead of getting frustrated by your pushing me to go to college, get a job, whatever, I would have realised that you never wanted to pressurize me... You were just so proud of me you thought the world needed to know what I can do.
    My last words to you would change- I told you to "F off and die", and funnily enough, you had a heart attack a few hours later. The first time you ever did what I told you to. Knowing what I do now, I'd tell you that you were great, you were the best, and I was so lucky and blessed to have you for my father.
    Love, eternally,
    Your Little Girl x

This has to be stickied somewhere, and passed to facebook, school assemblys, chuch anywhere or read out somewhere on the radio or tv. Its something special.

THank you

• Advertisement

To K,

I'm sorry I was a bad friend. I knew there was something wrong - you started acting so strangely and I never did anything or said anything to anyone. I thought it was my fault and that you didn't want to be my friend any more. We still had such great times in school but then I wouldn't hear from you from Friday evening til Monday morning, we never did anything outside school any more. Every body else thought you were weird, I knew you weren't being yourself. So many times during 6th year I thought of ringing your house to ask your mum if she knew what was wrong with you. We were in seperate exam centres for our final LC exam and you finished early and just left. We had been best friends for 5 years in school and you just left. I thought you were just being a bitch, I didn't know you were sick. I never saw you again even though we texted a few times. When I found out you had died I fell apart. I was only told the evening of your funeral - I never even got to say goodbye. Again I thought I should ring your mum but I didn't know what to say. When I found out what you'd done to yourself and the horrible way you died I thought my heart would break - some friend I was. I am so so so so sorry I didn't say something to someone. Maybe they hadn't noticed it, maybe I could have helped. I'm sorry, and I always think about your mum, dad and sister and hope to God they're coping.

To my Granny,

I love you. I still miss you. 4 years later and I still well up when I think about you. When we were making our mad dash to the hospital late at night because you had had a "bad turn" I presumed you'd be ok. When I walked into your room and saw everyone in tears I thought my world had stopped. You were like another mammy. You looked after me so well and so often your house was truly like another home. Its only in the past year I realised it wasn't a coincidence that so often fairycakes had been baked just before I arrived!! Your chicken soup was second to none - even though I used to complain about having it too regularly, I'd have it every day now if it meant I could give you a hug. You used to tuck me in all the time and it was sooo annoying! But you also used to ring the doorbell in a way that I always knew it was you - and when I told you that you tried to change it but I still knew! I'll never forget how proud of me you were when I got my LC results and I just wish you had still been around when I graduated. My other regret is that you never met my fiance. You'd have loved him because he'd have chatted away to you for the night and wouldn't have judged you when you got into one of your silly giddy spells! When I was younger I thought Granda was great because he gave me money and sweets. When I got older I realised what an evil manipulative and abusive bully he was. How you managed to stay married to him for over 50 years and were still a happy, positive and fun person I'll never know. Basically, I miss you - and I so wish you could be there on my wedding day. I don't know if I ever actually told you I loved you but I do!

To Granda,

I hate you. It's a strong word and not one I would lightly use. Not only did you treat my mam and her siblings like crap when you were growing up, you abused children. You were in a position of power and you totally destroyed a lot of peoples lives. Thankfully you never hurt my mum or any of my family but that's the only positive about you. When it all came out our family went through hell. Mostly my Granny - I will never ever forget the night I was sharing a double bed with her while we stayed in my uncles house and she cried herself to sleep before me. I couldn't move because I was 13 and she would never cry in front of any of us, she only let herself go because she thought I was asleep. She was a proud lady and she had the tiniest shred of pride left after what you did, I couldn't take that away from her. And when you spoke about her after she died I wanted to kill you. You didn't love her, you wanted to control her. When you got out of jail I was really disappointed. It was back to my granny being spoken over, told to shut up, made go where you wanted when you wanted. For gods sake she used to lie and tell you she was going to get milk and come over to our house to chat to me or my mum or my dad just for 15 minutes to try and get away from you. I hate you, and I won't be at your funeral. I will not sit there like a hipocrite while the priest tries to find some positive to say about you. There are no positives.

Dear B,

I love you. I do tell you all the time but once more can't hurt! I can't wait for our wedding, I can't wait to be your wife! I met you 3 months after my Granny died and 4.5 years later, you've helped put me back together. You make me laugh so much, you give the best cuddles and you smell amazing :) I'm sorry I've been so disinterested in sex recently - I'm just really tired with work and I don't like how I look at the moment but this thread has made me realise I'm so incredibly lucky to have you - and I'm going to stop being lazy and work on it! So ummm come home soon ;)

Dear Ex,
    What's been your game all this time? Who taught you it was ok to be so selfish? To pretend everything was ok, until I literally had to drag the words out of you weeks later, that it was over. Why couldn't have you been honest? You had your opportunity to be free when we broke up, why did you come back? Either to punish me via the public humiliation of breaking up again, or did you genuinely thought I'd traipse around after you and your career for the next 8 years?
    One day you'll realise that you can't just click your fingers and expect your perfect life to magically appear, you can't hold someone to ransom in a relationship, and you sure as hell can't rely on a career to keep you warm at night. Then all those words we had might sink in. But it'll be too late- for you, at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Dear you horrible, disgusting, rotten man

You make me physically sick anytime I think of you I never hated anyone more than I do you. I hate what you did to members of my family and you have the terrible cheek to laugh and be merry. I was happy when I heard about your illness because this is karma's way of getting back at you for all the pain you placed upon us :( I cried so many tears as did everyone else but finally your getting you comeuppance.

I will gladly dance at your funeral. I hope everyone finds out how are sick you are your nothing but a disgusting pedophile and pervert :mad:

Pocketfizz, your post worries me. If there are any claims of pervertedness or pedophilia, I really hope you reported them to the Gardaí instead of solely posting it here. You don't have to answer, as it could be breaching privacy, but I just really hope you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Pocketfizz, your post worries me. If there are any claims of pervertedness or pedophilia, I really hope you reported them to the Gardaí instead of solely posting it here. You don't have to answer, as it could be breaching privacy, but I just really hope you did.

Thanks for your concern but everything is sorted this was a long time ago, you can't help but think of things sometimes and I just needed to release some feelings.

• Advertisement

I still hope it got sorted out with the authorities though, but don't worry - I'll drop it now as it could be encroaching on some serious privacy. Good to get these things off your chest thought. Fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,204 ✭✭✭jos28

Dear Mam,
    Really missing you this week. I know how much you loved the build up to Christmas and just wish you were here. I know you are happier now with Dad, its where you have wanted to be since he died. Life here without you is tough.I am dreading this first Christmas without you. I miss you and love you both xxx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

M,
    I'm so happy we were able to get through all the trivial sh*t and be okay. I'm so glad to have my best friend back.

A,
    Not a day goes by where I don't think of you. I want to cry a bit each time, just because I can't get over how much you hurt me. I hate that you still have this effect on me. You screwed me over royally and I can never forgive you for how worthless you repeatedly made me feel.
    But joke's on you. I'll be sure to say hi when I pass you and your degenerate friends in the dole queue on my way to college. And get the money you still owe me to fund your nasty little habit off you...Your girl (the one you cheated on me with- oh yes, I do know...) is playing up to her old tricks again... Karma's a bitch isn't it?? enjoy syphillis. :)

R1,
    Let's just stop it now. It didn't work before, it's not going to work now. We're just being each other's consolation prizes. Again. We're only hurting each other.

R2,
    It really hurts that you've never acknowledged that night. It meant so much to me. I was absolutely besotted with you for the two years previously and it meant so much to me. But nothing to you it seems. Everyone sees how things are between us, why can't you?
    I'm trying to get over it but sometimes I can't help but wonder what might have been.

R3,
    Sorry the timing was so sh*t. I would never have started things with him if I knew you felt that way. I was mad about you too. And now you're so in love when I'm so alone., and it's entirely my fault. But I do hope you stay happy for a very long time. One of us deserves it.
    I miss hanging out with you though. I haven't spoken to you properly in ages, and you were the closest friend i have here. I know she gets jealous easily but you have to give your friends time too. Everyone's saying it. Please.

S,
    Thanks for being my rock, especially when the sh*T hit the fan and i lost track of what matters. Thanks for keeping me grounded.

Shiv x
    Wow... that was incredibly therapeutic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Sonz

Dear M,
    I wish id gotten to know you better, sadly you passed away today :( rip xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cyan95

Dear brother in law,

Thanks for letting down your widowed mother, your brother and me again.

In fact thinking back that is all you have ever down you selfish piece of crap. You are one of life's takers and not a giver. Since your dad died, what have you done to help your mother - nothing I tell you. It was all left to us particulary your brother and that to me is unforgiveable.

All you do is criticise what we do or don't in your opinion - who the f**k are you to have an opinion. I think you are jealous of your little brother as to what a success he became and you still are a thieving loser. Remember the money you stole from your last job and Dad had to pay it back - of course you didn't steal it it just landed in your pocket. I presume your current employer is not aware of your thieving past.

Hope you have a nice christmas (not!!) with that fat obnoxious asshole you live with and try not to think of your mother at home on her own this christmas - I know you won't.

May you get what you deserve in life because you won't be part of mine from now on.

Shalom you cretin

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Loopsie

Nana
    I miss u
    L x

R
    I love you so much
    L x

J
    You are the absolute scum of the earth. Wishing bad things on you would take up energy im not prepared to part with for someone like you. I will never forgive you for any of it and No i dont want to be friends you gobshiite.
    L
    Ps you are **** in bed, myself and one of the girls you cheated with had a good laugh about that and yes you are getting balder you fat twit!

dear grandpa,
    you were a quiet man. you never said much. but i really enjoyed your company. i was too young to tell you how i felt, but i am left with wonderful memories of our time we spent together. i loved how you used to play the guitar and sing and i'd run around the coffee table...and the faster you would play, the faster i'd run. you taught me how to fish. i loved how you always watched sport on the telly. i loved the smell of you cooking your dinners on the wood burning stove in the basement. i used to love watching you work the lathe. you were so talented at wood working. you made beautiful chairs. i loved being up in your truck beside you driving through the city. your maple syrup that you made was gorgeous. after i'd turned 16, i remember you telling me that you weren't well. i didn't take it seriously... i just thought you had a bug. a month later when i found out you had cancer it broke my heart. you slipped away so fast and i didn't have a chance to say goodbye. your life was a miracle. you weren't supposed to live past my first christmas, after 4 heart attacks. but you soldiered on for another 16 years. it's now been 14 years and a week or so since you died. i still think about you an awful lot. you were more of a father to me than anyone else. i appreciate everything you gave to me. you were a great man. i'm proud that you were my grandfather. i love you grandpa.. and i still miss you every day!

love,
    me

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭fghijkl

Dear J
    Thanks for making me see life's too short, making me who i am today, saving me from a life of sadness and regret, i can't believe how far i've come, its strange i never knew you apart from a friendly smile and hello, but i remember thinking you were so warm and gentle, you always made me smile back even when i was having the worst day :) . Strange how i never knew you but you've became one of the most important influences in my life, i'm sorry you felt you couldn't battle through your own life, but you gave me the strength to battle through mine. RIP xxx

Dear I
    Thanks for setting the standard. In another life maybe it could have been, but i know you couldn't be happy here, i know how much you love your family - It's one of the many reasons you meant so much to me. Thanks for showing me i deserve to be loved. I wish you every happiness in the world, from the bottom of my heart. I hope you find the woman of your dreams, i know you'll be the best husband and father in the world, and i can't wait to see how your life unfolds. I'm so glad i met you. I hope we'll be friends for a long long time....miss you xx

Dear D
    Every time I hear that song i think of you. I understand why. I'm sorry you couldn't fight the darkness. Watch over them, you must be so proud of them for being so strong.
    RIP xxx

Dear A
    You were a complete asshole. Guess what? It wasn't a long way to go, he went gladly and was so much better. You don't even compare to him.

Dear A2
    I wonder what would have happened if i'd answered yes to his question? I don't understand why you seem to despise me so much. Sometimes i want to wipe the smile off your stupid smug face, you're so bloody pretentious and arrogant. But sometimes i see flashes of what you could be if you weren't so scared of dropping the facade and just being you, and then i want to rip your clothes off....you infuriate me.

:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I don't usually get angry and stuff, but here goes :

Dear L,

Please stop treating my friend like crap. Maybe you do have a lot of problems, I don't know, but constantly acting like a total bitch and then blaming it on being depressed, or on your medication, or on the fact that you were in hospital for a while isn't fair.
    You are making everyone walk on egg-shells around you. No one is brave enough to tell you that while in the beginning, we were genuinely worried about you, it's getting harder and harder to feel like that now. The reason I never once visited you in hospital is because I'm annoyed with you. I'm sick and tired of you making jokes about your supposed mental illness - "Haha, whoops I cheated, but that's okay 'cause I'm a psycho" etc. It isn't funny.
    G doesn't deserve the shit you throw at him day in, day out. Dumping him, coming back the next day and saying you didn't mean it, you were just feeling down... It's not okay.

Maybe it seems like I wanna live in a perfect little world where everyone is happy 24/7, but that isn't it. I'm not saying I don't think you can be sad ever, you can... But the lack of respect with which you treat people is intolerable and inexcusable in my eyes, no matter how low you're feeling.

I wish you realised how horrible you're being, and stopped. That's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Dear J,

I wish you were still here, I miss you so so much and this time of year always makes me think of you!

Lots of Love

L

• Advertisement
Advertisement