Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

worst company you have ever come across?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Before I worked in customer service when the recession hit, UPC/NTL/Chorus. Since I worked in customer service, I dunno because I understand that it's not the advisors' fault. Probably Sky but I remember the things they did well rather than badly. Vodafone not great moments but mostly fine/good.

The customer service model is sh1t in general anyway. It doesn't generate revenue so it's bottom of the barrel. Worst paid, very little that an advisor can do. High staff turnaround (so remember that when you're sitting in a queue for ages - they can't get the staff or the staff won't stay).

Ande1975 wrote: »
    Cushy work life then :rolleyes:
    Yes, posting a light-hearted comment could only mean that.

I've worked with someone like you've described too. Wouldn't let them make me that bristly over a Boards post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Before I worked in customer service when the recession hit, UPC/NTL/Chorus. Since I worked in customer service, I dunno because I understand that it's not the advisors' fault. Probably Sky but I remember the things they did well rather than badly.

The customer service model is sh1t in general anyway. It doesn't generate revenue so it's bottom of the barrel. Worst paid, very little that an advisor can do. High staff turnaround (so remember that when you're sitting in a queue for ages - they can't get the staff or the staff won't stay).

while it cannot generate revenue it can certainly take it away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

The courier business is cut throat, margains are far too tight to bother with customer service.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭pgj2015

The courier business is cut throat, margains are far too tight to bother with customer service.

That may be true but if cowboys like fastway treat customers like dirt then their superior competitors for example DPD, will prosper where they will fail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

Digiweb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Ryan Air!

/Thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

never came across an entire company, been practicing with magazines and websites alrite, gimmie time lads, no need to show off !

• Registered Users Posts: 29,976 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Littlewoods!
    I contacted them about not receiving my delivery.
    They first asked me to confirm some security questions.
    One was what my eircode was.
    They then proceeded to tell me that I did not receive my order because they hadn't my eircode.
    I received my delivery a few days later. A pair of shorts in the wrong colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Eir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

AIB.

Irish water.

Dublin Bus.

Eircom.

Ryanair.

Boots but only online (OH MY GOD THEY ARE AWFUL ONLINE)

Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,353 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Pitman Training. absolutely shocking set up.

According to their website, you can do a multitude of "diploma-level" courses, whatever that means, in law, administration, social media etc and you are told there are tutors who are top of their class and can answer any questions you have. In reality, they pick the good looking girls who walk in and take pictures of them for their "profile" when in fact they are used to make their home page look more attractive and entice people to pay for their courses.

Speaking of which...there are NO tutors, every course you do is online, you book a slot in the computer room for an hour or two, some guy who has been trained in typical FAQ for computers comes along anytime the software crashes or you need new passwords or a form, there is NOBODY there to ask questions to, only your virtual buddy, who zooms through the online syllabus, offering nothing but a weak "Help" link if you don't understand. And when it comes to exams, and this is the kicker, you have to pay extra for Pitman Training to ship your completed exam to an English company (all the voices that do the courses are British) to correct, and even then you have to wait 2 weeks for the result.

When the result comes, you get a Pass or Fail, no specific mark. Its obvious Pitman Training is nothing but a racket, acting like the middle man between gullible students and IP that hasn't been fastened down tight enough to prevent other companies using their syllabuses on different audiences. I was called in for a post-result interview and told to say something "positive, all smiles" for the website credentials. I have been around a bit so I had no problem telling the manager the whole place was an absolute set up and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. She didn't know what to say and in fairness she is only the tool for the managers. Keep well away, people, you wont go any further in your career with these gangsters.

I remember they had an office in Kilkenny right beside where I lived and I wantEd to do a word and excel course for work. Called in and thought this was great- turned out yes, all they give you was a manual and you sit at a computer with a head set. No one actually teaches you- can’t remember the price but it definitely wasn’t cheap. I politely left and ended up doing the courses in Dublin instead. Seemed like a right con job to me and think most of the actual clients were there on Fas type courses paid for by the taxpayer

• Registered Users Posts: 43,013 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I use DPD for business and I really can't fault them

Like everything else you get what you pay for

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Plus one for DPD great service, very professional with texts and emails the day before and the morning of delivery and parcels always delivered within the one hour window given.

As for cost I don't think they are any dearer than other companies, a parcel sent from UK to a virtual address in northern Ireland and then to your address tracked and signed for is 3.85 euro.

I had so many issues with Fastway I contacted the companies I deal with in UK and explained the situation, they dropped them for all their deliveries here in Ireland.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Golgafrinchan 'B' Ark

everlast75 wrote: »
    NTL - awful. Cablelink was nearly as bad

Back when I was still renting, they turned up on a Friday when everyone was out and disconnected us from the outside. No telly all weekend. Our bill was fully paid, but someone on the other side of the city with a similar street name hadn't paid theirs. Then a few months later, they did it a second time... :rolleyes:

Here's what you could have won.

AIB.

Irish water.

Dublin Bus.

Eircom.

Ryanair.

Meteor.
    All of them? Sometimes answers that the customer doesn't like (or services that the customer doesn't like paying for) are inaccurately considered bad customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭VG31

Agreed, DPD are very good. They always deliver within the one hour window +/- a few minutes. I've never had any problems with Nightline either.

I've had a lot of issues with Fastway relative to the amount of times they've delivered to me.

I find An Post very good in general but they have got less reliable over the last few months (parcels taking an extra day to be delivered, parcels being out for delivery but no delivery attempt). I probably get at least 75% of my deliveries from them so issues are more likely anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Eir.

I came in to say this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭VG31

Easons. I've had a few issues but most recently I ordered a book with no sign of it being dispatched a week later. I emailed them and they said it was out of stock. Two days later it was still available to buy and showing as in stock on their website. Even with the various offers and discount codes they have it's nearly always cheaper somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

AIB there customer service is pretty decent, but there anti consumer policies and behavior is disgusting at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Meehan Drilling

Just don't ever use them
    The shíte the managers tell you

I just can't explain I'll become enraged and explode !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Been with Eir for a few years and no issues, on a great deal albeit I haven't tried to cancel or have to deal with their support.

Was with Vodafone and they were fine until I tried to leave and got sucked into that particular Hades.

Had a few parcels go missing with Fastway but most have reached me.

Always found AIB OK to deal with myself. Been with them a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

AIB.

Irish water.

Dublin Bus.

Eircom.

Ryanair.

Meteor.

That's awful to have encountered so much poor service. Far more than anybody in the entire thread, it would seem.

I expect it's just down to bad luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Has to be Eir without a doubt. Bordering on criminal the way they treat customers.

Special shout out to Luas or whoever runs it. A pigeon ****s on the tracks and they seem to have technical issues utterly useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Melted

Vodafone, nobody can answer a question regarding a contract and they just bounce you around to different operators in Ireland and India each as clueless as the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

My brother in law, think Fr. Stone without the positivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,976 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Did anybody here ever contact vodapone and was told they'd get a call back off them?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Electronic Arts.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Melted

Did anybody here ever contact vodapone and was told they'd get a call back off them?

Yes, and they dont call back in the mean time they will charge you for whatever service you are not receiving off them.

• Advertisement

Sh1t daytime TV currently being consumed on breaks.

The customers on Airline. Bunch of psychos.

How does a person feel ok about blaming some young lad on the desk for a plane being delayed.

Advertisement