Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Much more trivial than that ^^^, but these make me happy. :)
    Saudades wrote: »
    The Director of Operations for Coillte Nature is called Karen Woods? - brilliant
    There are so many hilarious surnames, I once heard of a boat engine sales man called Flood and a solicitor called Lawless. Should have a thread of its own in AH
    whyulittle wrote: »
    Birdwatch Ireland PRO is called Niall Hatch.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Today I learnt my cat's "word" for "bird". :) He only makes that sound when a bird (be it a crow or a magpie or a robin) lands in the garden.

He has a different "word" for telling me that his favourite visiting kitty has arrived for her dinner, too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

New Home wrote:
    Today I learnt my cat's "word" for "bird". He only makes that sound when a bird (be it a crow or a magpie or a robin) lands in the garden.

My cat does this too. It's a really strange chattering sound reserved especially for birds! So cute :D

That's what he used to do when he saw them as prey (now he's not in a fit state any more), now he makes a flat mrew-meh sound that to me means something like "Look, a befeathered interloper, quick, get him off my lawn!". :D

My cat has a special meow to let me know he's off to do a big ol poop!

He struts down the length of the house towards his litter box basically roaring "Prepare yourselves, this is gonna be a big one"!

:D Least I can be ready with the scoop! :D

Yes, "Animals can't talk" my foot. You just need to listen and to interpret. :cool: I know, I KNOW my cat called me a bitch a while back. I lifted him out of a room where he was trying to get to food that he loved but was very bad for him. I picked him up, put him outside the room and closed the door. Less than a second later, he meowed in the exact tone and for the exact length of time it'd take for a human to say "Bitch!" with a sense of disgust, too. I was in stitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

"Covid cat chats"

Nor sure if this is my TH...or TA
    :D

Choose your answer vvveeeeeeery carefully...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

KatW4 wrote: »
    My cat does this too. It's a really strange chattering sound reserved especially for birds! So cute :D
    That's what he used to do when he saw them as prey (now he's not in a fit state any more), now he makes a flat mrew-meh sound that to me means something like "Look, a befeathered interloper, quick, get him off my lawn!". :D

Like this ?

YEP!!! :) More like the shorter sounds, but yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Or... "Pandemic Pussy Parlance"

Still not sure if it's TH or not

Wrong answer! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Pussy riot! :D

Feline feud, more like it! Watch out for claws.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

I woke up this morning feline fine.....

Chats with my brothers. Always puts me in good form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TH at Picking the winner in the ultimate flags thread and learning that there's a country called the Marshall Islands.
    Also TH I have a plan to get out of jail formatted.

cj maxx wrote: »
    TH at Picking the winner in the ultimate flags thread and learning that there's a country called the Marshall Islands.
    Also TH I have a plan to get out of jail formatted.

...roll two sixes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,480 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I had a TA with a colleague who has asked me the same stupid question for the umpteen time in a week but a TH in that the dog was next to me and put his paw on my leg as if to say "are you alright? Do you wanna talk about it?"

TH dogs are a gals best friend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 dolly darling

Dropped off post to my brother. Saw my nephew for the first in ages. His Mum had given him his first haircut and he's absolutely gorgeous. It's like he's left his baby days behind him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Bella Bee

Thursday morning Lidl shopping leads to lots of temptation. Happy I flew in and out with only a few flowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

My friends got married! They've been together seven years but never mentioned weddings at all. This morning they sent our group chat two photos of them in fancy clothes in a woods in their home country with the caption "we'll have the party later". They're two of the best people I know and they look so, so happy in the photos (one of which was of them wearing face masks and standing two meters apart :)). I can't stop looking at the pictures and smiling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I was chatting to my 7yo last night about the space X launch.
    Today he's going to be the first man on Mars. :)
    He had a rethink when told it 240 million miles away but still going. !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Daisy78

The hint of a burnt orange sky just over the treetops, from my bedroom window.

I went for my usual walk this morning (quick 15 minutes around the estate) and about 5 minutes into it, felt a brushing against the bottom of my jeans. It was our cat who then walked beside me for the rest of it. When we got back to the front door of the house, the sun had come out so she started rolling around on her back

That's a sign of pure love right there :3

Th is clean bed sheets, clean duvet cover and clean shaven :3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Drinking a bottle of Corona beer this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

Reading a good book....was starting to lose hope in fiction-type books as there can be an awful lot of crap out there, to me this one was one of those books you wish you could forget what it was about just so you could read it again.

Reading a good book....was starting to lose hope in fiction-type books as there can be an awful lot of crap out there, to me this one was one of those books you wish you could forget what it was about just so you could read it again.

What is the name of the book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Trying out zoom calling for the first time tomorrow, bit nervous but also quite excited :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I made my first batch of ginger beer and its quite tasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I found Bell's Whisky in my local Supervalu when for years I had no idea they sold my native brand here. Delighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

branie2 wrote: »
    Drinking a bottle of Corona beer this evening
    Traitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Your Face wrote: »

did you make lashings and lashings of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Even enough for Timmy the Dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Your Face wrote:

Your Face wrote:
    Even enough for Timmy the Dog

How about Teddy the Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Sitting out in the sun listening to good tunes and reading a good book.

Heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

my friend trusted me enough to ask me advice on romance, I wasn't much help to her unfortunately but I was honered :)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

branie2 wrote:
    What is the name of the book?

The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary! A romcom but I absolutely adored it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭Archeron

A local petrol station has opened an ice cream station in a garden shed at the side of the forecourt manned by two mortal kombat characters. Banoffi sundae sitting at the edge of the car wash 😁😁 I sent a pic to a friend in America as an inter continental ice cream cheers and got a cheers back with a pic of him eating a mcflurry.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    How about Teddy the Mod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Playing Now 28 with the sun coming in through the door. Perfect for weather like this. The final fatbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 dolly darling

Having breakfast in my garden and overhearing Dad next door talking with his children about all the nature on display (I was going to type the birds and the bees, but it wasn’t that type of conversation, TG!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Bredabe

At the start of the lockdown I said to myself, now that I have a pair of strong shoulders to help me, I'm going to do this and that long procastraniated task.

Yesterday in what felt like the hottest day of the year I stared them and remembered why I put them off as they are so physical.

In the past two days, Ive gotten all but one(the scariest) finished.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Watching the SpaceX manned launch live, T+10 and it's all gone well. The first stage landed successfully on the drone ship, which is named Of Course I Still Love You. Why such a weird name? It's a tribute to the late SF author Iain M Banks, whose Culture novels included sentient spaceships with twisted senses of humour ... :D

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement

That first sip of tea in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I have re-claimed my estate! :D Not really, but I've lived here for most of my life, but I hadn't been on our green in many, many years.

This morning I went out to sit on a bench that I hadn't sat on in over 10 years, even though it's only 30 metres from my house. I used the time to try out a drone that I bought 2 years ago (but I lost the instructions...so not ideal).

Back in my day, we used to play football on the green (jumpers as goals) but nowadays the kids have shop-bought goalposts. Somehow, the goalposts are always left in the corner of the green outside my house, so this morning I went out and left them outside of the families who use them! :D If anybody saw me, I'm sure they would have said "Weirdo!". ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

5 neighbours brought out chairs to the front garden and we had a fabulous chat at 2 metres apart . Covid is a real bitch but it taught us a lot too .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Getting a successful response via email from Tesco customer services. 20 minutes on a Sunday morning!

My history here is back to normal

• Advertisement
Advertisement