Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Was having a look at the stats for Roches Point (nearest station to where I live).

Only 3 of 10 months have had mean temps lower than the LTA. Nov will almost certainly make that 3 of 11. We're surely due a cooler month at this stage!

927.4mm rain recorded so far, just 50mm below the LTA average with 6 and a half weeks to go. Should finish comfortably above.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

finally some brighter skies today after almost a continuous 4 day spell of rain, drizzle, mist and low hanging slate grey cloud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

No sign of any clearance here in wexford, constant damp drizzle. Is anyone else looking forward to spring already?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

No sign of any clearance here in wexford, constant damp drizzle. Is anyone else looking forward to spring already?

I wouldn't look forward to any time of year in Ireland if I were you, you're bound to be disappointed. Just take it a day at a time.
    Jesus or Allah or whoever controls this stuff will prob give us the worst spring in history after this years as revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

15°c in Kildare and some nice glimmers of sunshine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Billcarson

15.8c
    Spring has arrived early this year lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I wouldn't look forward to any time of year in Ireland if I were you, you're bound to be disappointed. Just take it a day at a time.
    Jesus or Allah or whoever controls this stuff will prob give us the worst spring in history after this years as revenge.

It's the old pagan god of Dubh Linn, Aahhereleavitouh, that controls the weather revenge thing. Cannot be placated either. A proper dirtbird of a god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

mcburns07 wrote: »
    Not in Cork :( mild grey muck AGAIN. I need to emigrate.

Yeah obviously you’re weather headed up the m8 to us it’s been grey and overcast since lunchtime and raining now. Quite breezy too. I know it’s typical November weather but I really feel since this lockdown started the weather has been bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Didn't expect today to be drizzly in Cork tbh, not sure why. It started to get dark around 2:30.

Some gusts of wind too

Wind has picked up a good bit here. Is one cold, clear sunny morning too much to ask for?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Wind has picked up a good bit here. Is one cold, clear sunny morning too much to ask for?

hopefully we might get a frost in December, any hints of cold don't even last more than 1 run, the mild just goes on and on so far. I think we will be waiting till the new year to get some cold, this relentless mild muck that's been here for almost a month is going to prove a very stubborn pest to shift.

Gonzo wrote: »
    hopefully we might get a frost in December, any hints of cold don't even last more than 1 run, the mild just goes on and on so far. I think we will be waiting till the new year to get some cold, this relentless mild muck that's been here for almost a month is going to prove a very stubborn pest to shift.

If the cold doesn't come until after christmas then it's no good for me. I'll take it obviously, but it's not the same as before Christmas. If only the atlantic weather wasn't so stubborn:rolleyes:

Gonzo wrote: »

I thought today was lovely, just back from a jog in the park and it was busy with people enjoying the mild calm evening. Is it only like this in Dublin?

Is it only like this in Dublin?
    Yes.

I thought today was lovely, just back from a jog in the park and it was busy with people enjoying the mild calm evening. Is it only like this in Dublin?

To me lovely at this time of year is bright and chilly with frosts at night. Temps of 16c just seems wrong.

Billcarson wrote: »
    To me lovely at this time of year is bright and chilly with frosts at night. Temps of 16c just seems wrong.

I can't remember it being cold and chilly in November or December in years and years, this is pretty normal

I can't remember it being cold and chilly in November or December in years and years, this is pretty normal

I'd hardly call 16c in nov normal. Not unheard of to be sure but not normal. Today was warmer then any day I recorded last month.

I dont expect nov to produce big cold spells but I do expect chilly weather at least somee of the time. With perhaps the odd cold shot Interspersed with milder days.

There have been plenty of times in the past we have had chilly weather in Nov and dec just nowadays less often.

One irony is that ever since the great cold spell of dec 2010 is that our Decembers have turned to s**t ever since for cold.

I've always associated November with clear skies and frost. maybe the odd wet day. Definitely not this warm and definitely not this dull. But that's the weather pattern we've been stuck in for basically the last 5 months.

Christmas day 2016 I think it got to 16c in Dublin. I think its great. I'm sure it'll be freezing soon enough though it always comes.

Came across a post by some poster from Norway over on net weather. Said this nov could end up the warmest on record there. The previous record warm nov there was in 2018. Depressing.......

• Advertisement

And it's only gonna get warmer as the years go on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Warm November is a good thing and is normal in this country...if we got cold now it would be too early and would be a waste...better to get it in December or January...hard to even get it in them months too though...but im sure we will get our usual storms before or after christmas anyway

my preferred time to get snow is December to 1st week of February, the ideal time for real depth of cold with a direct hit easterly, long nights and weak sunshine. Before December is too early most of the time unless something exceptional happens like in 2010 and once we get into February the chance of snow melt increases with each passing day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

It has been miserable really since last Saturday.

Today wasn't raining but still very damp all day.

Don't know why anyone would be giving at about it been warm in Nov!

I prefer rain + warm rather than rain + cold.

Its Nov we always get loads of rain regardless.

Just glad we had a nice week for 1st week.

appledrop wrote: »
    It has been miserable really since last Saturday.

Today wasn't raining but still very damp all day.

Don't know why anyone would be giving at about it been warm in Nov!

I prefer rain + warm rather than rain + cold.

Its Nov we always get loads of rain regardless.

Just glad we had a nice week for 1st week.

Aren't you up in Skerries or something? It was quite pleasant a bit further down the coast today anyway.
    But yes, it's either freezing and raining and windy or warm and raining and windy at this time of year, I know which I prefer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Breezy and warm 14.5 degrees in East Clare .
    Wind has really picked up the last 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Another dark drizzly day in Letterkenny, been a really poor month so far after a passable October. This is well on course to be one of the most forgettable and non-descript seasons I've experienced though, just seems to be a constant 12C and grey

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Cold front passing through Dublin now. Was 14.4c about an hour ago, now 10.8c in Dublin 16.

No change here this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

For those of you who thinks its been too warm you will be happy to know its now only 8 degrees but its still lashing.

That Nov for you dull + dreary.

Advertisement