Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did you start watching Breaking Bad?

Options
  • 03-11-2013 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I only started watching it in around August, and finished the series yesterday. I don't feel as apart of the show as other people who got to watch it live and as it went on. Oh well. When did you start watching it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

before anyone else............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

When I turned on the telly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭loveta

Hardly even heard of it and got net flix and watched the first episode the night before the finale was being aired some job making sure i did not hear/see/read spoilers watched the last episode there the other day totally addictive

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

I started watching it a few days after the finale. My boyfriend is on his third run of watching it with me & he is still hooked!

We're on season 5 now. I know how it ends because I was half-listening when he was watching it but Jesus the journey to the end is epic from the very start!

One of the many things i loved about it but dont hear many talk about it was the camera work/angles/takes, reminds me of the film "no country for old men" it was something similar and great as well watching love hate at the moment on the tv and i dont know if its lost its edge or if its me after watching breaking bad that iam harder pleased now!!

• Advertisement

loveta wrote: »
    One of the many things i loved about it but dont hear many talk about it was the camera work/angles/takes, reminds me of the film "no country for old men" it was something similar and great as well watching love hate at the moment on the tv and i dont know if its lost its edge or if its me after watching breaking bad that iam harder pleased now!!

I've not seen that film but I agree it's very well filmed. Have you watched Talking Bad on Netflix yet? It's great (yes I've watched them all while I didn't have a clue what was going on haha!) and there is some discussion around the filming/directing etc with Vince Gilligan.

Also, there are loads of interviews on YouTube where they talk about the filming side of the programme, one interview which I loved was with Charlie Rose, I can't link here sorry! It should be in the other thread of links & pictures.

I have all of love/hate to watch after I'm finished BrBa but like you I reckon I'll be comparing the two all the time & won't think it's any good!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

It doesn't matter when I started.. all that matters is I'm finished and now my life is empty :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Started about a month ago, finished in the early hours of this morning. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Started about 3 years ago, got the first series out of money I had left from christmas. Was the best money I ever spent, some of yous are lucky in a way that you didn't have that agonising wait between 5a and 5b that was horrible.

The pilot was leaked before airing and I picked it up then, loved it since.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Never heard of it until last week :-)

whupdedo wrote: »
    Never heard of it until last week :-)

ya dont know what your missing then :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,115 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Started watching it (2 or 3 episodes) when it was on the telly, couldn't get into it.

Figured so many people whose opinions I respected were raving about it, I'd give it another go. I'm now in the middle of series two.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

spurious wrote: »
    Started watching it (2 or 3 episodes) when it was on the telly, couldn't get into it.

Figured so many people whose opinions I respected were raving about it, I'd give it another go. I'm now in the middle of series two.

They've made a second series? :eek:*

*I'm always saying 'series' instead of 'season' too. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

I started about two weeks before the finale and binge watched it.

Then I watched it again at a more digestible pace, but I stopped mid season 5 because I can't stand WW.

I started about two weeks before the finale and binge watched it.

Then I watched it again at a more digestible pace, but I stopped mid season 5 because I can't stand WW.

What poor old walter???? Nooooooooooooo, fcuking jessie pinkman had my head fried by the end of it. Christ on a bike i sure would love to have given him a slap a several times through the series :mad::mad:

What poor old walter???? Nooooooooooooo, fcuking jessie pinkman had my head fried by the end of it. Christ on a bike i sure would love to have given him a slap a several times through the series :mad::mad:

LOL I love Jesse Pinkman. He has a lot of heart.

I couldn't wait for WW to die of cancer in S5.

LOL I love Jesse Pinkman. He has a lot of heart.

I couldn't wait for WW to die of cancer in S5.

I'm halfway through Season 5 now & sweet Jesus Walter has lost all my respect (if he had any in the first place being a meth manufacturer & all!) What a horrible horrible character he has turned into.

I've done several turnabouts regarding Jesse throughout the whole show & I agree with you that he has a lot of heart and certainly shows a lot more redeeming features than WW. I didn't always feel that way though, there were several times I did want to slap him too!

Great show, can't believe I've only 8 episodes left. Will defo be finished by Sunday night - sob!!!

Anniebell wrote: »
    I'm halfway through Season 5 now & sweet Jesus Walter has lost all my respect (if he had any in the first place being a meth manufacturer & all!) What a horrible horrible character he has turned into.

I've done several turnabouts regarding Jesse throughout the whole show & I agree with you that he has a lot of heart and certainly shows a lot more redeeming features than WW. I didn't always feel that way though, there were several times I did want to slap him too!

Great show, can't believe I've only 8 episodes left. Will defo be finished by Sunday night - sob!!!

Yes there were several times I wanted to slap Jesse too. Jesse had a big heart but he was vulnerable to being manipulated because he so desperately wanted a family and and approval. He turned to Mike and that other scumbag because they made him feel worthwhile. Jesse also came up with the ideas for how to conduct the train heist and the magnet for the evidence room.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Summer 2010.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

I only started watching it on Christmas day and finished the second series last night (Skylar left Walt/plane crash/pink teddy). The second series was darker than the first series and Walt definitely began to show a more sinister side. A friend gave me the first 2 series as box sets and I can't wait to get my hands on the third series or to find it somewhere online

Boots234 wrote: »
    I only started watching it on Christmas day and finished the second series last night (Skylar left Walt/plane crash/pink teddy). The second series was darker than the first series and Walt definitely began to show a more sinister side. A friend gave me the first 2 series as box sets and I can't wait to get my hands on the third series or to find it somewhere online

netflix has from S1-5 and you get the first month free ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

netflix has from S1-5 and you get the first month free ;)

Thanks. Can you cancel it after a month or do you need to sign up to a contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tafkapts

Boots234 wrote: »
    Thanks. Can you cancel it after a month or do you need to sign up to a contract?
    When you sign up for the free month you are automatically put on a monthly renewal but all you have to do is log into your netflix account straight away after setting it up and set the renewal to off and you're sorted. It'll just run till your month is up and then stop.

No you can cancel it but i never did some good stuff on it but lots or rubbish, one thing if i remember correctly the month is say today the 3rd you have to cancel either the 2nd maybe even the 1st of Feb or your into the second month other than but its only E5.99 or 6.99 a month so ya wont have to sell the place. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

Watched the first episode towards the end of 2011 but unfortunately a close family member was suffering from cancer at the same time so I stopped watching it as it was too uncomfortable.

I then started over watching it last summer. Fantastic show, on my 3rd run of watching it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

Whenever it started on TnaG

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

watched on netflix a month ago. finished up and all i can say is wow.

I dont watch TV series much as I hate waiting week to week, definetly the best TV I have ever seen, you really hate Walter and Jesse at times. I am more of a movie collector but I am going to buy this complete set on blu ray :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I started watching it well over a year ago, but couldn't get into it properly and abandoned it after watching the 1st Season.

My housemate started watching it and I'd pick up on little bits and pieces of seeing it. I also heard it touted as a brilliant piece of television.

So, I sat back down about 3/4 months ago and started again. Season 2 picked up the pace from the first, and once Season 3 started it just doesn't let up.

While I'm glad I missed out on that gap in the middle of Season 5, I regret not watching it sooner. I was able to binge watch it more than most, however.

A modern classic. Pure and simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Summer 2011 for me. I came home after a few months in Asia and one of my friends was watching it religiously on a loop.

I was in college when the 1st season aired so am a little surprised that none of my classmates directed me towards it considering the amount of tv shows they were downloading at the time.

Advertisement