Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did you start watching Breaking Bad?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

I began watching it in July, finished it at the end of August.

I did enjoy it but I had only just finished watching The Wire for the third time before I began Breaking Bad, so for me it was a little underwhelming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Watched it right from the pilot at the get go, I was looking for a Sopranos alternative at the time.

Wasn't that pushed on original viewing actually, which is nuts in retrospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Gyladene

When it first hit the air. I'm from Albuquerque, so we were all psyched about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just finished it now! Watched the last 4 episodes tonight.

To be honest, the first season or so was a bit of a slog at times but when they introduced Gus and the super lab it hit its stride for me.
    The end to that particular character was great - I was like "ah FFS!!" and then the camera pans around....

I really liked Mike as well and I have to admit,
    I didn't see them killing off Hank to be honest so that was a bit of a surprise!

If there was one let-down
    I'd say it was the start of season 5 which is actually the end of season 5. You knew that Walt was never going to get caught until the flashbacks caught up so even when it looks like it's game over in the desert with Hank, Jesse and Gomez, I still knew that he'd get out of it somehow!

Overall though it's a really great series! Starting on Better Call Saul tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Started watching after the second episode aired in the us. Used to go to a video streaming site and it popped up and I gave it a watch. Hooked from the beginning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Started watching in may 2012 when nobody really heard of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    Started watching in may 2012 when nobody really heard of it.

That was late enough. I started watching around that time too and by that stage my sister and my boyfriend has been watching it for a few years.

You're the worst hipster ever. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

I have just finished watching Breaking Bad. At first I was not going to watch it at all but I was encouraged to check it out. I found it was indecently good. No idea the story would develop the way it did. It had a great setting, characters and plot. Times it was bizarre and the drug scenes were disturbing to watch. I really enjoyed many aspects of the show.

I cannot say with great certainty what it is about the show exactly but it kind of resonates with how I think of America now. It does what Star Trek The Next Generation did in the 90's in so much as it depicts the 24th century very well, likewise Breaking Bad depicts Albuquerque enormously well. In any case it is definitely a great series. Very powerful scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Davan

We're on season 5 now. I know how it ends because I was half-listening when he was watching it but Jesus the journey to the end is epic from the very start!

Advertisement