Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did you start watching Breaking Bad?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Two weeks before it finished. Tried to time it so I'd be finished on the same day as most regular watchers. Finished it on the Wednesday though. Still, it was one of my best tv binge marathon experiences ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

watched series 1 this summer and just finished over xmas, what a trip!

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Watched a few episodes when it was first broadcast way back when (as my brother highly recommended it to me); but I stopped midway through the 1st season for some unknown reason :rolleyes:

I then started watching it in Sept/Oct 2013 amid all the hype of the series finishing up. I actually tried my best not to watch it all in one go and instead staggered the show over several weeks/months. All didn't go to plan however, as I watched the entire season 5 in the space of a week - finished up 2nd Jan 2014.......I'm still suffering withdrawal symptoms :(

Easily my favourite tv show of all time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Started last thursday thanks to netflix just finished it about an hour ago. Cant belive I took so long to watch it. It was brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

^^^^ Pretty much the same as that, only I finished two hours ago :P and now I don't know what to do with myself :( I've been very lucky. For someone who has made no effort to avoid spoilers, I hadn't read any. I was afraid this past week that I might read something that would ruin the ending. Thankfully my luck held.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    ^^^^ Pretty much the same as that, only I finished two hours ago :P and now I don't know what to do with myself :( I've been very lucky. For someone who has made no effort to avoid spoilers, I hadn't read any. I was afraid this past week that I might read something that would ruin the ending. Thankfully my luck held.

Same as myself .. just finished watching literally 1 hour ago ..managed to avoid all spoilers etc ..

fantastic series to watch .. now what will i do with myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Same as myself .. just finished watching literally 1 hour ago ..managed to avoid all spoilers etc ..

fantastic series to watch .. now what will i do with myself :D

watch it again, thats what I will be doing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

tafkapts wrote: »
    When you sign up for the free month you are automatically put on a monthly renewal but all you have to do is log into your netflix account straight away after setting it up and set the renewal to off and you're sorted. It'll just run till your month is up and then stop.

I have signed up for the free month on Netflix, if you don't cancel before the month is up are you then tied into a contract for a period of time before you can cancel with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭loveta

Boots234 wrote: »
    I have signed up for the free month on Netflix, if you don't cancel before the month is up are you then tied into a contract for a period of time before you can cancel with them?

NO just one month at a time AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Started watching 2 weeks ago and finished 1 hour ago.
    Unreal is the only way i can describe it.
    Never have i been so drawn in by a story,I have sympathy for Walt right to the end which does really not make any since considering all he done.

And to think i thought this series must be hyped up,If anything it may be under rated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

I started watching it in 2010 (I think). I was Talking up Dexter to a friend when he said that I should try Breaking Bad. So went to laser and rented it and to be honest I was like, WTF, this isnt all that good. There was a lot of domestic crap at the start, Skyler breaking Walt's balls 24/7 and his son just annoyed the hell out of me. But I did like the Walt/Jesse dynamic so I stuck with it and it got awesome after that. It was one of those shows that started off slow but got better and better as things went on, and theres not many shows that can do that. They usually start off well and fizzzle out so its a testament to everybody involved with BB that it bucked the trend. I have a friend who has Netflix and started watching BB about 3 weeks ago and finished it before me, which feels kind of strange, I dunno if you can fully appreciate a show like this by watching it over such a short space of time.

Just finished the last episode last night and I have to say those last 8 episodes were of seriously high quality, perfect ending. Anyway I think people will be watching BB in 30 yrs time. Its like a Led Zeppelin album, its of such high quality and standard that new generations will like it as much as past ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

^^^ I was the same as you. I heard so many good things about the show I decided to give it a go. I watched the first couple of episodes and it didn't grab my attention so I gave up. I was bored over Christmas so decided to watch another few and I ended up addicted! It definitely gets better as it goes on. I'm actually glad I left it so long as I got to watch it all and didn't have to wait between seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Just finished watching the whole set, maybe the hype had me expecting better,Thought it was ok,maybe in a few weeks I will watch it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Christmas. Even though my boss told me about it at the start, I watched the trailer and didn't think much.

How wrong I was. Just finished. Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Breaking bad. Sounds like a loud foul fart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Shred

I started in April '09, when FX started showing it, having been intrigued by the trailer. Then for some reason they didn't continue showing it after season one! I'm really glad I got to watch it that way as each season brought great unexpected surprises and the edge of the seat drama stakes were upped season on season. I've been re-watching it again since I got the barrel box set for Chrimbo and I'm really enjoying it as there's lots of little bits I'd forgotten, even though it's probably my 3rd run through overall (it's been a couple of years since I last saw the first two seasons).
    Lots of people are coming to it now with huge expectations because of all the hype and some just don't get it, which is a terrible shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Just finished yesterday -started December 2013 - cant wait for Better Call Saul.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Started last Saturday, just finished season 2 tonight, get through about two episodes a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Started about 3 and a half weeks ago and just finished it there. Decent way to use my Netflix trial! :pac:

Now I can wear this t-shirt without worrying about people asking me what I thought of BB.

28486.jpg

****ing loved it will be my answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I started watching it the day off the finale. I said I wouldnt watch it for a while but was afraid of it being ruined for me so only had to stay off social networks for around 2 weeks :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Started watching in the middle of February and just finished it tonight, I know some people watched it all as quickly as possible, but after two episodes in a row my attention span was shot to pieces and I took more of it in watching two episodes a day and also I wanted to make last awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Started in May, finished about 2 weeks ago. World Cup got in the way, but ended up watching 3 or 4 episodes a night. Amazing show

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

I started watching it back in 2013 when it was on TG4. I wouldn't normally watch TG4 otherwise. I started on the episode where Walter White takes the decision to shave off his hair. Realising how far behind I was (Season 5 was finished by then), I decided to sign up to Netflix to get up to speed. Having done that and watched it to the very end means that I don't have to avoid any spoilers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I watched after season 4. Watched the first 4 seasons back to back in a couple of days. Then as if magic, season 5 hit a few days after that. great timing. Glad I caught the shows final season in real time. You get a special feeling when that hapens, being able to secualte and talk openly with friends about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Started end of May, got interrupted by World Cup but had 2 weeks off early July so in second week I watched from Season 3-5 as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Started 2 weeks ago. Finished last night. Still trying to take it all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

1st episode tonight. Unfortunatly not be able to watch it as quick as I would like

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MissDaytona

Started watching it @ the end of July and finished it mid-August, easily one of my favourite TV shows ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭con___manx1

loveta wrote: »
    Hardly even heard of it and got net flix and watched the first episode the night before the finale was being aired some job making sure i did not hear/see/read spoilers watched the last episode there the other day totally addictive

I watched it on netflix too. Watched all the seasons in 5/6 weeks. One day I watched 4 episodes ; )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Finaly convinced herself to watch it. It'snow my 5th time watching from the start and I'm still picking up new stuff of interest

Advertisement