Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Datalex... wow :eek: More to drop I would imagine. Did Mr. Kennedy know what was going on before he jumped ship late last year? Burning through their cash, you'd wonder have they ever made any money?

Seen an article by Moneybags in the Phoenix magazine Jan 25 2018 regarding Datalex.

Title :- DATALEX INVESTORS EXPERIENCE SERIOUS TURBULENCE

he goes on to detail some of the unusual account practices they were using and surmises

"Major question marks hang over its accounting tactics which have significantly added to what looks like an overvaluation of the shares”

Looks like he got it, bang on :rolleyes:

I love a bargain better than the next guy, and when a share falls by 60% in one day I normally see re-bound possibilities ...but I will be steering clear of these guys until the auditors report back. This could be a complete shiite sandwich :cool:

On a completely different note anybody watching C&C ...up 23% in the last 2 & a half weeks. Something definitely going on.

Matthew Clark aquisition in 2018 is going really well apparently.... Year end is Feb ...results some time in April... they will be very good if not spectacular. Directors in the market buying the shares themselves (always a good sign)...and big fat 4.5% dividend to put the icing on the cake.

Risk is Brexit and Sterling jitters... but as I've said before on here, that will get sorted sooner or later and people will continue getting gargled :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

a complete shiite sandwich :cool:

Well whatever Datalex had for lunch they fairly stank up the joint today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

A40 traded last night on ASX, probably Monday night as well. Down almost 12% though to $AUD 0.225 :(

I suppose a bit of a negative correction to start with was inevitable due to the large number of shares that would be sloushing around waiting to be sold after the merger ....so this correction is strictly a technical overhang thing that will be sorted out after a few trading sessions. I wonder in fact is this a good time to buy some more ?
    It'll be the star of the Share Picks 2020 thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭scheister

Seen an article by Moneybags in the Phoenix magazine Jan 25 2018 regarding Datalex.

Title :- DATALEX INVESTORS EXPERIENCE SERIOUS TURBULENCE

he goes on to detail some of the unusual account practices they were using and surmises

"Major question marks hang over its accounting tactics which have significantly added to what looks like an overvaluation of the shares”

Looks like he got it, bang on :rolleyes:

I love a bargain better than the next guy, and when a share falls by 60% in one day I normally see re-bound possibilities ...but I will be steering clear of these guys until the auditors report back. This could be a complete shiite sandwich :cool:

I have gone at €1.05 with some loose money i had lying in my account. I dont see the price going much lower but at the price any sort of a semi decent rebound and i am happy. If it goes back to likes of €1.50/60 in medium term it would not be odd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Tempted to buy in myself but I am going to wait for the auditors to complete their audit. I expect the share price to tank further when we find out the extent of their dodgy accounting and reporting practices. They have burnt through a significant portion of their cash reserves already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

In at 1.04 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Tempted to buy in myself but I am going to wait for the auditors to complete their audit. I expect the share price to tank further when we find out the extent of their dodgy accounting and reporting practices. They have burnt through a significant portion of their cash reserves already.

It reminds me a little of DIA supermarkets in Spain down 90% in a year.
    Poor results were portrayed as postive and reality caught up a few months ago
    and poor management exposed. It dropped to about 80c and didn't bounce back, down to around 46c now from about 4€ a year ago.

In at 1.04 myself.

Out at 1.18 for a 13.5% gain. Not bad for a days work. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭scheister

Out at 1.18 for a 13.5% gain. Not bad for a days work. :pac:

up to 1.25 a share now

• Advertisement

scheister wrote: »
    up to 1.25 a share now

It I hadn't sold it would be 0.95 haha. Took that one for the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

It I hadn't sold it would be 0.95 haha. Took that one for the team.

Martyr :pac:

scheister wrote: »
    up to 1.25 a share now

€1.30 now. Fair play to anyone who had the cajhones to jump in on Tuesday at €1. Maybe a good time to bail out now with a 30% profit :cool:

Market seems to be taking a fairly benign view of the Financial gymnastics going on at Datalex. PWC is the auditor they have announced. Seeing as they are working on the Datalex dime ...whats the chances that the report will conclude with "Nothing untoward to see here folks, move on" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Aren't PWC being sued on multiple fronts due to their auditing practices during the financial crash? They also stand over their audits of BOI, AIB etc, during the same time frame. :rolleyes:

I will have to check the volume of shares being traded. Is this a group pushing up the price to mask further problems?
    Fair play though if you jumped in at 1 eur.

Aren't PWC being sued on multiple fronts due to their auditing practices during the financial crash? They also stand over their audits of BOI, AIB etc, during the same time frame. :rolleyes:

I will have to check the volume of shares being traded. Is this a group pushing up the price to mask further problems?
    Fair play though if you jumped in at 1 eur.

The reputation of financial auditors in general is dirt.

Didn't take a punt on Datalex myself. I lost my shirt on Aryzta and have learnt my lesson regarding catching falling knives :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

UK Regulators, Lawmakers Get Tough on ‘Poor Performance’ of Big 4 Auditing Firms

https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/international/2018/06/19/492655.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nortus

Thoughts on Flybe.L? Been watching it since the recent mammoth fall of 90%. Bought a nice chunk of stock yesterday morning and it was up 33% at close yesterday and up another 10% so far today. Although the company is in possible difficulty longterm (depending on brexit, 2nd round of funding, operating licences etc) but short term it seems to be way over sold. Scope for an increase of at least 40-50% over the next week IMHO..

Back in on Ryanair at 9.85 after profit warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Nortus wrote: »
    Thoughts on Flybe.L? Been watching it since the recent mammoth fall of 90%. Bought a nice chunk of stock yesterday morning and it was up 33% at close yesterday and up another 10% so far today. Although the company is in possible difficulty longterm (depending on brexit, 2nd round of funding, operating licences etc) but short term it seems to be way over sold. Scope for an increase of at least 40-50% over the next week IMHO..

Well done Nortus, I know nothing about them but that is a fabulous return in a couple of days, up 25% today. It might be worth taking out profit, you could get your initial investment back and still have significant stock, effectively free. With that sort of volatility there may be a chance to do a bit of short term trading as well. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Back in on Ryanair at 9.85 after profit warning.

I'd expect this to pay off longer term

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Brave man.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Supercell wrote: »
    Staying away from UK/Irl stocks until Brexit has sorted itself out unless something seems extreme value.

My picks for the new year:

NOK, was $5.57 at close 03/01 (no current holdings, currently trading in an upwards channel with strong prospects, particularly in 5G space), looking for an entry around $5.40)

MU was $31.00 at close 03/01 (bought some at xmas at $29.01) - long term hold, memory prices low and expected to remain until second half this year, 3D XPoint looks very interesting. Market may have oversold to current levels. $31 area held strongly yesterday despite AAPL (which is a major customer) approx 10% fall.

UNFI was $11.00 at close 03/01, previously bought at $9.98 and sold (mistakenly) at $10.35, looking for reentry on this (technical analysis based), monitoring, may to have bottomed out as massive volume spike at last drop, fundamentals look solid seems to have be wildly oversold (IMO)

CLF ($7.63 at close 03/01), TA shows it trading in a downward channel since September however that channel is close to the longer term upward trend line (since 2016), Trump's dealings with China may well have a big bearing on it, from a TA point of view its interesting to watch.

Overall a lot will depend on the orange faced one's antics this year of course.

NOK, was $5.57 at close 03/01 - Currently $6.10 (didn't get a chance to enter, still watching)
    MU was $31.00 at close 03/01 - Currently $34.06 (was >$36 a short while ago, holding)
    UNFI was $11.00 at close 03/01 - Hit $15.58 two days ago, currently $12.90, should have stayed in...
    CLF ($7.63 at close 03/01) - Bought at that price, $9.15 currently, will watch like a hawk around $9.50 for an exit or may just sell and sleep easy!

Happy so far. Biggest missed opportunity was UNFI, perfect technical setup and fell exactly at my TA zone, shoulda-wudda-coulda, hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

Currently eyeing up CLDR ($12.58), see short term resistance at $12.93 and around $14 with a target of $18.80

JD looks interesting too, but am a bit on the fence for now. Stock looks to have bottomed and has a possible triangle suggesting an upwards pop. Currently $22.41, think i'll wait to see if it fills the gap from Jan 14th before making a decision.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Tesla down 14%, tempted to take small position 5 minutes before the bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nortus

Cheers. It's up 130% since the other day which is great. Up 45% so far today. It will go way further. Action taken by shareholders will actually further increase the SP but slight fear is if it gets suspended it would not be good. Rollercoaster few days ahead I suppose
    Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Well done Nortus, I know nothing about them but that is a fabulous return in a couple of days, up 25% today. It might be worth taking out profit, you could get your initial investment back and still have significant stock, effectively free. With that sort of volatility there may be a chance to do a bit of short term trading as well. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

What are ye all holding now?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

What are ye all holding now?

I want to say 'my lad' for all the worth degiro is to me at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Microsoft
    Porsche
    Walt Disney
    Peugeot
    Ryanair
    Hive

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Atlassian
    Alibaba
    Ryanair
    Baozun
    Hive
    Twitter
    Avis

Atlassian is the golden child

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

retalivity wrote: »
    Atlassian is the golden child

What's this now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

beertons wrote: »
    What's this now?

Collabarative software company, best known for JIRA. In and out from around $40 a year ago, currently at $90. I think it will be a major acquisition in the next few years, would be perfect for msft, so will keep my toes in

Advertisement