Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Share Picks 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Reading up about Cannabis stocks and took a punt on ACB and APHA last Friday, already up over 10%, bonkers!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Doubled down on Ryanair at 10.88. Results not terrible. BEP now 10.40.

They weren't terrible but can't see much more gains this side of brexit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    They weren't terrible but can't see much more gains this side of brexit

Happy enough to sit for now anyway.

Current holdings:

AAPL
    RGSE
    HIVE
    AVEO
    ILMN
    GM
    Ryanair
    SBUX
    NIO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Supercell wrote: »
    Reading up about Cannabis stocks and took a punt on ACB and APHA last Friday, already up over 10%, bonkers!

Welcome to the rollercoaster. I'm up 300% odd (small investment) between the big 4. Acb canopy aphria organigram . But in it for the very long haul and not buying any more.
    I think it's an international game at this stage so do your research if you are going to buy in any more. I reckon there'll be more dips to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Welcome to the rollercoaster. I'm up 300% odd (small investment) between the big 4. Acb canopy aphria organigram . But in it for the very long haul and not buying any more.
    I think it's an international game at this stage so do your research if you are going to buy in any more. I reckon there'll be more dips to come.
    What little ads I see online, most have lads in sharp suits advising people to buy weed stocks ...even my father was talking about them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

vargoo wrote: »
    What little ads I see online, most have lads in sharp suits advising people to buy weed stocks ...even my father was talking about them!

Ya it's a bit like the dotcom or Bitcoin frenzy... but at the same time the main companies are producing/selling/heading towards profit.

Doubled down on Ryanair at 10.88. Results not terrible. BEP now 10.40.

Probably my best trade of the year so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Davy StockBrokers released a research note on their client, Kenmare Resources yesterday. Kenmare are mining for titanium in Mozambique. Davy reckon its massively underpriced at €2.50 on the ISEQ...and this doesn't reflect the fact that they have brought the mine to production. They have a target of €6. Thats a whopping 140% upside for believers :-o

Personally it does indeed look undervalued ...but exploration stocks are getting a kicking worldwide at the moment, soo it might be a mid or long term play

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Davy StockBrokers released a research note on their client, Kenmare Resources yesterday. Kenmare are mining for titanium in Mozambique. Davy reckon its massively underpriced at €2.50 on the ISEQ...and this doesn't reflect the fact that they have brought the mine to production. They have a target of €6. Thats a whopping 140% upside for believers :-o

Personally it does indeed look undervalued ...but exploration stocks are getting a kicking worldwide at the moment, soo it might be a mid or long term play

Broker notes are not worth the paper they are printed on, goodbody put a 40 euro price target on crh last summer when it was at 30, it dropped 30%. Afterwards

Broker notes are not worth the paper they are printed on, goodbody put a 40 euro price target on crh last summer when it was at 30, it dropped 30%. Afterwards

I don't disagree with you. But maybe an interesting one to keep on the backburner watchlist all the same.

incidently CRH in the news today and sp has taken a good jump.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/0206/1027818-crh-shareholding/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Unsurprisingly Davy is listed on the Kenmare site as one of their 3 stockbrokers.
    https://www.kenmareresources.com/investors/shareholder-information/advisers-and-registrars

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Unsurprisingly Davy is listed on the Kenmare site as one of their 3 stockbrokers.
    https://www.kenmareresources.com/investors/shareholder-information/advisers-and-registrars

Davy StockBrokers released a research note on their client, Kenmare Resources

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Probably my best trade of the year so far.

I didn't manage to get mine down that low. BEP is 12.09. Bought a good few more when it was around 10 to bring it down to that. Was only getting started when they were around 16. Will only buy more if they drop again with Brexit but the news of O'Leary staying on and the restructuring has given it a bounce.

Currently 11.67 so not too far from breaking even. Didn't think it'd happen so quickly.

Wheety wrote: »
    I didn't manage to get mine down that low. BEP is 12.09. Bought a good few more when it was around 10 to bring it down to that. Was only getting started when they were around 16. Will only buy more if they drop again with Brexit but the news of O'Leary staying on and the restructuring has given it a bounce.

Currently 11.67 so not too far from breaking even. Didn't think it'd happen so quickly.

I reckon we will see close to 14 again before end q2 so I'm hanging around for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Providence Resources creeping up the last few weeks, almost nudging its 1 year high. Have sell order of everything in at €0.20 which was what it opened at this morning but no takers yet. stand to make a few bob at that price which I may either punt on weed or be sensible and try get my Ryanair BEP down from €16

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭littlevillage

I don't disagree with you. But maybe an interesting one to keep on the backburner watchlist all the same.

incidently CRH in the news today and sp has taken a good jump.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/0206/1027818-crh-shareholding/

That announcement seems to have put the afterburners on CRH sp. Up 5% today. But still only approaching my €28 BEP point now (shows how bad a 6 months they have had) :rolleyes:

Providence Resources creeping up the last few weeks, almost nudging its 1 year high. Have sell order of everything in at €0.20 which was what it opened at this morning but no takers yet. stand to make a few bob at that price which I may either punt on weed or be sensible and try get my Ryanair BEP down from €16

Fair play captain

and a lot of people on the Share Picks 2018 thread guffawed when I (and somebody else) suggested Providence might be a good place to throw a bit of spare change. Got in and out myself last year and was waiting, waiting, waiting for it to go down to 11c for a buy in again but it never did :(

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

There's just no volume moving providence though, looking on the lse trades it's so quiet. Could see a lot of manipulation. The an taisce survey challenge put a downer on it. Also with drilling far away so I think it will fall back. Hopefully an rns with survey approval and maybe some other farmouts might change things. Maybe get more mug punters on board with more media coverage. Its gambling a binary bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

There's just no volume moving providence though, looking on the lse trades it's so quiet. Could see a lot of manipulation. The an taisce survey challenge put a downer on it. Also with drilling far away so I think it will fall back. Hopefully an rns with survey approval and maybe some other farmouts might change things. Maybe get more mug punters on board with more media coverage. Its gambling a binary bet.
    Yea I have just under 1500 shares locked and loaded with a sell order at the market price since about10am this morning. Haven't shifted

That announcement seems to have put the afterburners on CRH sp. Up 5% today. But still only approaching my €28 BEP point now (shows how bad a 6 months they have had) :rolleyes:

Crh is below where it was in 2007, its a dividend payer, like smurfit kappa, no real growth

• Advertisement

Big drop with TTWO today, picked up a few just now.

Crh is below where it was in 2007, its a dividend payer, like smurfit kappa, no real growth

Interesting observation. CRH fell from a high of €35 in 2007 to a low of € 11 in 2011. As cyclicals I wonder would both now also be close to their highs again given that we are arguably at the top of another Economic cycle?

(I currently hold a nice bit of CRH and a small few Smurfit shares)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

From the other thread a few months ago:
    Atlassian @78
    Alibaba @140

Currently $103 & $170, will cash a few of them out. Also got skyworks around the same time for $65, sold out today at $82 after earnings. Where to go now???

Took my NIO profits, great day at the races. Still long with a decent holding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    SAN.MC €4.10 (Target €4.51)
    BUR.L £15.78 (Target £17.36)
    MONC.MI €28.37 (Target €31.21)
    RYA €10.41 (Target €11.46)
    VOO $224.50 (Target $246.95)

Four out of five in now

MONC.MI €28.37 (Target €31.21) - Reached €31.67 9/1/2019 - now €34.21
    BUR.L £15.78 (Target £17.36) - Reached £18.08 today 24/1/2019 - now £18.66
    RYA €10.41 (Target €11.46) - Closed €11.56 today 6/2/2019
    VOO $224.50 (Target $246.95) - Closed $250.79 today 6/2/2019

Just one to go now, the dream of lolling in a hammock sipping a Carribean Stallion on La Plage Du Maui lives on!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Ya cute hoor! Did you sell them right once they hit target sp?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

cefh17 wrote: »
    Ya cute hoor! Did you sell them right once they hit target sp?

No I haven't sold any yet, tempted to (and probably will) sell some MONC, I have them a few years and have made a tidy profit, probably should have made that decision in the middle of last year but cest la vie, the sp flip flops a bit so if I sell some I would be looking at an opportunity to get back in if there is a drop. Something similar for BUR.

I expect to be holding VOO indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

all 8 of my stocks down right now, down 2.5% overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Pussyhands wrote: »
    all 8 of my stocks down right now, down 2.5% overall.

Horrible day here too, all down except TTWO thanks to InstaSte mentioning its drop yesterday so I took a punt in that.
    Can't all be green days!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Got in myself at 92.50 Missed out the last time it was tipped.
    Big drop with TTWO today, picked up a few just now.

Advertisement