Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vampire Diaries - Season 2 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I wonder just how much Caroline told Matt. Did she tell him about everything or just what's happened between her and him? Does she even know the truth about Vicki? Either way aligning himself with Sheriff Mom against the vamps will no doubt end in death for one or both. I can't help feel though that if Matt knew the danger Elena was in that he might not be so quick to be on the sheriff's side.

You're right, I hadn't thought of that. It did cut to the end of the discussion and we don't know who specifically was mentioned. I'm assuming Matt now knows that his sister was made into a vampire ("I'm all alone!" he bemoaned at one stage), but does he know by whom and what the circumstances surrounding it were? It makes sense that Caroline would leave out any mention of Elena and the Salvatores just in case Matt got any grandiose notions of vengeance.
    It would be interesting to have a competant law enforcer next season. Maybe someone like Alaric when he first showed up. Someone who's carrying a personal grudge but TWIST!! this time it's against Stefan and not Damon. That would keep Elena involved without having her in mortal danger like she has been all bloody year.

I'd love to see that. I too am getting a little bit browned off with the constant damsel in distressiness.
    As for Katherine, you're right. If they have to kill her off they better give her the respect she deserves. That feckin' Rose one got a whole episode dedicated to her death, Katherine deserves a whole season dedicated to her dying.

Completely agreed. If they don't show her character this respect I foresee mucho backlash from the Katherine devotees, of which there seem to be many!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Elena's damsel in distress thing is made that much worse by Katherine's awesomness. You can't help but compare them. Funny thing is Elena isn't even that bad as far as damsels in distress go. Last season she was kind of a bad ass but since Katherine's been around and every effort Elena makes to do something for herself is thwarted by her bodyguards, it makes her seem very helpless. I need to see her knife someone or have it turn out that she's had her own secret plans going on behind everyone's backs if I am to forsake Katherine for the lesser doppelgangar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I dunno, it could be either way but it seemed pretty genuine with bringing her to the grave, saying that her human part was left there and that she was sorry Elena only saw the other side. The guy on the phone just said to let Elena go, and then Isobel pulled it off. It seemed she was upset with how she'd acted and for how she'd treat her own family.

Since we were on the topic of (potential) Klaus casualties, we also asked Plec whether Isobel set herself ablaze willingly or under compulsion last week. “I love that people debate it, because I think it’s actually fun to think of either way, but very deliberately, we used the same language as in episode 115, with the guy that got hit by the bus,” she says. “At the end of each of them, the person who’s been compelling them says, ‘Okay, you’re done,’ and they say, ‘I’m done’ like they’re grateful. So it’s a compulsion like a suicide bomber. I have done the task that I was compelled to do, and now my reason for existence is over. So we deliberately echoed that same language to imply that her death had been written in the cards by Klaus already. Why I loved Isobel taking [Elena] to the cemetery and finding a work-around her compulsion, where she’s not allowed to say anything, is she was able to apologize for not being a good mother and to give Elena that before she did what she had to do. If anything, Isobel in death was able to give Elena a tiny bit of closure.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/11/vampire-diaries-alaric-klaus-twist/

My laptop has kicked the bucket and since UPC have stopped broadcasting ITV2 I have no idea when I'll see the rest of this season :(

So if I'm absent from this thread for a while that's why. It's not me boycotting the show in protest of Katherine's probable death. :)

• Advertisement

HUGE SPOILERS for tonights ep. -->

:eek::eek:
    SOMEONE DIES
    :eek::eek:

Any guesses? [in spoilers] ....'citing!....totally stoaked for tonights onslaught! ;)

:D

Another average offering, i KNEW the Bonnie death was a fakeout!....called that early on...blah!, wtf....really wanted that drip to die!
    Damon line dancing?...oh yeah! :-)
    Klaric bustin' a move?...funny!

Not a great ep. tbh, Alaric as Klaus dosen't instill much fear or dread, and how did Alaric enter Elena's new house?....shouldn't she have needed to invite him in?, i guess they'd say Alaric is possessed and not a vamp, still think it was an oversight.

Pretty much a filler ep. until Klaus turns up, at least Elijah is unstaked...now he's scary!

Agree with you there Richard. I was very much looking forward to this episode, thinking it would be chockablock action and wall to wall dismembered limbs. What we got was some very questionable dance moves, beehives and bloody (literally) Bonnie.

Jeremy annoyed me in this episode. I'm sorry, but in a toss up between saving your new girlfriend and your sister, your sister wins. Not a nice situation to be in to be sure, but come off it. Jeremy constantly reminds me of the pimply, possibly pre-pubescent adolescent that feels aggrieved for being left out but in the grand scheme of things brings nothing to the table.

Klaric failed to put the heebies up me. I await more sadistic mayhem. Klaus has been built up so much to be this evil lunatic, but the only cruelty we've really seen so far is him compelling Katherine to stab herself repeatedly in the thigh. What a wasted scene for Ms. Dobrev; she can do so much more. Let's hope we get to see it.

I did like the final scene though. Elena, taking matters into her own hands and unstabbing Elijah. Remnants almost of Katherine there with the determination for preservation, though it's not preservation for herself, it's for the ones she loves. Next!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

If anything this episode convinced me I'd be very happy with any single one of the cast biting it. They're all expendable. Bonnie's 'death' was such a beeping cop out. Who honestly didn't see that coming?

My hitlist - Bonnie/Jeremy/Matt/Sherrif Mom/John......we need an epic culling!!!!!

• Advertisement

First look of present day Klaus :
    http://www.tvline.com/2011/04/vampire-diaries-spoilers-klaus/
    JMorgan_Klaus_500110414094820.jpg

His hair makes me sad. I much preferred the flashback style.

My hitlist - Bonnie/Jeremy/Matt/Sherrif Mom/John......we need an epic culling!!!!!

I'd be happy with all them dying, with the exception of Jonathan Gilbert. Dave Anders <3

DeWitt wrote: »
    I'd be happy with all them dying, with the exception of Jonathan Gilbert. Dave Anders <3

Aahhh, how I loved him as Sark and Josef. I'd even take Adam Monroe at this stage. <3

^ as someone mentioned in that article, i also *just* saw him in Ben Hur....he wasn't amazing but he wasn't bad either. His performance was adequate for the part, but no Emmy wins if you get what i mean.

Tbh....me seeing him in Ben Hur does NOT instill me with the idea Klaus will be the scariest and deadliest vamp ever. Elijah fills that role imo!!

Tbh....me seeing him in Ben Hur does NOT instill me with the idea Klaus will be the scariest and deadliest vamp ever. Elijah fills that role imo!!

I liked/like Elijah too. He had that oldwordly evil thing going on. I like that. He was obviously evil, but he had nice table manners too.

DeWitt wrote: »
    First look of present day Klaus :
    http://www.tvline.com/2011/04/vampire-diaries-spoilers-klaus/
    JMorgan_Klaus_500110414094820.jpg

His hair makes me sad. I much preferred the flashback style.

His hair is identical to that seen in Ben Hur, will he have the English accent or American like Klaric?....that p!ssed me off last night :mad:
    The previous ep. we saw Klaric speaking Bulgarian/Russian type....then next ep. Klaric is all preppy Americano :rolleyes:

His hair is identical to that seen in Ben Hur, will he have the English accent or American like Klaric?....that p!ssed me off last night :mad:
    The previous ep. we saw Klaric speaking Bulgarian/Russian type....then next ep. Klaric is all preppy Americano :rolleyes:

I gigglesnorted at that, at the end of the last episode he went all Count Chocula, with his "Katerina, I haf misst yoo." No sign of it in the latest episode though, maybe it ran away with Jeremy's balls.

Finally got to see this weeks episode. Was a bit of a let down I guess in that we've been waiting for Klaus to show up for so long and then all he did was play a request for Elena.
    Still, important things, Katherine is still alive and if he drags out her death for 250 years I'm OK with that. Although in next weeks promo she's dancing around drinking so she seems to be doing OK :D

Bonnie's "death". Was kind of hoping it was real, but at least she's trapped in a house for the foreseeable future, and has Jeremy down there with her. Oh how I wanted Klaus' minions to kill Jeremy too. How much do you wanna bet that the people we actually want to see die will still be alive and kicking next season and those we love will be dust :(

Poor Matty Blue Eyes, they let him in on the secret, give him his own secret and still he has nothing to do :(

Extended promo for next week:

Is anyone else getting the idea that Klaus and Elijah might've been related? Or that there was a similar situation with them as there was with Damon/Stefan/Katherine? Some of the stuff they say in the flashbacks in that promo all sounds very familiar.

P.S. How funny is the product placement in this show :) It's so terrible and out of place that I have to wonder are they making it that way on purpose. I remember them being really obvious about something on 30 Rock before. They basically had Jack and Liz have a conversation about something while constantly looking at the camera and Liz finished it with "now give us our money!!"
    Are they trying to be like that on TVD or are they just really bad at working in the stuff? I know all American shows do it but it's just too funny on this show. Jeremy's MyFi was brilliant. Not quite as good as them using Caroline's ipad to order pizza but a close second.

^ or Caroline's talking Ford car :-) ^ the product placement got a bit of a pasting on DS from the fans this week, good crack reading the thread :-)

It'll never outshine the product placement for Dr. Pepper on 90210 though!

One word to describe this episode......EPIC, or the modern lingo......O.M.G.!! :D
    Haha!....what a brilliant line from Williamson/Plec when the reveal of the brothers was revealed, Elijah throws out an OMG to describe the bombshell....... :p

Lots of twists, reveals and action in that ep., jam packed as usual....Daniel Giles is FAR better an actor/screen presence then Joseph Morgan/Klaus....far better!

I was never once scared of Klaus, a pretty boy who needs to have his locks chopped down. Soo many interesting dynamics in that ep. especially between Stefan and Elena, the brothers fighting between themselves, that'll run.

Lots of history and info, no moon curse, all a bluff....on the show or a bluff pulled on the fans for an entire season?. :mad:

Top notch tv!

• Advertisement

Have to say I was kind of disappointed by that episode. Everything that Elijah revealed to Elena I had already figured out. I mean the moonstone thing was obviously not real. If anybody took two minutes to Bing the Aztec civilization they'd have figured out that it didn't make sense in terms of time line. Or if they thought about it why on earth would a vampire spend hundreds of years trying to break a spell that would achieve something a gaudy blue ring whipped up by a witch in about a minute would've achieved?

Sometimes I think they're all so dumb that they deserve to die. :)

I do wonder was that they're plan all along, or was it a case of so many people pointing out how little sense it made that they then had to try and fix it. It was quite clever how they managed to do that, but I will be glad to see the end of that stupid bloody rock in a few weeks.

I was glad to see Stefan grow some back bone, and for them to finally address the fact that Damon loves Elena out loud. They always avoid the actual issue even though everyone's happy to use it to manipulate Damon into doing what they want on a weekly basis. I was also glad to see Damon have a back bone and walk away from them all. I'm sure his rogue attitude will backfire in a major way before the finale but for now it's nice to see some of the old Damon back.

All episodes are made better by dancing (except episodes set at a dance) more of that please. So glad to see Katherine still alive and Damon kind of trying to help her stay that way. I won't hold my breath for her seeing season 3, but fingers crossed :D

Nina obrev was great in this ep. - Jenna, bless her...she was really shocked finding everything out. I had wondered by happened to Andie Starr...then she pops up, i was totally expecting her to get the neck snapped in that ep.

I think Katherine will escape and pop up now and again. Who i wonder was the doppleganger of Katherine?....i mean the original girl Elijah fell for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Nina obrev was great in this ep. - Jenna, bless her...she was really shocked finding everything out. I had wondered by happened to Andie Starr...then she pops up, i was totally expecting her to get the neck snapped in that ep.

I think Katherine will escape and pop up now and again. Who i wonder was the doppleganger of Katherine?....i mean the original girl Elijah fell for?

The original girl was Katherine. Elijah had fell for her, that's how she escaped as far as I can tell.. She must have got turned after that, ie: she was the original doppelganger, then she got turned, so a new doppleganger had to be born to replace her as she couldn't be used as she was no longer human!

^ right, ok....but then that means Katherine was a clone/lookalike for someone else....ergo, who was the ORIGINAL girl, before Katherine?....Elijah said Katherine reminded him of someone.

^ right, ok....but then that means Katherine was a clone/lookalike for someone else....ergo, who was the ORIGINAL girl, before Katherine?....Elijah said Katherine reminded him of someone.

Yeah I'm guessing it's something to do with the story of how they got turned into the vampires, he never specified anything about it, and Klaus had such a disregard for her that it seems he was holding a vengeance upon her or something.. Elijah probably didn't know she was the doppelganger during the clip of what we saw back at Klaus' birthday party, and it was after that the whole plan came into action. It's not as if Katherine was compelled to go to the party, she went by choice, so it may have just been luck that Katherine was a doppelganger who they could easily catch.

Trevor brought Katherine to the party because he knew she was the doppelganger. Klaus and Elijah had already been spreading the story of the sun and the moon curse at this point, so clearly there was someone else before of whom Katherine was the doppelganger.

It probably has something to do with the curse. I was thinking maybe it was their mother or something, makes sense that she would be used to cast the curse in the first place, but it's too creepy that Klaus and Elijah would both fancy someone that looked like their mother!! Although, Elijah never stated he romantically cared for Katherine, just that he cared. Still kind of creepy though.

Trevor brought Katherine to the party because he knew she was the doppelganger. Klaus and Elijah had already been spreading the story of the sun and the moon curse at this point, so clearly there was someone else before of whom Katherine was the doppelganger.

It probably has something to do with the curse. I was thinking maybe it was their mother or something, makes sense that she would be used to cast the curse in the first place, but it's too creepy that Klaus and Elijah would both fancy someone that looked like their mother!! Although, Elijah never stated he romantically cared for Katherine, just that he cared. Still kind of creepy though.

Doubt it was their mother who cast the curse. Elijah said his father wasn't Klaus' father, and that the vampire blood line was in their family, and Klaus has the vampire blood line as well as the werewolf blood line, so that means the vampire blood line came from the mother. She couldn't have cursed her own family/herself that way!

Doubt it was their mother who cast the curse. Elijah said his father wasn't Klaus' father, and that the vampire blood line was in their family, and Klaus has the vampire blood line as well as the werewolf blood line, so that means the vampire blood line came from the mother. She couldn't have cursed her own family/herself that way!

I didn't say she caused it. Elijah said it was the witches that actually cast the spell but whoever the original person who Katherine/Elena look like was used as a sacrifice to seal the curse. So it could've been the mother that they used in the original sacrifice.

The vampire thing doesn't run in the blood either. Elijah never said how they actually became vampires and given that vampires can't reproduce it's unlikely that his parents were vampires, or if they were they weren't when all their kids were born. Plus obviously Klaus and Elijah didn't become vampires until they were the age they are now, so they weren't born like that.

I didn't say she caused it. Elijah said it was the witches that actually cast the spell but whoever the original person who Katherine/Elena look like was used as a sacrifice to seal the curse. So it could've been the mother that they used in the original sacrifice.

The vampire thing doesn't run in the blood either. Elijah never said how they actually became vampires and given that vampires can't reproduce it's unlikely that his parents were vampires, or if they were they weren't when all their kids were born. Plus obviously Klaus and Elijah didn't become vampires until they were the age they are now, so they weren't born like that.

Yeah but it was in their blood line, the same way werewolf is in the Lockwood's blood line. It'll probably all be cleared up in the next episode if Elijah starts to tell Elena more stuff about it. They didn't just randomly get turned into vampires, something triggered them to get turned.

• Advertisement

Yeah but it was in their blood line, the same way werewolf is in the Lockwood's blood line. It'll probably all be cleared up in the next episode if Elijah starts to tell Elena more stuff about it. They didn't just randomly get turned into vampires, something triggered them to get turned.

It's not in the blood line though. That would mean that you could only become a vampire if it was in your bloodline which clearly isn't the case. Yes they were somehow turned into vampires but it wasn't because it was in their DNA. Plus like I said, vampires can't reproduce so how would the bloodline carry on like that? It couldn't.

Advertisement