Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vampire Diaries - Season 2 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I remember a lot of people saying they should use that song on the show, but I don't think they could now :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ i'd use an instrumental version playing over some montage scene or something, something involving Katherine.

Yes, that could work. Like a "best moments" high light reel they use on reality shows :D
    Man, I'm going to be so gutted if they kill her off. She might be the best thing to ever exist.

The Hillywood Show (i've never heard of it either) have done a parody of The Vampire Diaries.

Wait until the music starts.

:eek: it had 42,000 views yesterday....look at it now! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Reason: Both Nina Dobrev & Julie Plec tweeted about it.

• Advertisement

^ how did they get Katherine's masquerade mask??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

It had good points and bad points, but overall a solid episode that I only got the chance to enjoy this evening.

Before I get to the meat I have to say; Caroline getting up to sing "Eternal Flame"? Cringe.

I do have to agree with the rest of you lads about the continuity though. The little details, everything is remembered and brought back into play at the relevant time, sometimes it's actually so subtle that I miss it myself, and have one of those "OH YEAH!" moments while I'm watching. The promise to the future Bennetts and Matt freaking out about his sister stood out particularly for me. I, for one, am glad he and Jenna are about to be brought into the fold. I personally thought that was getting a bit ridiculous. Okay so you can get away with keeping Matt in the dark realistically, because he's a bit simple, but surely Jenna, as the guardian of Elena and Jeremy, in-law of sorts to the Jumped-Up John and girlfriend of Vamper Slayer Ric would have noticed something was rotten in the state of Virginia? It's about time her character was utilised for a plot-arc, and that she graduated from being the damsel in the dark only to be brought in when someone wants to threaten Elena effectively.

I was sort of disappointed to see Bonnie get her juju back. I was hoping for some epic witchy finale where she channels all those magical ghosties to take down Klaus. But then that might have been too predictable, and would have made her massively godlike and a possible for next season's Big Bad. Dark witch bringing the apocalypse? It's been done.

Interesting thoughts from Richard regarding her possible possession. I had a fleeting impression that Bonnie wasn't at all just Bonnie watching that scene near the end with Jeremy, when she told him that Doc Martin wanted her to kill Klaus. Sure, Bonnie has had the determined glint in her eye and that unsymmetrical set to her jaw before, but there was something almost a little creepy about her. I reckon that along with her powers she got a little somethin' somethin' else into the bargain too. Not necessarily possession, but perhaps a powerful suggestion.

And Holy God, Damon/Katherine and by proxy Damon/Elena have some chemistry on screen. Gives me the tinglies sometimes when they're together. Good tinglies.

Ah, another break. Where am I gonna get my Vamp fix now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I want new episodes now, not next month. :(

I'm so annoyed by this break in episodes again.

I wasn't bothered by the Christmas break because the episode right before it were lagging a bit for me, and even the first one or two back, but once they got rid of the ware wolves it's really picked up again, just in time for them to take it away!! Boo.

New interview with Plec [possible spoilers]: http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/115/1156624p1.html

• Advertisement

Back this week. I can't say I'm that bothered. These stupid hiatus' really kill shows for me. I don't know how Americans put up with it for all their shows.

Anyways..... promo for next couple of episodes.

and short web clip for this weeks episode.

First pic of Klaus!!

tvd-klaus-560.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

When is season 2 coming or have I mised it already.

Have been moving house for the last few weeks and have been without Sky for what seems like months.

Elbi wrote: »
    When is season 2 coming or have I mised it already.

Have been moving house for the last few weeks and have been without Sky for what seems like months.

It's been on ITV2 for months now. They're at US pace and there's only 6 episodes left in season 2.

TG4 will be showing it in the summer some time.

Everyone associated with TVD is on a media tour/biltz....Plec talks Klaus for the LA Times:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2011/04/the-vampire-diaries-executive-producer-julie-plec-previews-the-klaus-chapter.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

It's been on ITV2 for months now. They're at US pace and there's only 6 episodes left in season 2.

TG4 will be showing it in the summer some time.

Thats great, it was actually TG4 that i used to watch it on before.

Thanks

Action packed!..Isobel dead, Katherine kidnapped in the hands of Alaric who is channeling Klaus. Bonnie RIP by end of season?, Matt and sherrif mom played a blinder!....so they both know everything about Caroline + sherrif mom knows her own daugther is a vamp.

Isobel really upset the Jenna/Alaric romance....bless her, must be confused as hell!, loads going on in that ep. i'm intrgued to learn about this body swap thing with Alaric/Klaus.....i guess the warlock is transporting Klauss into Alaric's body.

I'd say at this stage i want Bonnie to die, she's pretty useless in my eyes along with Matt. Jenna needs to stay as at least ONE person needs to be normal and not in the fold.

So Klauss compelled Isobel to screw everyone over + kill herself!, i wonder if Katherine survives end of season?....such a good character MUST survive!!, great return and great to have TVD back after that long hiatus.

In the soap dish Damon? Really? :rolleyes:

I kind of saw the Isobel thing coming a mile off and I wasn't that bothered about her killing herself. I was royally pissed at her for screwing Katherine over though, I know she was compelled but it's still not cool!! Would have been interesting to see what Isobel would have done if not compelled. Would she still have screwed Katherine over to save Elena?

I assume the KlausRic thing is some sort of possession. Klaus can show up and suss everybody out, cause a bit of hassle and he's never at any risk himself. I assume killing Alaric would just kill Alaric. Klaus would still be fine off wherever he is.

Bonnie, I'm not that bothered about her to be honest. She's beige to me. If she dies she dies, if she lives fine too. There are rumours of 2 or 3 deaths before the end of the season and I'm sorry to say there are quite a few people I'd prefer to keep alive over her.

Matt I am annoyed at. Of all the people to be in cahoots with he picks the stupidest woman in town!! Doesn't he realise that she knows about vampires but didn't know her own daughter was one? How can you trust someone that stupid?!?

I think they're setting it up that everyone of the main cast could be potentially killed at the end of the season. Elena is in obvious danger, Damon and Stefan will die to save her, Bonnie has to die to kill Klaus, Jeremy is stupid enough to get in the middle of that, Caroline is at risk from Matt and Sheriff Mom, Matt is at risk from being in cahoots with Sheriff Mom, Katherine is trapped by Klaus, Ric is possessed by Klaus, Auntie Vanilla's boyfriend is possessed by the guy trying to kill her niece, she's in obvious danger. Tyler if/when he comes back will probably be part of the sacrifice. Think that wraps everybody up.
    It's pretty clever how they mange to have everyone in mortal danger even tough they're not all actively involved in the main plot.

So Klauss compelled Isobel to screw everyone over + kill herself!, i wonder if Katherine survives end of season?....such a good character MUST survive!!, great return and great to have TVD back after that long hiatus.

I don't think he compelled her to kill herself, I think she did it because she realised how terrible she'd been to Elena. I'm pretty sure it was a personal choice..

^ sorry, i think you're wrong....warlock dude said you're done....i think that was her cue to pull off her locket and get singed by the sunlight, least that's how i read those scenes. I think it makes more sense she was compelled by Klaus to kill herself.

But i conceed it might be as you say, EW debates the issue here: http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/vampire-diaries-season-2-episode-17/3/

• Advertisement

^ sorry, i think you're wrong....warlock dude said you're done....i think that was her cue to pull off her locket and get singed by the sunlight, least that's how i read those scenes. I think it makes more sense she was compelled by Klaus to kill herself.

But i conceed it might be as you say, EW debates the issue here: http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/vampire-diaries-season-2-episode-17/3/

I dunno, it could be either way but it seemed pretty genuine with bringing her to the grave, saying that her human part was left there and that she was sorry Elena only saw the other side. The guy on the phone just said to let Elena go, and then Isobel pulled it off. It seemed she was upset with how she'd acted and for how she'd treat her own family.

I know this is a ridiculous statement to make, but if they kill Katherine...then that's it for me. It won't be intentional but I'm sure I'll gradually lose interest. They almost lost me with the werewolf nonsense . Keep it in line Plec/Williamson.

BRUTAL numbers!

The Vampire Diaries
    - 2.730 million viewers
    - 1.7/3 HH
    - 1.2/4 A18-49
    - 1.2/4 A18-34
    - 1.9/6 W18-34 - horrid!...series low.

Nikita
    - 1.821 million viewers
    - 1.2/2 HH
    - 0.7/2 A18-49
    - 0.6/2 A18-34
    - 0.8/2 W18-34– - Hellcats levels!

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I don't think he compelled her to kill herself, I think she did it because she realised how terrible she'd been to Elena. I'm pretty sure it was a personal choice..

It never even occurred to me that she wasn't compelled to do it. I just assumed it was like the guy from season 1 that she compelled to tell Elena to stop looking for her. He threw himself in front of a car without having to be told to do it right then. It seems kind of stupid that she'd kill herself out of guilt. Surely a better way to make up for all she'd done was to stay and help. The witch guy told her she was done so if she'd done all she was compelled to do why not just say OK Elena here's what's really going on let's do something about it.
    DeWitt wrote: »
    I know this is a ridiculous statement to make, but if they kill Katherine...then that's it for me. It won't be intentional but I'm sure I'll gradually lose interest. They almost lost me with the werewolf nonsense . Keep it in line Plec/Williamson.

I have the same feelings. I do care about most of the other characters and the various plots keep me interested enough to keep watching but Katherine has been the best thing about season 2.
    The first part of the season was great and it only started to go downhill once they locked her in the tomb after the masquerade party. Things got really quite dull and boring for a while after that and only started to pick up again once she got herself out again.
    Now maybe it's just a coincidence that her being locked in the tomb happened at the same time they started focusing on the ware wolves and I'm giving Katherine too much credit for her awesomeness. Maybe if they'd had something else going on during her little holiday other than the stupid ware wolves I wouldn't have missed her so much, but I think she is genuinely the best character on the show.
    That said I've a horrible feeling that she's not making it out alive, so to speak. :(

I wonder how Williamson and Plec feel about her? They've created a character who was supposed to be the villain, who continually screws over the hero's of the show, who was going to hand over half the cast on a plate to be killed, who did actually kill Caroline, and yet everybody just loves her. I bet if you did a poll of everyone who watches the show they'd all hand Elena over to Klaus before they'd hand Katherine over.

It never even occurred to me that she wasn't compelled to do it. I just assumed it was like the guy from season 1 that she compelled to tell Elena to stop looking for her. He threw himself in front of a car without having to be told to do it right then. It seems kind of stupid that she'd kill herself out of guilt. Surely a better way to make up for all she'd done was to stay and help. The witch guy told her she was done so if she'd done all she was compelled to do why not just say OK Elena here's what's really going on let's do something about it.

I have the same feelings. I do care about most of the other characters and the various plots keep me interested enough to keep watching but Katherine has been the best thing about season 2.
    The first part of the season was great and it only started to go downhill once they locked her in the tomb after the masquerade party. Things got really quite dull and boring for a while after that and only started to pick up again once she got herself out again.
    Now maybe it's just a coincidence that her being locked in the tomb happened at the same time they started focusing on the ware wolves and I'm giving Katherine too much credit for her awesomeness. Maybe if they'd had something else going on during her little holiday other than the stupid ware wolves I wouldn't have missed her so much, but I think she is genuinely the best character on the show.
    That said I've a horrible feeling that she's not making it out alive, so to speak. :(

I wonder how Williamson and Plec feel about her? They've created a character who was supposed to be the villain, who continually screws over the hero's of the show, who was going to hand over half the cast on a plate to be killed, who did actually kill Caroline, and yet everybody just loves her. I bet if you did a poll of everyone who watches the show they'd all hand Elena over to Klaus before they'd hand Katherine over.

Woah! :eek: - hold your horses there!, dunno about that now. Elena is CENTRAL, as awesome as Katherine is she was always destined to be staked!

Katerina Graham has promised that fans of The Vampire Diaries will be scared by Klaus.

Klaus, who is played by Joseph Morgan, is expected to make his first appearance on the show in the April 21 episode.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Graham said: "I think [the viewers will] be just as freaked out as we all get when we're in his scenes."

Graham also joked that she hopes fans don't confuse Morgan with his character.

"I hope that toward the end of the season, and into next season, that fans are really able to distinguish between the characters and the actors, because he's doing such a phenomenal job as Klaus," she said. "I want people to really see that and not be like, 'Oh I hate you, you're such an asshole trying to kill Elena!'

"He's just an actor... By the end of the season he might be either really hated or really loved."

Source;DS

Woah! :eek: - hold your horses there!, dunno about that now. Elena is CENTRAL, as awesome as Katherine is she was always destined to be staked!

Well obviously in terms of the story Elena is more important, and if we've got our sensible hats on she has to be saved. However, in the heat of the moment I couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't be pushing her under the bus to save Katherine :D

I know we'll probably be lucky if Katherine is even still alive next week but I am genuinely dreading her departure. Every time she's even remotely in danger of being staked or having her neck snapped I'm all kinds of nervous, which I never feel toward any of the other characters really.

Short promo for next week:

Extended promo:

and webclip (I don't like the conversation they're having)

"He's just an actor... By the end of the season he might be either really hated or really loved."

That quote scares me. Sounds like someone important is going to die :(
    Damn it's going to be Katherine, but would the writers really kill her off? Nina Dobrev excels at playing her, they'd hardly throw that whole character away (well besides the odd flashback here or there) for the sake of shock value. Unless they plan on bringing other Doppelgangers into the mix(Is that even possible? They'd have to be older than Katherine...)

DeWitt wrote: »
    That quote scares me. Sounds like someone important is going to die :(
    Damn it's going to be Katherine, but would the writers really kill her off? Nina Dobrev excels at playing her, they'd hardly throw that whole character away (well besides the odd flashback here or there) for the sake of shock value. Unless they plan on bringing other Doppelgangers into the mix(Is that even possible? They'd have to be older than Katherine...)

I'd far rather they had Katherine double cross everyone again and then leg it leaving them all to die rather than get killed herself. At least then they'd have the option of bringing her back at a later date.
    I have a horrible feeling she's going to die saving someone, or have some sort of heroic death. It's the only way they could get away with it really. Very very early season 2 they could've had Damon or even Caroline do it and most people would've thought good for them, but at this point I think any of the main cast killing her would result in a lot of backlash towards them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

WELL. That was pretty much almost worth the wait. The only thing tastier was the brief glimpses into the next episode and the delicious carnage that looks set to ensue.
    Matt I am annoyed at. Of all the people to be in cahoots with he picks the stupidest woman in town!! Doesn't he realise that she knows about vampires but didn't know her own daughter was one? How can you trust someone that stupid?!?

You took the words right out of my noggin my friend! But then again, and I've said this before, Matt ain't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed either, bless his cotton socks. This particular storyline has put Matt on my sure-fire shortlist of characters about to meet their ultimate doom; he's no use to anyone now. He knows all about the vampers, despises Caroline (and let's face it, after Vicky bit the dust he existed only to further some of Caroline's character development, and to give her something to do after she wrapped her head around her new fangs and finished her Flo Nightingale routine with Tyler) and he's now allied himself with Sheriff Mom against all of the people who are technically our main characters. Maybe they'll give her the heave-ho too, opening next season up to a more savvy (and interesting) law type.

It has been mentioned that viewers will be surprised and that there will be multiple main character deaths. But when it comes down to it, we really only have three main characters. Our Big Three, Elena, Stefan and Damon. None of whom (in my opinion, anyway) can be killed off without major repercussions. Their little love triangle is the main premise of the show after all, and I can't see that ending just yet.

As for Katherine I honestly think that her death will be saved (if she is killed off completely at all) for near the season finale. Her demise would be too good to waste on a five minute death scene in episode eighteen. As much as I love her (and I do, she was one of my favourite things about this season) they do have to close her story off. She's alive, she's dead, she's captured, she's free... Enough. Let her loose to do her epic evil elsewhere or stake her. The boys can't realistically continue to let her live after she has yet again betrayed them.

I'm liking Klalaric. That creepy, malevolent smile was sort of hot in a very wrong way. For Klaus to scare Katherine as much as he does he'd have to be one sadistic mofo, and I'm looking forward to some delightfully random beheadings and whatnot.

• Advertisement

^
    Some very good points.

I wonder just how much Caroline told Matt. Did she tell him about everything or just what's happened between her and him? Does she even know the truth about Vicki? Either way aligning himself with Sheriff Mom against the vamps will no doubt end in death for one or both. I can't help feel though that if Matt knew the danger Elena was in that he might not be so quick to be on the sheriff's side.

It would be interesting to have a competant law enforcer next season. Maybe someone like Alaric when he first showed up. Someone who's carrying a personal grudge but TWIST!! this time it's against Stefan and not Damon. That would keep Elena involved without having her in mortal danger like she has been all bloody year.

As for Katherine, you're right. If they have to kill her off they better give her the respect she deserves. That feckin' Rose one got a whole episode dedicated to her death, Katherine deserves a whole season dedicated to her dying.

Advertisement