Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

slayerking wrote: »

Carry out in Ashtown had it a few weeks ago. Haven't been in there in a while.

Where are you based?

Celbridge. I'm in town every day however.
    I take it not all carry puts carry the same stock. The last time I was in the one in celbridge (last month) it had a very poor range.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got two bottles of Schneider weisse mein kristall tap 2 ,is it similar to erdinger kristall?

Not too gone on this at all,very strong taste of fruit?or something off it :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Moor Nor’Hop while pouring it I didn't like the colour as it was too yellow and light looking but smelled lovely like a forest.

Nicely hopped and very citrusy with a crisp finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

I've been sitting in my comfort zone of Pale Ales and the odd Stout for far too long so decided to try a style I haven't tried in a little while and really haven't had much of.... so tonight its two Gueuze's!

Boon Oude Geuze Mariage Parfait first and then Oud Beersel Oude Geuze Vieille.

Wow, I need to drink more of these! Very interesting beers!
    And the best befores on the beers are the highest I think I've ever seen especially considering their not very high high in abv: 12th of July 2032 on the Oude Geuze Vieille and its only 6%!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

slayerking wrote: »
    I've been sitting in my comfort zone of Pale Ales and the odd Stout for far too long so decided to try a style I haven't tried in a little while and really haven't had much of.... so tonight its two Gueuze's!

Boon Oude Geuze Mariage Parfait first and then Oud Beersel Oude Geuze Vieille.

Wow, I need to drink more of these! Very interesting beers!
    And the best befores on the beers are the highest I think I've ever seen especially considering their not very high high in abv: 12th of July 2032 on the Oude Geuze Vieille and its only 6%!
    Just be careful not to wait until the 13th of July 2032, it'll taste mank.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

There isn't much that biochemistry can throw at that sort of beer that hasn't already been put in there by the brewer deliberately.

BeerNut wrote: »
    There isn't much that biochemistry can throw at that sort of beer that hasn't already been put in there by the brewer deliberately.
    True. What's the worst that could happen? It'll taste sour? :)

BrewDog / Flying Dog International Arms Race on tap in LMulligans.

Tasted like orange and ginger. Couldn't get anything else from it except maybe a hint of herbs.

Have to admit I didn't like it at all.

Had a hoppy session yesterday:

Dead Pony Club - good brewdog beer again.
    Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale - a nice lightly hopped beer with a hint of grass.

Widmar brothers Falconers IPA- another light hopped beer. 7% but doesn't taste like it.
    McGraths Irish Pale Ale not sure what to make if this kinda reminded me of Metalman but can't put my finger in it. Need to get another one to try again.
    Thornbridge Chiron - Lovely again. Love most of their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

Seeing as it's reduced to €1 per 500ml bottle in my local Tesco ... this week Im drinking : ... not too bad at all

102950.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Picked up two bottles of dead pony club In o briens earlier. I'm off the drink for the next month so il be looking forward to them

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

BrewDog / Flying Dog International Arms Race on tap in LMulligans.

Tasted like orange and ginger. Couldn't get anything else from it except maybe a hint of herbs.

Have to admit I didn't like it at all.
    You weren't the only one. Really curious why any craft beer pub would get this on tap, when I'd imagine there were plenty other BD options they could have got. How much did it cost out of curiosity ?

Was the Widmer Brothers beer worth getting Ciaran ? Its been on my radar lately but haven't seen it around.

I've noticed Against the Grain have had Thornbridge's Raven and Halycon lately, the former is one of my favourite beers.

ASJ112 wrote: »
    You weren't the only one. Really curious why any craft beer pub would get this on tap, when I'd imagine there were plenty other BD options they could have got. How much did it cost out of curiosity ?
    Yeah it's a strange choice for a tap beer. Maybe it was going cheap?

Was the Widmer Brothers beer worth getting Ciaran ? Its been on my radar lately but haven't seen it around.
    I bought the 5 different Widmer beers that Drinkstore have, along with the 4 Kona beers. Might get through a couple of them over the weekend.

I've noticed Against the Grain have had Thornbridge's Raven and Halycon lately, the former is one of my favourite beers.
    Such an incredible beer, just ticks so many boxes flavour wise.

I think it cost about €6.40 for 440mls.
    Widmer didn't blow me away but wasn't the worst beer either.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

a guinness (only nice draught) and a yellow spot in brooks hotel, nice way to start the weekend :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Got a thronbridge Raven for tonight.

Also picked up a Brooklyn Local 1 and Local 2 for sometime over the next couple of weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

matrim wrote: »
    Also picked up a Brooklyn Local 1 and Local 2 for sometime over the next couple of weeks

Was extremely disappointed by 2, never got 1.

This evening I'm cracking open my Franciscan Well Jameson Stout.

Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Kraus Hirschen-Trunk tonight, a smoked beer from Northern Bavaria.
    Not as smokey as Schlenkerla but definitely in that neck of the woods. Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Tube

One of the National Homebrew Competition entries. The brewer gave in a bottle too many. It'll do well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Tube wrote: »
    One of the National Homebrew Competition entries. The brewer gave in a bottle too many. It'll do well :)

A pribe? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Picked up a Smithwick's Pale Ale to try for the laugh, wasn't expecting much, but it's really pretty ****e. I've brewed better myself :D Good thing I have a Guinness FES as back up

Copper Hook by Red Hook. Nice beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

McHughes in Artane are selling Westvleteren 12 in single bottles, obviously to try shift it. €8.99 each. Jaysus.

Still. One every time I get a stash won't hurt ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

donalfo wrote: »
    I tried a couple o' bottles of Donegal Blonde, from a new brewery in Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal. I have very little experience drinking pale ales, but it tastes very nice but the head disappeared very fast.
    I'd buy it again when I'm having one or two because it is very tasty, not sure about going on a session on it though, could be a bit heavy.

I'm not sure if it is sold anywhere besides their own pub and off licence (Dicey Reillys).
    That offie won Off Licence of The Year at the recent NOFLA awards. Their range of beers is supposedly superb.

Drinking a Lagunitas Censored Copper Ale, not bad, a little boozey, some nice caramel malts in there and a nice balanced hop bitterness but I would like some more hop flavouring. Not really worth the $20 odd I payed for the six pack but you live and learn :(

Drank my Leann Follain my gf brought over, I havn't had a stout that has a patch on it since getting here, the Millstreet Cobblestone Stout is a good alternative to Guinness, a bit more roast, and a very pleasent beer, the best I've had is Philips Longboat Chocolate Porter which I push on every customer I get who says they want a dark beer. It some how manages to be rich and chocolatey, while still being dry and sessionable. Its really good. I've a bottle of Dark Arts and a pack of bacon fries left which I'll save for Paddy's day.

I'm off to Korea for 2 weeks and have been told its beer hell. Found 2-3 microbrewery so far in Seoul. Might stash a few Hopheads in my baggage as they are small enough bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Tube

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    A pribe? :eek:

Only €50 notes accepted ;)

Tube wrote: »
    Only €50 notes accepted ;)

Ah f**kin hell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Had the Thronebrdige Raven last night. Very nice. Only problem was I burned the top of my mouth eating dinner so couldn't taste it properly. Will definately have to go back to it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement