Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National school opening times

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

AulWan wrote: »
    Well we all know teachers don't do anything for free.

But having said that, I'd be willing to pay for it.

Why would they?

Last time my employer asked me to take on extra responsibilities I said “sure what’s the extra pay.”

I don’t work for free and I wouldn’t expect anyone else to either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Why would they?

Last time my employer asked me to take on extra responsibilities I said “sure what’s the extra pay.”

I don’t work for free and I wouldn’t expect anyone else to either.

I already said I'd be willing to pay for such a service.

But I can see teachers' attitudes haven't changed much! It's always all about the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

But I can see teachers' attitudes haven't changed much! It's always all about the money.

It has nothing to do with pay. Teachers volunteer time to train and take teams to competition. Teachers are not childminders. They are educators and it is time people realised they are not a child minding service.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

khalessi wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with pay. Teachers volunteer time to train and take teams to competition. Teachers are not childminders. They are educators and it is time people realised they are not a child minding service.

Don’t waste your time
    The mask has slipped

I don’t think there is another forum for a profession on boards where the amount of misinformation, attacks on the profession and just downright trolling is allowed go time after time

Another thinly veiled teacher bashing thread

This thread could have ended after the first post with a reply along the lines of
    They are your children . Your are their parent. Take some responsibility and stop looking to pass it on to others
    School is not a 24 hour service and not a substitute for your responsibilities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

khalessi wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with pay.

Tell that to the aptly named Salary Negotiator, whose first response to being asked to take on extra responsiblity was "sure, what's the extra pay?". :D :rolleyes:
    Hi what time do national schools open the door in the morning mind doesn't open till 8 55 and the start time is 9 is that a standard time??

OP, as you can see the time varies from school to school.

I'm out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Tell that to the aptly named Salary Negotiator, whose first response to being asked to take on extra responsiblity was "sure, what's the extra pay?". :D :rolleyes:

I'm out.

Salary negotiation occurs in all jobs. Child minding isn't part of teachers jobs. Have you considered flexi time in order to drop you children at an appropriate time? Sure you could just ask you bossðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Well we all know teachers don't do anything for free.

But having said that, I'd be willing to pay for it.

Yeah, working extra free hours on top of extra free hours. Sounds about right.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

It's not really that you're willing to pay, it's your expectation that because you're willing to pay then the teachers should automatically do it.

That and your snide comments about money making it sound like they are somehow in the wrong for not doing it for free.

I'm not a teacher by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I'm out.

People take on extra responsibility and spend extra time in jobs all the time without reward, asking what's the extra pay is a strange thing to do. I would imagine if there were some enterprising teachers looking for extra cash there is definitely money to be made running an hour long ""creche"" service for a fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'm closing this thread up and deleting most of the posts as its turned into a stupid anti teacher chat.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement