Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aer Lingus Cadetship 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Calm Observer

It must be a server issue because I have tried all the file types without going too obscure even tried a .zip file but they don't accept them. Hope it gets fixed soon otherwise there will be a couple of us here having meltdowns :rolleyes:

No need for meltdowns jut yet! If it's a server issue they will be aware of it and possibly let people submit attachments at a later date if it is not resolved by tomorrow. The cv is not mandatory and you can always prove your results later on! No panic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pamsym

Anybody know what is the latest by which online assessments must be completed, given that application deadline is tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 chemwiz

Having the same issue here with attachment of files, same issue lastnite so sent a mail, however still no reply. Anybody have any updates on this, starting to panic here!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Whats the story with references? I only have 1 employment reference (and he doesn't have an email either!).

Says you can put in a personal reference, whats everyone here used that hasn't 3 employment references?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Whats the story with references? I only have 1 employment reference (and he doesn't have an email either!).

Says you can put in a personal reference, whats everyone here used that hasn't 3 employment references?
    It doesn't necessary need be an employment reference. You can even use reference from your college/school, personal,etc

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

chemwiz wrote: »
    Having the same issue here with attachment of files, same issue lastnite so sent a mail, however still no reply. Anybody have any updates on this, starting to panic here!!!!

No Reply as of yet and still no luck attaching the files. Going to try later in the night but I have a feeling it won't work then either.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ilikemoozic

I too am having a terrible time attaching files to my application, its getting too close for my liking now.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭twin27

having same trouble folks trying since sunday .maybe they have closed applications:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭orionm_73

PCros wrote: »
    Nope nothing yet and I resent it yesterday, I do appreciate that they are busy with the cadetship but 3 days is a bit much.

HR prob aren't in the office on Saturdays and Sundays. So the earliest someone there would have seen your email was Monday morning. Given the amount of emails, calls and post they would have to respond to from existing staff in addition to the massive extra workload from two concurrent recruitment drives might go a little way to explaining why your email wasn't answered as quickly as you would like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

I had a problem uploading a CV but got it eventually, not sure what did the trick. Try using a different browser, or sign out of the application and back in.

Otherwise I wouldn't worry too much about CVs anyway. As someone said, most of your CV is repetition of your application form and they never asked for them last time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I had a problem uploading a CV but got it eventually, not sure what did the trick. Try using a different browser, or sign out of the application and back in.

Otherwise I wouldn't worry too much about CVs anyway. As someone said, most of your CV is repetition of your application form and they never asked for them last time around.

I submitted mine without any attachments just there. We'll see what happens.

Sites woking for attachments now for anybody who was having trouble yesterday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Sites woking for attachments now for anybody who was having trouble yesterday!

Just uploaded my CV and Leaving Results there.

Thankfully all working ok now it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 nabanoba

I'm half way through the online assessments now. Finding them tricky enough!

When I went into one of them though I did the example and then was suddenly kicked out and blocked from re-entering. I've mailed Aer Lingus about it. Anyone else have a similar problem and get allowed back in??

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭BrakePad

nabanoba wrote: »

When I went into one of them though I did the example and then was suddenly kicked out and blocked from re-entering. I've mailed Aer Lingus about it. Anyone else have a similar problem and get allowed back in??

I was told I was timed out when I did an example and was blocked from the test...was gutted...but when I came back the next day it was unblocked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

nabanoba wrote: »

This happended to me last Saturday and I emailed them and they unlocked today so going to finish it tonight.

It may be a day or two before they get back to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Pressed the submit button at lunch!

How long before you get invited to do the online assessments?

Bikeman, I'm In the same boat, hit the submit button late morning due to the days of being unable to attach documents and nothing as of yet, won't worry too much at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 34 nabanoba

This happended to me last Saturday and I emailed them and they unlocked today so going to finish it tonight.

Thanks Pcros. Just got the same e-mail.

Crisis averted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭cherrytaz

Still no invite to complete assessments with my application been submitted on 14th May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭optimus125

Anyone else really want to do the Complex Control (tunnel) assessment again? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Calm Observer

cherrytaz wrote: »
    Still no invite to complete assessments with my application been submitted on 14th May.

Have you checked your spam folder? Unless you didn't meet the minimum qualifications then I don't see why you wouldn't get the email. When you submitted your application did you get the automated email saying they had received it with the PDF of your application attached?

Have you checked your spam folder? Unless you didn't meet the minimum qualifications then I don't see why you wouldn't get the email. When you submitted your application did you get the automated email saying they had received it with the PDF of your application attached?
    Yes I received the automated email with pdf and I have checked spam folder. Very disappointing at this stage. I've sent off an email but suspect it maybe too late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

4 weeks from closing date is the time frame to receive invitation to the online assessment. They are probably sending out the invites in batches. I wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭BrakePad

4 weeks from closing date is the time frame to receive invitation to the online assessment. They are probably sending out the invites in batches. I wouldn't worry about it.

I got the impression it was 4 weeks to hear back for group interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

BrakePad wrote: »
    I got the impression it was 4 weeks to hear back for group interview

You could read it either way I suppose, but I figured why would they be talking about the stage beyond the online assessments before you've been invited to take them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭Jocry

Submitted yesterday afternoon around 3 and got the email this morning, frightening in one sense :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭N curran

has anyone got an invite for the next stage after the online assessment?

N curran wrote: »
    has anyone got an invite for the next stage after the online assessment?

Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭N curran

ok grand. got a fright when i heard one of my friends apparently got an invite

• Advertisement

N curran wrote: »
    ok grand. got a fright when i heard one of my friends apparently got an invite

Well considering the online application only closed yesterday, I'd say we can all remain somewhat at ease for at least a few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 eoghanmac

optimus125 wrote: »
    Anyone else really want to do the Complex Control (tunnel) assessment again? :D

yeah that was great craic haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

anyone know how many they're taking on?

Finally got invite for assessments 17 days later!

That happened to me today on the very first test. I completed the other nine with no problems. I emailed them but heard nothing back, obviously worried now that my 72hrs ends Sunday and they are out of office for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bigfeckineejit

Assessment site is still down. Has the deadline passed or something?

Assessment site is still down. Has the deadline passed or something?

I've been working flat out for the last few weeks in my current job, but decided to take today off to do the assessment. The wording of the 72 hours time limit is ambiguous. Is it 72 hours from registering, or 72 hours from the closing date for applications to the programme? In any case, the safe bet was to take today off work and do it, but the feckin thing is down :mad:

zulutango wrote: »
    I've been working flat out for the last few weeks in my current job, but decided to take today off to do the assessment. The wording of the 72 hours time limit is ambiguous. Is it 72 hours from registering, or 72 hours from the closing date for applications to the programme? In any case, the safe bet was to take today off work and do it, but the feckin thing is down :mad:

"You will have a maximum of THREE days in which to complete your online assessments once you register."

Sounds fairly clear to me! I'd strongly imagine the problem is with the site, and not your application.

Assessment site seems to be down for all. Similar to above poster I had assigned today to complete assessments due to other commitments over the weekend, very frustrating.

• Advertisement

zulutango wrote: »

I'm in the same position, I got the email on Thursday evening, thought "Grand, I won't get a chance to do it till Sat morning, but that shouldn't be a problem," and now this!! Did anyone else see any indication of closing dates/deadlines anywhere in the emails/AL website?

"You will have a maximum of THREE days in which to complete your online assessments once you register."

Sounds fairly clear to me! I'd strongly imagine the problem is with the site, and not your application.

I got two emails. An initial one on Wednesday and one yesterday titled 'Important final reminder'. The email from Wednesday says ...

"Once you register, you will receive further information about the assessments. Please read this e-mail very carefully. You will have a maximum of THREE days in which to complete your online assessments once you register. We ask that you register and complete the assessments as soon as possible once receiving this e-mail."

But then yesterday's email said ...

"As the programme is now closed, you only have 72 hours to register and complete these assessments. After this time, you will not be considered for this programme."

The second quote implies that the 72 hour clock started ticking on close of applications.

Just received word that the website will be down until 2pm tomorrow, if this website is anything to go by:

http://careers.aerlingus.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

Sounds fairly clear to me!

That was the first email.

The second email says;
    "As the programme is now closed, you only have 72 hours to register and complete these assessments. After this time, you will not be considered for this programme."

Not clear to me.

cherrytaz wrote: »
    Just received word that the website will be down until 2pm tomorrow, if this website is anything to go by:

http://careers.aerlingus.com/

What a load of BS...they'll have to allow at least an extra day for people to do the assessment.

The site seems to be back online folks ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭basill

What a load of BS...they'll have to allow at least an extra day for people to do the assessment.

Thats the attitude. Wait till the 3,000 other people have applied, out it in late and then blame someone else for why your application wasn't accepted.

For the hard of hearing/reading AL won't go chasing anyone.

Just finished it there. Struggled in one or two of the tests, but we'll see how it goes. Best of luck to all applying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

So does anyone know the definitive deadline for completing the assessments?

Zonda999 wrote: »
    So does anyone know the definitive deadline for completing the assessments?

Seems to be no agreement on it but I would say have it done before tomorrow if it hasn't been done already.

It's a pity Aer Lingus doesn't have as nicely structured, and publicly available process as the IAA do for the student controller programme;

https://www.iaa.ie/index.jsp?p=404&n=406

• Advertisement
Advertisement