Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cadetship 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭BrakePad

I dont mean to sound like an ass but did anyone else piss through numeracy? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 nabanoba

Sorry for all the questions, but I have one final one.

Did everyone attach their cv's and leaving cert results to their applications or not? Did anyone get to phase 2 without doing so?

Thanks for any help in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Shamrock231

BrakePad wrote: »
    I dont mean to sound like an ass but did anyone else piss through numeracy? :confused:

I thought the same, seemed too easy to me...

On another note there's a virtual tunnel out there now with plane debris scattered all over the place.. :rolleyes: Ah well, think I scored well enough on the other sections to balance it out...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Rainrunner

I thought the same, seemed too easy to me...

On another note there's a virtual tunnel out there now with plane debris scattered all over the place.. :rolleyes: Ah well, think I scored well enough on the other sections to balance it out...

Haha Brilliant Shamrock231. That virtual tunnel will be full of plane debris. I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow.

So the maths sounds like its a little easier than last time.. The conversions caught me out last time. Who am i kidding, the whole lot got me last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DeclanSn

Is everyone who applied getting sent the test? Just putting the final touches to my cv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Calm Observer

DeclanSn wrote: »
    Is everyone who applied getting sent the test? Just putting the final touches to my cv

I imagine that's what's happening. Unless you don't meet their minimum requirements.

Yes, I think everyone gets sent out the tests unless you put down that you too young or didn't have the right to work in the EU or something like that that would exclude you.

I was having a really interesting chat with a relative of mine who works on contract on and off with the CSO(Central Statistics Office) about psychometric testing. Apparently you can fail miserably across all areas and still be selected as long as you fail in an equally miserable fashion! Now that may be a little bit of an exaggeration, but what the test measures is your ability across all the fields and they want to see that you have a constant aptitude in all of them.
    Interestingly too in a lot of cases if you score the whole test packet(all the tests) from 100% for example they may eliminate the bottom 40%(0-40% scores) and then almost always the top 10%(90-100% scores) when the test is being used for job or career places. This is because people with high levels of intelligence(90-100%) are often very difficult to work with and find entry level positions difficult. What surprised me most was her opinion that many companies she has been involved with as far as career surveys etc etc have actually called all their interviewees from the middle 50% of candidates(scores 40-90%).

EI may not follow this line of course, but it was her opinion that almost all companies who run these tests follow it in some way, so as long as you showed similarly decent aptitudes across all tests you are in with a shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 doha

I still can't quite see clearly after that shape building assessment

doha wrote: »
    I still can't quite see clearly after that shape building assessment
    Haha, I think the shapes from the reaction test are still imprinted in my retina.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

EI may not follow this line of course, but it was her opinion that almost all companies who run these tests follow it in some way, so as long as you showed similarly decent aptitudes across all tests you are in with a shout!

That's a little reassuring as I have found the timing very tight on a few of the tests, in particular the verbal reasoning. Felt quite disheartened after it.

I think it's that way for most people... After reading around the whole thing of psychometric testing online, some test's you're not even supposed to come close to getting all answers down, if you do you were likely guessing, so some companies who run the tests use negative marking to account for this. There's a lot of info out there on the theory behind it if you want to look into it.

That's a little reassuring as I have found the timing very tight on a few of the tests, in particular the verbal reasoning. Felt quite disheartened after it.

Is that the whole deal about Steel Ltd? Timing was a little tight yeh. Is it possible to finish that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 doha

It did say very few people could finish all the questions

For the numerical reasoning, did anyone actually find any references to FY8 (other than FY+1, FY+2 in the outlook tab), or were all related answers "cannot say"?

doha wrote: »
    It did say very few people could finish all the questions

For the numerical reasoning, did anyone actually find any references to *SNIP* or were all related answers "cannot say"?

Probably best not to openly discuss the test online while there are still some out there waiting to sit it. Keep it fair on those of us who've already done it...

It's not possible to finish though without guessing, no one can go that fast, but remember that with these kinds of tests, it's not the grade out of 100% you get like in the leaving cert or typical exams, there's no pass/fail, but how you compare to others.

Is that the whole deal about Steel Ltd? Timing was a little tight yeh. Is it possible to finish that?

I really don't think it is possible, I'm a fast reader and I only got about half way. Just have to hope the answers are right, it was hard to find the balance between slowing down enough to be accurate and going fast enough to get through a decent amount of it!

Is there anything to stop you from sitting the tests over two periods or do they have to be done all at once.? Say maths and verbal in one sitting and the rest the next day??

Rainrunner wrote: »
    Is there anything to stop you from sitting the tests over two periods or do they have to be done all at once.? Say maths and verbal in one sitting and the rest the next day??

Nope it says you can sit them in any number of sittings within 72 hours. If you start a test you have to finish it though.

Nope it says you can sit them in any number of sittings within 72 hours. If you start a test you have to finish it though.

Cheers Pal, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭SB6

I done it in one sitting with the exception of taking a break in the middle of the whole thing......sore sore eyes. I only made it half way in those tests too....
    Does any one know when the feedback is?

• Advertisement

SB6 wrote: »
    I done it in one sitting with the exception of taking a break in the middle of the whole thing......sore sore eyes. I only made it half way in those tests too....
    Does any one know when the feedback is?

No feedback given, it said that at the application stage. Once the deadline for applications has passed (29th May?) and all candidates have been given the time to do the online tests then the successful will be notified I'd say. Probably looking at mid to late June.

Probably looking at mid to late June.
    I'd say it'd be earlier than that, seeing as we've been given 3 days to complete it I'd say they'd have all the data in by Monday the 3rd of June, 6 days after close of applications. Then take a week to look over it before sending out invites to the group stages. I'd say we could be looking at mid to end of June and early July for the first group stages, but not to hear back, I'd say that'd be sooner. Could be wrong though. Keep in mind the process will be a little faster than last time as they've got practice at it now and also, this time around the engineering cadetship isn't running at the same time as the pilot one like it was last time, so there shouldn't be as much pressure on HR.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭optimus125

Is it supposed to be 3 hours long? Or does it take longer?

optimus125 wrote: »
    Is it supposed to be 3 hours long? Or does it take longer?

Took me about 2:10, but I went straight through all of them at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭optimus125

Took me about 2:10, but I went straight through all of them at once.

Ok, cheers. Got the LC exams starting on the 5th so it's gonna be hard finding those 2/3 hours! Gotta be done though!

They said at application stage that you would hear within 4 weeks of the closing date and if you heard nothing by then you were unsuccessful. So if you hear back by June 26th?

Did anyone have any issues uploading the cv?

Did anyone have any issues uploading the cv?

Nope, mine uploaded fine, are you using the box on the side of the page?

Nope, mine uploaded fine, are you using the box on the side of the page?

Ye it's uploads as normal but when it finishes uploading it just disappears from the page...

• Advertisement

Ye it's uploads as normal but when it finishes uploading it just disappears from the page...

Maybe try logging out and then logging back in again?

Advertisement