Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Mech1 wrote: »
    in all fairness 5 people give me a couple of euro every month it doesnt cover all costs, but its better than none.:)

I’m one of those 5 people.
    It’s $4 a month from me. (A negligible amount even in these Covid lay-off times)

I’m not a big user but I do know how important it can be for certain events/incidents.
    Would you need another 5 patrons to cover costs overall?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

probably only 3 more at that level would break even.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

How do we donate again, can't promise I'll get round to it but will try and good to have the link up for new people

fr336 wrote: »
    How do we donate again, can't promise I'll get round to it but will try and good to have the link up for new people

There is a sticky thread with all details, Thanks.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

fr336 wrote: »

Or you can click the patron link in Mech1s signature if you feel you can spare the price of a cuppa per month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Signatures are not visible on the touch site unfortunately.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

https://www.patreon.com/EIDWLIVEMECH1

This is the one, he is providing an excellent service, so for the price of a coffee per month, we can continue to support him :)

Found it.

Well the antenna pole has snapped, feed still working but I'm sure reduced range.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Staunton96

Ah was wondering, no coverage at all of some of the frequencies like TWR, APP or GND :(( If it does come it's inaudible

• Advertisement

Hopefully will be sorted during next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

How are the donations and standing orders/patreon etc working out Pat, enough funds available to cover the repair/replacement?

Antenna sorta up again now, some improvements might be needed, let's see what reception is like.

I don't listen in anymore, so it's up to you guys to report back to me.

I have 5 patrons that in total donate $17 per month, (thanks you know who you are), that should cover any emergency repairs like this.

Of course more patrons would be great.

I also had a €10 approx anonymous donation through PayPal last week when I mentioned the pole snapped I assume it was from here somewhere.

And remember that we still have a brand new replacement antenna in stock here bought by you guys if the need arises.

I'm hoping the cable and connection are still intact as the antenna has been hanging from it since the breakage until today.

Pat I have a bit of an unusual request... Is there any way of getting a feed of just the Area control frequencies? (129.180, 135.655, 120.755, 132.580)? Have a friend who flies and like listening in but can't hear that bit as it's in the mixed feed with everything else. I presume it's an easy one to do but I could be wrong!!

Sorry but all the feeds are now programmed into sdr's, (software defined radio) so they only have a limited number of channels and a set small freq band. It's not easy to add a few more.

Sorry again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Hey Pat, haven't listened in that much in the last year but when I have its been there and all is good.

Thanks for the continued efforts on your end. Dropped you a 20 there to say thanks!!!

Sorry i know this is a DUB live atc thread. But does anyone know about the SNN live feed. The Shannon Ground/TWR/Approach feed seems down and not working as per normal. The cover was great until yesterday

I obviously don't know the exact reasons why the feeds are down but just some possibilities are:

Liveatc fault at there end

Loss of broadband at feed location

Loss of power at feed location

Feed operator turned it off for whatever reason

Equipment failure at either end

Software issues anywhere in the system including at your end.

So no need to worry yet, usually things get back to normal quickly as liveatc will have noticed the problem and alerted the operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭DublinKev

One or two of the feeds appear to have Radio Na Gaeltachta being transmitted on them at the moment. And on the Internet radio for EIDW.

Anyone know what is the reason for this?

Hi, gonna check now, no idea what would cause that.

Thanks for the heads up.

Pat.

Should be fixed now, I just restarted everything.

Everyone gotta know, I don't monitor this feed, you gotta tell me if there is a problem!

Hey Pat! Still playing radio on the combined feed xD

Also - most of the feeds sound great. Tower is crystal clear, but Ground is barely audible. Just thought I'd let you know! Thanks again sir

• Advertisement

I think it's fixed now.

Thanks.

Advertisement