Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most underated song

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭ampleforth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭BOSTIK

Great track from a fantastic album from the early 90s indie Manchester scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 steam iron

Overkill-Colin Hay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

steam iron wrote: »
    Overkill-Colin Hay.

That was Men At Work actually! Colin Hay was the singer alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MoashoaM

• Advertisement

One from this decade for a change.

I love this, from the excellent 2013 Delta Machine album. Never been played live, yet.

Underappreciated gem from the Pretenders. They don't make 'em like they used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

BOSTIK wrote: »
    Great track from a fantastic album from the early 90s indie Manchester scene.

The first HOL LP gets all the credits and has been reissued three times with extra tracks.
    That Butterfly / Fontana record is amazing though - seriously great B-sides as they really embraced the multi-formatting craze, 7", 2 12"s, CDs, cassettes etc. Some were collected on A Spy In The House Of Love but needs a proper reappraisal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Very underrated ballad. I always ask ballad bands to sing this when I'm out and they're always surprised by the request but usually happy to play it

Just great, from an excellent album too

• Advertisement

The first HOL LP gets all the credits and has been reissued three times with extra tracks.
    That Butterfly / Fontana record is amazing though - seriously great B-sides as they really embraced the multi-formatting craze, 7", 2 12"s, CDs, cassettes etc. Some were collected on A Spy In The House Of Love but needs a proper reappraisal.

Had the pleasure of introducing a much younger colleague to this album, my coolness quotient rocketed:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,008 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Everyone bangs on about Step On but...

This rocked up on the ipod on the way to work this morning. Majestic song from a criminally underrated album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

Robbie Dupree - Steal Away

https://youtu.be/qvvhCzDobRE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

The best Housemartins's single, but Im in a minority with this opinion. Jaysus, it's great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Here's a song that's largely overlooked, but I think it's great:
    Secret Smile by Semisonic:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj41-2SpjM4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Prefer this to the more well known Bohemian Like You. The rest of the album is very good too.

• Advertisement

Prefer this to the more well known Bohemian Like You. The rest of the album is very good too.

My favourite song by The Dandy Warhols is "Not if You were the Last Junkie on Earth" and I believe it is vastly underated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYBHMaGVfTI

^^^
    That has a real Beach Boys twang off it.

I love this gem from Talking Heads, never hear it anywhere now

Willy Finlayson - On The Air Tonight
    Peaked at #85 for four successive weeks in 1985. A classic Forgotten '80s tune.

^^^
    I thought I knew a bit about obscure 80s tunes, but I never heard that one before. not too bad at all.

So I'll see you that, and raise you this. Don't think it ever dented a chart anywhere.

Good tune, I have it on Hardest Hits Volume 4, a brilliant new wave series from Canada, mid 90s. All 5 volumes worth getting.
    https://www.discogs.com/Various-Hardest-Hits-Volume-4/release/190211?utm_source=mobile&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=iOS%20App

Was sure I had you there with Hitlist.

Second service then, this was a minor hit in the US but they've no chart history in their native England. A real 80s bang off this one:

Was sure I had you there with Hitlist.

Second service then, this was a minor hit in the US but they've no chart history in their native England. A real 80s bang off this one:

Class tune; played it in Grand Social last year, mixed reaction.
    Know it via collecting all things 4AD in the 1980s and through a VHS copy of Valley Girl, obtained from Tommy Whitty's video library c.1987

Seona Dancing - More To Lose (1983)
    I know he is ashamed of it now, but this really was a decent tune. Failed to crack the top 75 but was a radio hit in the Philippines of all places.

I think I saw a clip of that Ricky Gervais thing before, with all the dry ice that was a staple of early '80s videos.

Anyway, here's Big Audio Dynamite's first UK chart entry, peaking at no. 97 in January 1986. Decent, and shows that sampling was going to feature regualrly in their repertoire.

• Advertisement

Always liked this, was a regular feature on the Phantom playlists back in the day, around 2008. Think one of the band members got very ill subsequently, a real shame.

Advertisement