Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula E - Gen.2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

astrofluff wrote: »
    What's strange is the penalty applied of 24 seconds which drops him down to 11th, just outside the points. If it was 25 seconds it would have been another place lower. So I'm thinking race control stripped him of any points but limiting the pain to that.

Pit-lane time is different based on track since it's based on the physical length. For instance, Sanya last year saw the drive-through time set at 16 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Sad news about one of the commentators, Bob Varsha.
    Wishing him a speedy recovery.
    https://twitter.com/RACERmag/status/1214187162586927106?s=19

This is cool, Santiago race later today.
    https://twitter.com/FIAFormulaE/status/1218503830410866696?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just watched the highlights of it there now. It was a good race. Some nice racing up the front for the lead and plenty of racing in the midfield too. There was 7 cars in this that did not finish two of them being Porsche which is not good. Not sure why all 7 were out but Jean Eric Vergne had a damaged car and created a lot of smoke lol. Another car lost its whole front wing so I am guessing he did not finish either.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Great Race, race winner down to 4th, back to front, back, last lap winning overtake. Poor vergne, great racing throughout the field

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

A lil graph thing I saw of the race. Saw these for F1 before and now beinh done for FE!

Sanya race scheduled for March 21 has been cancelled over the ongoing Corona hangover.
    https://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2020/january/statement-on-the-sanya-e-prix

Ms

flazio wrote: »
    Sanya race scheduled for March 21 has been cancelled over the ongoing Corona hangover.
    https://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2020/january/statement-on-the-sanya-e-prix

Maybe they are right but thats a good month and a half away. A lot can happen in that time. Maybe it will not be as prevaliant by then and they might be able to stall it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

If it costs the series a lot for the backend logistics, flights, hotels, and it's whether to pull the plug now, then I'd understand that. It's not a series like F1 that can hammer the country for not holding a race weekend. It's better FE call it now for all interested parties.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Ma is in 14 day quarantine apparently.

• Advertisement

I hope your Ma feels better soon. :p

Mexico race is 10 days away so they're holding him until the race.

Mexico race today. Qualy is on at 5.45pm and race on at 10pm. Usual channels.

Heavy impact by Muller into the barrier on the first few laps. Safety car with train of cars sent through pit lane.

Great start by Mitch Evans too.

Useless fúcking cúnts at the BBC bumping off the race to show bloody snooker on the Red Button :mad::mad::mad:

Mitch grabs his and Jag's second win. Behind, the typical mayhem ensued.

End to end drama, which is totally the norm. Worth a full watch.

Ms

What a race. That was excellent. Great win by Mitch Evans. Delighted for him and Jaguar.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Watch Simms and Wherlein in that graphic video ^^. Simms up to 2nd in championship.

astrofluff wrote: »
    Watch Simms and Wherlein in that graphic video ^^. Simms up to 2nd in championship.

I like these type vids!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Didnt realise Vandoorne was leading the championship before, that's how tight the field. Great race behind Evans. Sims from 18 to 5? Just the attack mode cause more havoc than needed.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Reminder the Marrakesh race is on this weekend.

Friday 28th
    Shakedown/preview show
    Facebook: 1pm
    Youtube: 1pm

FP1
    Facebook: 3:40pm
    Youtube: 3:40pm
    BBC Red Button: 3:55pm - 4:55pm

Saturday 29th -
    FP2
    Facebook: 7:55am
    Youtube: 7:55am
    Virgin Media Sport: 7:55am - 8:40am
    BBC Red Button: 7:55am - 8:40am

Qualifying
    Eurosport 1: 10am - 11am
    Virgin Media Sport: 9:45am - 11:15am
    BBC Red Button: 9:45am - 11:15am

Race
    Eurosport 2: 1:45pm - 3pm
    Virgin Media Sport: 1:30pm - 3:30pm
    BBC 2: 1:30pm - 3:15pm

More Details Here

Ms

Cool. I like Marrakesh.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Cool, a lunchtime race, and it's on BBC2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

I'm going to give it a try again this year

I'm going to give it a try again this year

You won't be disappointed

(I really hope I haven't jinxed it now!)

This BBC2 pre-race coverage is so bland, and almost dismissive of how much people know about the series...

TheChrisD wrote: »
    This BBC2 pre-race coverage is so bland, and almost dismissive of how much people know about the series...

Ill only watch it on Virgin Media. They've shown it since season 1 so, as much as I hate them, I do want to give them a viewing figure for it

Ms

That was quiet a good race. Plenty of action and passing too. Wow Vergne and Buemi really cut that close with there energy. I think Gunter messed up a bit with his race strategy and lost the win because if it. I have to say Jean Eric Verne would get my driver of the day coming from 11th to 2nd. Well done to Antonio Felix De Costa for winning.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

antodeco wrote: »
    Ill only watch it on Virgin Media. They've shown it since season 1 so, as much as I hate them, I do want to give them a viewing figure for it

I did enjoy when it was on VM2/VM3; but after they decided it was only going to be available behind a €20/30/whatever-it-is-per-month paywall, I can't be arsed even acknowledging them as a broadcaster...

Advertisement