Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

That further confirms my suspicion.

I'd absolutely hate to be badgered by paps and reporters all the time.

Constantly getting the same question machinegunned at you? I'd snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭xtal191

Especially those TMZ twats

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Thats because he hasn't answered what's he's doing with the belts,a real fight what's he on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 rossi.

Thats because he hasn't answered what's he's doing with the belts,a real fight what's he on about.

What belts? He just has one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 another minute wasted

Looks like he's signed a big deal with Nike judging by his Instagram posts. Fair play to him if so, joining some real sporting greats to have worn their apparel. Let's hope he's more LeBron James than Tiger Woods.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Don't you know about the Nike curse?

dropped.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2 another minute wasted

I'm intrigued.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm intrigued.....

Just a joke that Jones, JDS, Anderson Silva all got Nike sponsorships and their careers went down the ****ter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

I'm intrigued.....

Just a joke that Jones, JDS, Anderson Silva all got Nike sponsorships and their careers went down the ****ter

PED'S, Just do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Remember when we were called deluded for thinking Conor could beat Robbie Lawler for the 170 belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Remember when we were called deluded for thinking Conor could beat Robbie Lawler for the 170 belt.

The Robbie fighting last night was a shadow of his former champion self. Not a chance he would beat the Lawler that fought MacDonald.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ASOT wrote: »
    The Robbie fighting last night was a shadow of his former champion self. Not a chance he would beat the Lawler that fought MacDonald.
    To be fair, peoplevwere saying he'd beat the Lawler that fought Condit - who's somewhere between the two (McDonald & RDA)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

ASOT wrote: »

That fight took a lot out of him. Another close war with Condit, Woodley smoked him. Cowboy beat him (IMO) and RDA absolutely dominated him all night. McGregor would have battered him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

That fight took a lot out of him. Another close war with Condit, Woodley smoked him. Cowboy beat him (IMO) and RDA absolutely dominated him all night. McGregor would have battered him

Lawler to me looks like a fighter who's heart isn't in it anymore. When he's at his best his fights are wars, I don't think he wants anymore of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Jesus lads, as much as Lawler is on the slide, he would drag Conor into deep waters and drown him.

Paully D wrote: »
    Jesus lads, as much as Lawler is on the slide, he would drag Conor into deep waters and drown him.

I'm not so sure. His cardio was suspect last night even though he was throwing much less. He was incredibly slow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Fintan is such a dickhead.

Summary of his article (italics are my additions):

Crumlin had a bad name in the 60's and 70s, if you said you lived in Crumlin "you probably wouldn't get called for a job interview".
    Then it changed the reality hit that Crumlin was "full of ordinary families who worked hard and led decent lives".
    Now "a single clown has changed the perception back"
    (Or in other words, Fintan knows that Crumlin people are still decent people, but everybody else in the world is thick and so they all think all Crumlin lads are scumbags because of McGregor!)

McGregor "showed contempt for the law" by "dramatically pulling into the car park in a BMW i8 and ostentatiously leaving the car doors open".
    (Note: when going to court, always close the car door!)

"Last week we had Instagram images of McGregor throwing £20 notes at lapdancers while his pals, Crumlin criminals, made lewd gestures. This is a disgusting kind of life"
    Anyone who's been to a strip club or lap dancing club - you know who you are - you are disgusting!! - But you probably knew that already (I did anyway :o )

"McGregor brands himself as just another kid from Crumlin so makes it both desirable and apparently attainable" to try and be like him.
    "The Crumlin kids who look up to him can live it only if they carve their way to the top of the drug dealing business".
    "For the vast majority it will lead to addicition, squalor, chaos and misery. They are infinitely more likely to die tryin' than to get rich".

There is plenty of real stuff to give out about McGregor, but by writing the above, Fintan proves that it is he himself who is a real scumbag. Blaming McGregor for turning people into drug dealers and drug addicts, FFS! And saying that's the only way a Crumlin person can become rich!! Impossible for a Crumlin person to become an entreprenuer, engineer, lawyer, etc. What a tool.

Phil Lynnot was a JUNKIE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Lukker- wrote: »
    Lawler to me looks like a fighter who's heart isn't in it anymore. When he's at his best his fights are wars, I don't think he wants anymore of that.
    I doubt it,he could easily have just quit last night with his leg busted up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Gamb!t wrote: »

Was it not a problem with his leg that wasnt being kicked? His left leg

Gamb!t wrote: »

Being a quitter is a separate issue. I don’t think he’d ever quit on the stool. He still looks way more tentative in his fights since his comeback, doesn’t have the same fire

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

Lukker- wrote: »
    I'm not so sure. His cardio was suspect last night even though he was throwing much less. He was incredibly slow too.

More suspect than 1.5 rounds? I love to watch McGregor fighting as much as anyone, but I don't see how he takes Robbie out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Inviere wrote: »
    More suspect than 1.5 rounds? I love to watch McGregor fighting as much as anyone, but I don't see how he takes Robbie out.

Story of his career isn't it........when the history books are wrote 'theres always someone who would beat him' ................it's the same after everyone one of his fking fights

"well that was great but he has no chance against z y and z"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Story of his career isn't it........when the history books are wrote 'theres always someone who would beat him' ................it's the same after everyone one of his fking fights

"well that was great but he has no chance against z y and z"

Nate took a bit of the shine off. "You beat all midgets," Diaz said. "I fought every f—ing week, forever, motherf—–. I've been in the UFC forever, fighting everybody. "You fight midgets".

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

cloudatlas wrote:
    Nate took a bit of the shine off. "You beat all midgets," Diaz said. "I fought every f—ing week, forever, motherf—–. I've been in the UFC forever, fighting everybody. "You fight midgets".

And Nate beat him but if he was a chicken he would have moved on. He didn't though, he got back in the ring with Nate. Nate is bigger than him too and he never backed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Inviere wrote:

Robbie has an awful defense and McGregor has power. It's an awful matchup for Robbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cloudatlas wrote: »

He was fighting in his weight class class. Nate is heavier.
    It would be like Woodley slagging Nate for fighting Midgets at Lightweight. Or TJ slagging MM's title run. It's not a valid criticism in terms what actually happened.
    Nate was was having a pop specifically in relation to their fight. He shouldn't be taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Conor was down at 145 and tbh his proper weight class is 155 but he only ever accepted one fight there. Won the belt and took his ball and went home. Conor owes alot 2 titles defences and nate rematch. Conor seems to have attitude once he gets what he wants he loses interest. Nate could have refused a rematch so conor owes him one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

eagle eye wrote: »
    Robbie has an awful defense and McGregor has power. It's an awful matchup for Robbie.

I think Robbie's resilience trumps Conor's impressive, but time limited power. Conor would have to fight a very measured fight, like he did with Nate 2. I don't think Robbie would give him the breathing room that Nate did though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement