Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 245 - Usman vs. Covington, Sat Dec 14th.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

You can see Goddard talking to Colby too. Assuming saying "show me something" or whatever they usually say. Said it 2 or 3 times and nothing. Time to stop the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Goddard has about 15 years experience I trust his opinion. It's easy to criticize watching on TV but they have the lives of fighters in their hands. Do they make mistakes? Absolutely as done any ref in any sport, they are only human.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Anyone that disagrees with that stoppage is retarded.

Covington was done. Great refereeing by Goddard.

As someone said earlier, the lust for people to see a guy unconscious is crazy. He was cooked

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

MrStuffins wrote: »
    He didn't really give Colby a chance.

A chance to accept more damage? What would the point of that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

MrStuffins wrote:
    I think Goddard was very quick to stop the fight. He didn't really give Colby a chance.
    He gave him a chance, he didn't stop it the first time he went down, he stopped it when he got back up got hit again and went down again with Usman going in for the kill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Ariel reporting colby got a flat 500k no PPV points.. Usman did

• Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭rob316

dave1982 wrote: »

When you take out taxes, expenses, cost of camp etc its really **** all for what you put on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Effects wrote: »
    A chance to accept more damage? What would the point of that be?

Finally caught up with seeing this fight and agree with this. Marc Goddard saved Colby from himself and I don't think there was any way Colby was recovering from that position when the fight was stopped. Some shots to the back of the head in the ending but I believe Usman had the presence of mind to adjust and start to change his shot placement.

Had it 2-2 in my head going into the 5th and Usman taking the round after the first knock down shy of an actual miracle from Colby.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

dave1982 wrote: »

It's no win bonus, not no ppv points.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,087 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's no win bonus, not no ppv points.
    A flat fee means no win bonus. Ariel is talking about no ppv points on top of the flat fee

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/28321467/forget-nunes-shields-harrison-fight

• Advertisement
Advertisement