Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 245 - Usman vs. Covington, Sat Dec 14th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

US2 wrote: »
    Good even fight this commentary wont shut up about aldo tho?

There is always a narrative with them. Other than the 2nd round Aldo didn't really outstrike him but was returning any one strike with 2 or 3 according to them. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,480 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That's a disgraceful decision, Aldo won that fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

I knew it lol

ERG89 wrote: »
    There is always a narrative with them. Other than the 2nd round Aldo didn't really outstrike him but was returning any one strike with 2 or 3 according to them. :confused:

I thought Aldo won the fight, but the commentary was ridiculously OTT. It was much closer than what they were claiming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Biggest Aldo fan about but...... I felt Moraes took it, Aldo took the foot off the pedal. Terrible bias on the comms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Had money on Aldo and I really wanted to believe what the commentators were saying, but I just didn't see it. Good decision IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Aldo won 2 of 3 rounds, easily, the only debate is whether he won all 3.

Judges in MMA are an absolute disgrace.

mangobob wrote: »
    I thought Aldo won the fight, but the commentary was ridiculously OTT. It was much closer than what they were claiming.

Aldo won it but they were drawing up the poster for him for the Cejudo fight he was getting springboard to as soon as he started throwing & not slowing. He did well to be fair but seeing them try to back pedal after the decision was quite fun.

Three title fights... Cannot wait!
    Nunes in one
    Holloway decision
    Colby decision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Still Ill wrote: »
    Three title fights... Cannot wait!
    Nunes in one
    Holloway decision
    Colby decision

Mad to think we might possibly have 1 hour and 15 mins of fighting left

• Advertisement

This would be some redemption for GDR if she wins here tonight, esp if she stops Nunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Thought that was a very even fight, if u had to call a winner it was marlin. Commentary blowing there load over aldo for nothing would turn u off watching , I dont want hype, 1 sided hype, just wanna see the fight n make my own judgement

Couldn't watch a fight on mute before a smart ass comments. Would love a commentary free option.

Randamine to win here ko ;)

I have a feeling there could be an upset here, style should suit De randamie. Nunes is a beast though and could make that prediction look silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Thought Aldo did just enough to get the decision but that 3rd rd he was non-existent.

Was there any reason for no leg-kicks by Aldo? Any injuries sustained, found it very strange as a couple of leg-kicks in each rd would have swung it for him.

WTF is Bruce wearing? Disgraceful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Aldo won 2 of 3 rounds, easily, the only debate is whether he won all 3.

Judges in MMA are an absolute disgrace.

Moraes won the first for me. Aldo clearly the second. Third was close, thought aldo shaded it but wouldn't argue against moraes either.

GDR looks like she doesnt even belong in there with AN.

Surely thats a 10-8

mangobob wrote: »
    GDR looks like she doesnt even belong in there with AN.

Surely thats a 10-8

Yeah, deffo a 10-8 in the first. Nunes probably lost the second though. Interesting fight now.

• Advertisement

Great recovery from GDR in rd 2

Another good fight this, randomine looks ****ed tho wont go the distance surly,?

GDR's grappling is worse than expected.

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Thought Aldo did just enough to get the decision but that 3rd rd he was non-existent.

Was there any reason for no leg-kicks by Aldo? Any injuries sustained, found it very strange as a couple of leg-kicks in each rd would have swung it for him.

Aldo hasn't thrown leg kicks in around 5 years?

I'm still surprised Nunes didn't finish the arm triangle in round one. Even on the ground she should be doing more than she is since. Nearly for caught at the start of round 4 which is nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Can’t get the fight on tv. Need updates. I’ve got Colby t finish 3rd round tko

49-45 imo

What a shame. That fight was entertaining on the feet, but turned into a one sided wrestle fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,480 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd guess 50-43.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Waitress for the judges to screw Nunes here.

Advertisement