Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Lotto Changes Today

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Stopped doing it after nearly 20 years. the new crowd knew they were going to do this when they bought it yet never revealed it. I hope their pension fund looses millions and they're left with nothing when they retire and the rest of the investors lose their business/investments and are all left destitute in need of hand outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Stopped doing it after nearly 20 years. the new crowd knew they were going to do this when they bought it yet never revealed it. I hope their pension fund looses millions and they're left with nothing when they retire and the rest of the investors lose their business/investments and are all left destitute in need of hand outs.

Those hand-outs will come from our PRSI, so I'd prefer to let them continue earning their own dime to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

"New Lotto changes introduced seven weeks ago have seen winners drop by a THIRD"

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/new-lotto-changes-introduced-seven-6693994

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

A relative just 3 numbers (on the +2)
    - and previously it meant you'd get a scratchcard or maybe a few dolla
    now it's nothing, nada, zilch.

I advised them just to do the pick 3 or 4 at the bookies, give direct to (small) charities or just not bother at all.
    The bookies reported have reported a 25%+rise on Ire Lotto (at shops) since the price rise, no wonder.

Those Retired Canadian Teachers have enough oil and natural resources to get with by already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Calibos wrote: »
    We've only sold 2. The last one was about 10 years ago and was a Lotto +1 for €300,000. Never claimed.

I wonder what happens to all the unclaimed winnings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

1988 (36-ball game) 1,947,792, ah those were the days.
    1992 (39-ball game) 3,262,623
    1994 (42-ball game) 5,245,786
    2006 (45-ball game) 8,145,060
    now 47 with balls (load of balls) its 10,737,573
    when it (eventually) goes to 49 integer units, look forward to 1 : 13,983,816!....

Even with these odds, I still firmly believe the outcome is manipulated ('fixed', if you will)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

"New Lotto changes introduced seven weeks ago have seen winners drop by a THIRD"

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/new-lotto-changes-introduced-seven-6693994
    Mirror analysis shows the number of prizewinners has dropped 33% since the controversial new system was introduced on September 3

I thought it was well publicised that the changes meant fewer number of winners, but larger prize totals?
    Not quiet getting the 'shock' at the report.

They should focus on the difference of paying players and amounts being given out to charitable causes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I thought it was well publicised that the changes meant fewer number of winners, but larger prize totals?
    Not quiet getting the 'shock' at the report.

They should focus on the difference of paying players and amounts being given out to charitable causes.

Afaik there are actually more ways of winning a prize. So for each draw you gave s slightly better chance of winning a prize and that prize will on average be more than before .

The mirror reports on the number of people actually winning a prize. It fails to highlight that less people are playing the lotto as a result of the price increase or are playing less lines.

So prior to price increase 1000 lines are played and 200 win prizes.

After the price increase 800 lines are played and 165 win prizes.

In effect the lines played V winning lines ratio is slightly up but the mirror chose to go with the 17% less winners route.

Lies, damn lies and statistics !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

You don't get anything for 3 numbers on the Lotto+2, so would therefore assume there are less prizes.

The raffle thing isn't a bad idea, but would still rather not bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Load of balls is all it is!

47 to be exact, but ruins my chances of winning now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement