Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Lotto Changes Today

Options
  • 05-09-2015 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭

The Irish lotto today is adding two extra numbers and the price increase is an extra 50-cent a line. From this day forward I will no longer be doing the Irish lotto regarding less chance of winning, so my question to You is this...

Will you quit doing the lotto now or will You still play it even though it's dearer and two extra numbers are included ?.

There is a new raffle thing on the lotto ticket as well whatever that is.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

I thought I had a decent chance when it was almost 8,000,000/1. Now its going to be almost 11,000,000/1 I think its a bloody disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Now it will cost a minimum of €4.

"In time of trouble and lousey strife,
    You have still got a darlint plan
    You still can turn to a brighter life -
    A pint of plain is your only man."
    -- Flann O'Brien (Brian O'Nolan)

Buy pint of beer instead.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

CardinalJ wrote: »
    I thought I had a decent chance when it was almost 8,000,000/1. Now its going to be almost 11,000,000/1 I think its a bloody disgrace.

That and mainly the price increase is a disgrace. But for folk that do the lotto... this question is for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Will you quit doing the lotto now or will You still play it even though it's dearer and two extra numbers are included ?.

Is there another choice? Like continue as before i.e. not pay the stupidity tax?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

More chance of been eaten by a shark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I'm so glad that Irish Lotto was sold off in order for some foreign company to profit from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

I'm so glad that Irish Lotto was sold off in order for some foreign company to profit from it.

Free Market ! I'm sure they will invest a good deal of the profits into Ireland.. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Quit fooling OP, you know you're still going to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Is there another choice? Like continue as before i.e. not pay the stupidity tax?

There is always the option to switch over to the euromillions!

May as well not win 30 million as not win 5 million :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Free Market ! I'm sure they will invest a good deal of the profits into Ireland.. :pac:

Or there'll be some very well looked after retired teachers in Ontario.

To be fair they do still have to make charitable donations (presumably to the same nominated charities as before and at the same level/percentage).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Finished with it as well...

If the price went up but the odds remained the same...or the vice versa I might have continued playing...

But no, not when they try to nail you twice...game over for the lotto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I too shall no longer pay the Idiot tax.

Bunch of chancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Menas wrote: »
    I too shall no longer pay the Idiot tax.

Bunch of chancers.

But you paid it up till now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, i will keep playing it, because it's the only viable option of getting the hell out of this crap fest that is working!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

More chance of been eaten by a shark.

In Lucan?

/aaaarrrrgggghhh, get that fcuker off my leg. Who let the dog shark out?

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Quit fooling OP, you know you're still going to play it.

Not a chance man. I'm done doing it. I'm completely out now. Never again, it's over for me personally, I'm being honest, I will not pay for this again.
    There is always the option to switch over to the euromillions!

May as well not win 30 million as not win 5 million

Good point :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

I've played it every week online as a bit of fun. I could afford it, so why not. I've played my last game tonight and I'll have a little tickle on the lotto via my PP account from now on

What's this raffle thing on the lotto ticket now ? It says... Raffle Numbers 6361 to 6364 What's this about ?.

It will be interesting to see in the coming weeks in regards to how may folk will actually stop playing. Will it affect the Irish lotto much ? time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

It was never about odds, more like Karma - or blind faith if you like.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

if and when I do the lottery again, it will be the Euro-millions.

There are 13 ways to win on Euro millions, as compared to 7 in the Irish Lotto.

I won €30 on the Irish Lotto a month ago, which was my first win in approx 10 years. I would do it maybe once every 2 weeks.

The last time I won it was €45 odd.

The UK lottery has better odds at winning something, than the Irish lotto.

• Advertisement

Any chance of a Poll here for the lotto stayers and lotto quitters ?

Continue to do the lotto regardless ?

Quitting the lotto now ?

I don't do the lotto ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Well if I be honest I rarely did the Irish lotto over the last few months since it was sold but bought a ticket for tonight to explain changes to my mam and dad. Do the euromillions for every draw will continue to do it every week. Might do the odd treble on numbers in bookies if I go in there for another reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

"Bigger and Better"is they're slogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

I'll be now focusing my efforts on the winning streak 3 stars. I know that my chances of getting picked are low, as I'm from Dublin and I've heard it's rigged. Thankfully, my boyfriend is from a wee midlands village so I'll be using his folks' address. Much better chance of getting on winning streak than of winning the lotto. Sure, it won't make you rich but it could set you up if you get lucky. Even if you walk away with 15k, you'd get a decent jammer, a holiday and a big party for your friends and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

You'd want to be a class A stupid **** to be doing that bull****, cop on morons.

Doh.
    How do I make a poll to post on boards so that people can answer my research question?

The option is just above the 'create post' button when creating a new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

The Lotto can join the ever-growing list of things that can go **** themselves as far as I'm concerned.

I should have stuck to my passionate game of gambling called roulette. I had a good nack with that a while back, won €96 on roulette in around 20 minutes. Thank God I have no access to a credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Ella McSweeny presenting it tonight. I've 2 balls here she can have for free or i'll gladly pay her 50cents...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

"Tally hoe to the lotto" should be the new slogan.

Back in the olden days sure there was plenty a winner,
    my neighbour here on Accumulator Avenue got 1.5m back in the 90's.

The bookies will benefit now, around 600/1 for 3 balls is a fine day out anyway.

The retired teachers of Toronto etc will have to fend for themselves,
    on the plus side there's good fishing n' hunting up there, be grand.

Advertisement