Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many on one gun?

Options
  • 18-01-2021 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Just a quick one trying to get my cousin licensed on my gun which I’m already licensed on. Guards rang him and asked if it was allowed to have two licensed on the one firearm. I’m 99% sure it is but just wanted to confirm. Hoping someone here might know, can’t believe the guard rang my cousin to check the rules though haha shows what they know.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Yes.

As many as you like. If your cousin intends to store the rifle at his/hers from tie to time they'll have to meet the same storage requirements as any applicant but if its always going to be at yours note this on the FCA1 and there should be no need for them to meet the storage requirements.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

kjl412 wrote: »
    Just a quick one trying to get my cousin licensed on my gun which I’m already licensed on. Guards rang him and asked if it was allowed to have two licensed on the one firearm. I’m 99% sure it is but just wanted to confirm. Hoping someone here might know, can’t believe the guard rang my cousin to check the rules though haha shows what they know.

You mean they don't know their own laws/policies, and have to ask :eek:

Advertisement