Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Free Tree Magazine and Tree Calendar

Free Sea Shanty CD

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Free Tree Magazine and Tree Calendar

Free Sea Shanty CD
    free toby jug incoming

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

dvcireland wrote: »
    free toby jug incoming

Along with free turf art, undoubtedly.

It’s Friday, so we are due to have a child “call in” for the competition.

Said child will be an avid reader, with a simply wonderful teacher. They will also have siblings who, when prompted by Tubridy, said child will say that they are annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Interesting topic for the call today! Enjoyable listening!

Unfortunately it lasted less than 10 mins, then over 10min after reading out texts. It was good while it lasted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

did you hear any "Birdsong" at 4.35 am this morning?

No. I went for a podcast on my way into work caller.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Interesting topic for the call today! Enjoyable listening!

Perhaps Tubs read Mick Heaney’s praise for him today, where he said 9-10 was a nice break from the miserable stories of the day.

Tubs said earlier that he found Morning Ireland very depressing this morning (I’m paraphrasing from memory).

Seconds after being told that one of the reasons they sing is to mark their territory, Tubs asks

“Is one of the reasons they sing territorial?”

Not listening to the caller is a skill not just limited to Joe Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Perhaps Tubs read Mick Heaney’s praise for him today, where he said 9-10 was a nice break from the miserable stories of the day.

Tubs said earlier that he found Morning Ireland very depressing this morning (I’m paraphrasing from memory).

He said that it's always depressing and that it can be hard to listen to. MI has to lead with the news, good or bad. And that his show aims to cheer people up agter MI.

But Tubridy chooses to have illness and death as part of his radio and TV show, he actively drags both programmes in that direction, it is his choice.

The irony of what he said was totally lost on him.

What a coincidence. The random child who “called in” for the quiz just happened to have met Joe Biden!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Interesting Michael redmond said what Heaney said for free
    The only problem with the Covid vaccine is that once the virus is eradicated, all small talk will revert back to the prevailing weather
    Just get Michael redmond to host tubs shows

What a coincidence. The random child who “called in” for the quiz just happened to have met Joe Biden!!!!

I, for one, am shocked.

Note: the above may contain some sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

The Birdman of Dublin 4 was getting into it this morning! Mr Nature himself, enjoying the birdsong in his garden.

He should have told the bird expert about the pleasure he took in finding one of these birds decapitated. Remember that? When he said he loves seeing gruesome stuff like that?

In fact, he should have went the whole hog (animal pun intended) and recounted his hilarious joke about the cat that was skinned alive a few years back. One of his classics. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/tubridy-offended-with-cat-incident-1.410396

The Birdman of Dublin 4 was getting into it this morning! Mr Nature himself, enjoying the birdsong in his garden.

He should have told the bird expert about the pleasure he took in finding one of these birds decapitated. Remember that? When he said he loves seeing gruesome stuff like that?

In fact, he should have went the whole hog (animal pun intended) and recounted his hilarious joke about the cat that was skinned alive a few years back. One of his classics. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/tubridy-offended-with-cat-incident-1.410396

Must remember this line:
    RTÉ regretted that offence was taken but the style of the programme was "light-hearted and jokey".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Must remember this line:

It's a cracker alright!

Remember though; if you make light hearted and jokey comments about him, it's actually bullying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Knocked out a few beautiful kindnesses on the LLS before getting the misery horn on.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29153225d55777eed132d7372c535fb9eb5c85acdb&rid=giphy.gif

As suggested by a boardsie. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

If he sees that, he'll have a búdán on him like a thermos flask.

This Alan Partridge Tribute Act is very good in fairness.

I’ve lost count of the beautifuls already.

• Advertisement

I’ve lost count of the beautifuls already.

How's de I?

How's de I?

Mostly good to be fair. The vision is a little blurry and the eye itself is flicking/blinking involuntarily but I was told to expect those. Slave that I am I was in early this morning, which if you think about it is incredible that after such a procedure you can be back to almost normal within 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

why does he get such a hard on for American politics?

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Mostly good to be fair. The vision is a little blurry and the eye itself is flicking/blinking involuntarily but I was told to expect those. Slave that I am I was in early this morning, which if you think about it is incredible that after such a procedure you can be back to almost normal within 48 hours.

So yiz does be winking at people involuntarily, could be mixed messages goes around :D
    Be careful with de drivin an dat.

Multimillionaire tax avoider advises paupers to stay in bed.

The SoCoDu equivalent of “let them eat cake”.

why does he get such a hard on for American politics?

Old family connections as far as I can see. One Olivia Tubridy from Galway is documented to have been friendly with Kennedy's. Whichever family member Olivia was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Multimillionaire tax avoider advises paupers to stay in bed.

The SoCoDu equivalent of “let them eat cake”.

Just short of telling the 12 hour shift pulling ICU nurse homeschooling children one of whom is autistic "have a duvet day day and breakfast in bed"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Tubridy pretending that he doesn't actually look down his nose at the Mills And Boons books

Tubridy awkward as always on libraries, has hardly ever been inside one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

Books, books books. Anytime I switch on its books. Are there no other (non covid ) topics that he can focus on?

Or maybe I am just unlucky in the times I switch him on?

Advertisement