Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Would be gas if claire byrne live had a mock up of a red line luas to demonstrate the absolute thuggery that happens on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

US politics - Check

And now the book segment.

Teachers still to come

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Is this a special inauguration episode?

Ryan to author caller "Are you interested in all of THAT !!?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,710 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Can’t bring myself to listen to him today.

Is a listener/guest going to call in and mention RTE salaries? :D

It's a good thing she didnt launch the book yesterday it would have gone unnoticed!

• Advertisement

"It's not because... (I'm special) that I get special service."

I texted him, but seeing as I’m not in Montrose it probably won’t get read out.

Double book shop plug for family and friends. Good luck to anyone trying to compete who arent able to serve Ryan's family and friends.

It’s not as if we have anything else to talk about!

I texted them to ask about RTE fees/salaries. I know, I just wasted 50c!

50c!! You really need to change your phone plan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I texted him, but seeing as I’m not in Montrose it probably won’t get read out.

Won't even receive it. Internal texts only caller

• Advertisement

"My dad died in november"

"I'm sorry about that" says ryan as he leans slowly back into his chair and cracks his knuckles. You are on his territory now lady.

Her father's death was "nice" She should get on to Joe today

Somebody actually relieved that their private family funeral was actually nice and private due to Covid restrictions and that she didn't have to shake hands with people she never laid eyes in before.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,037 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I was just thinking about all the times I have ever listened to his show, and I can't remember one interview when RT had someone on with a contrasting viewpoint on a subject to himself.

There is never a debate or argument over any subject matter.

All his contributors come on to talk about things he agrees with.

A very one-sided programme.

Yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 33,037 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Why are Irish people in Ireland saying the last four years for *themselves* have been 'a nightmare' because of stuff in a foreign country?

I have been saying this for the last 4 years.
    My life, my family's life and all of the people I know lives, have been unaffected by Trump being president.

Yet you'd think everyone in the world's lives were ruined by him.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I was just thinking about all the times I have ever listened to his show, and I can't remember one interview when RT had someone on with a contrasting viewpoint on a subject to himself.

There is never a debate or argument over any subject matter.

All his contributors come on to talk about things he agrees with.

A very one-sided programme.

I don't think that's a coincidence. I'd say it's a prerequisite that "callers" are checked out and instructed that the show just doesn't do debate.

Now I'm embarrassed for you too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭bigroad

Bad line caller ,don't mention the war so to speak.
    500k is a drop in the ocean for the RTE golden circle and anyway you know their worth every penny.

"Declan McManus is that Elvis Costello's name"?!! Duh Ryan..

• Advertisement

Ryan trying the stupid Duffy puns

To think how many thousands of euro ryan got for this last hour would make you sick, especially when the incredible work of nurses and special needs teachers is being highlighted in the news recently.

You cant tell me that anymore than an hour tops went into the production of this effort today.
    0 minutes prep for gibbering about the inauguration that he watched yesterday, 0 minutes for reading out "texts", 10 mins queuing up the poetry clips, 10mins planning out the worlds most boring interview and 10mins sorting out the freebies.

Tubridy is holding the country together..

Who knew ;)

Ryan being pulled off live on air! Amazing radio.

"You're doing a great job with LLS, a bit of sanity in the week, holding the national together"

Required statement to make during interview, caller, if you are to get on air on the RTS.

Ryan is so worth his wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭KevRossi

If anybody were to break through and ask about the wages, they'd be fobbed off as 'trolls and haters', which is RT's way of delaing with any form of criticism.

It sounds a bit like 'The Truman Show' where a couple of times people managed to breach the almost impenetrable wall of security around it.

Somebody actually relieved that their private family funeral was actually nice and private due to Covid restrictions and that she didn't have to shake hands with people she never laid eyes in before.

That’s exactly how I felt last year at my father’s funeral.

Lol getting the name of the 'name we will hear a lot of in the future' wrong

Imagine Dee Forbes calling Tubridy and Duffy into a room and saying that to them.

• Advertisement

It's a wonder, all the same, how a very occasional cynical guest troll hasn't got through at least once and given a little dig somewhere. Just never happens. Are these interviews edited or dispensed with altogether when such a matter comes up.

Advertisement