Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Options

Comments

Will try to imagine standing in the shoes of a €500,000 earner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭bigroad

It's a wonder, all the same, how a very occasional cynical guest troll hasn't got through at least once and given a little dig somewhere. Just never happens. Are these interviews edited or dispensed with altogether when such a matter comes up.
    I would say a lot of the caller's are friends or friends of friends of Rte employees.
    Or are the type that have a picture of RT hanging in their living room.

bigroad wrote: »
    I would say a lot of the caller's are friends or friends of friends of Rte employees.
    Or are the type that have a picture of RT hanging in their living room.

This is the only person I personally know of who spoke on the show, as the widower of my late cousin.

https://radio.rte.ie/radio1highlights/the-ryan-tubridy-show-mark-earley/

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Lol getting the name of the 'name we will hear a lot of in the future' wrong

Unlike D'Arcy, he can probably spell "Taoiseach" though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭bigroad

Before I go for my next job position I must drop into NK management to negotiate my salary as he will be sure to get me ten times what I'm really worth.
    The man is mirical worker.

• Advertisement

bigroad wrote: »
    Before I go for my next job position I must drop into NK management to negotiate my salary as he will be sure to get me ten times what I'm really worth.
    The man is mirical worker.

I think you'll find you won't be of interest to him unless your job is in RTE or you're related to someone who works there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Expunge

Imagine Dee Forbes calling Tubridy and Duffy into a room and saying that to them.

Well, it's Noel she'd be talking to and that's where all RTE management for decades seem to wilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

lol. The 2020 Toy Show is one of the top 5 Roald Dahl adaptions of all time, according to themselves. What a sickening organisation.

https://www.rte.ie/culture/2021/0115/1190000-devito-to-toy-show-top-5-roald-dahl-reboots/

I think you'll find you won't be of interest to him unless your job is in RTE or you're related to someone who works there.

Don't forget he has some non RTE on his stable, but of course he is in a position to sell any of his wares to RTÉ.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

His favourite poet is Amanda Gorman and his favourite actor is Sidney Poitier.
    or Sydney Potter as grand dad in Only fools & horses referred to him as

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement

dvcireland wrote: »
    or Sydney Potter as grand dad in Only fools & horses referred to him as

Dat wud be Joe Duffy's pronunciation of de actor's name.

I don't think that's a coincidence. I'd say it's a prerequisite that "callers" are checked out and instructed that the show just doesn't do debate.
    as mentioned previously, if you enter a phone in competition you are vetted for your kindness level

• Registered Users Posts: 13,147 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Tubridy would take this job for 100k a year.

An hour of just chatting rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,218 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

zuutroy wrote: »
    lol. The 2020 Toy Show is one of the top 5 Roald Dahl adaptions of all time, according to themselves. What a sickening organisation.

https://www.rte.ie/culture/2021/0115/1190000-devito-to-toy-show-top-5-roald-dahl-reboots/

You know what they say about self praise.

Tubridy would take this job for 100k a year.

An hour of just chatting rubbish.

He'd be seriously overpaid at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

He’s already mentioned it several times this year, not the first mention by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,430 ✭✭✭KevRossi

In the meantime let the misery continue!!!

On the LLS tomorrow night he interviews a woman whose husband died of COVID a mere 7 days ago.

And a woman who lost both her parents in the Stardust disaster (40th anniversary in a couple of weeks).

And also James Comey, former head of the FBI, who has of course, some sort of Irish heritage. Will he brush over the dirty side of Comey's work? He will indeed.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2021/0121/1191213-ryan-tubridy-announces-some-of-his-late-late-guests/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

KevRossi wrote: »
    In the meantime let the misery continue!!!

On the LLS tomorrow night he interviews a woman whose husband died of COVID a mere 7 days ago.

And a woman who lost both her parents in the Stardust disaster (40th anniversary in a couple of weeks).

And also James Comey, former head of the FBI, who has of course, some sort of Irish heritage. Will he brush over the dirty side of Comey's work? He will indeed.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2021/0121/1191213-ryan-tubridy-announces-some-of-his-late-late-guests/

We will reach peak late late show when they finally get to switch off someone's life support on air or maybe a cctv feed from Dignitas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

When will RTE realise we can't take anymore of this sh..e on a so called entertainment show which it's not . Graham and Ross know what an entertaining show is.

• Advertisement

The likes of these stories suit all parties.
    It's a case of you scratch my back......

Rte gets people talking about the toy show and the Mirror fills column space.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It's always The Mirror these days. He mentions them fairly regular as well

Storm 10 wrote: »
    When will RTE realise we can't take anymore of this sh..e on a so called entertainment show which it's not . Graham and Ross know what an entertaining show is.

I'm just furious at this and really don't want to subject myself to watching this. What really annoys me is that I live alone, isolated for months in this wretched Covid, I should be able to enjoy LIVE entertainment TV from my national broadcaster to give myself a sense of immediate connection with the world, and not have constant grief and misery foisted upon me. I can't really escape, I can't go out anywhere, I can't meet people, it's dark out there, I'm seeing bad news all the time, I need cheering up. How bloody dare anyone tell me I should switch over and watch something else that's recorded. How dare any media person tell me how to improve my mental health when this is foisted onto the screen of my national tv station. RTÉ should be ashamed of themselves, and only those who have a vested interest could seriously defend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,549 ✭✭✭✭elperello

NIMAN wrote: »
    The likes of these stories suit all parties.
    It's a case of you scratch my back......

Rte gets people talking about the toy show and the Mirror fills column space.

Exactly, it's called showbiz.

It's got stars, "celebrities", agents and all sorts of gossip and chit chat.

How people continue to be surprised at the existence of the merry little caravan amazes me.

Noel Kelly must know someone high up at The Mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,549 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Showbiz without agents who know who to phone.

Who'd have thunk it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

I'm just furious at this and really don't want to subject myself to watching this. What really annoys me is that I live alone, isolated for months in this wretched Covid, I should be able to enjoy LIVE entertainment TV from my national broadcaster to give myself a sense of immediate connection with the world, and not have constant grief and misery foisted upon me. I can't really escape, I can't go out anywhere, I can't meet people, it's dark out there, I'm seeing bad news all the time, I need cheering up. How bloody dare anyone tell me I should switch over and watch something else that's recorded. How dare any media person tell me how to improve my mental health when this is foisted onto the screen of my national tv station. RTÉ should be ashamed of themselves, and only those who have a vested interest could seriously defend it!
    I agree completely, just like Operation Transformation, Ireland’s fittest families & the Style Counsellor’s, cheap exploitation fodder to feed the masses & make the so called host feel good for themselves!
    In other, pure & utter ****e!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29ba87775797c206e834b779fb36c6e8dc143dd170&rid=giphy.gif

Is that not an oxymoron?

• Advertisement

Is that not an oxymoron?
    did you hear any "Birdsong" at 4.35 am this morning?

Advertisement