Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL Playoffs - Divisional round

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,033 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

D9Male wrote: »
    I backed the Packers to win the Super Bowl, but I am not confident. They might sneak a win tonight, but they will struggle against all remaining offences.

Wouldn't be too concerned next week - Chiefs are an issue for any defense if they meet in the SB.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭threeball

Bills to complete a good night for the teams round the great lakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

threeball wrote: »
    I don't think so. I think the Bills and Chiefs are better. I expect both to come through this weekend so whoever comes from that conference championship will take the Superbowl imo. GB cough up too many big plays against good passing teams. Even Goff got alot of handy yards tonight on those couple of drives.

I predict Josh Allen will crumble in a Suberbowl against Aaron Rogers unless he has balls of steel. I'd love to see how that plays out if it happens!

There are big worries for the Chiefs statistically this year compared to last, especially in the Redzone on defence. And lets face it.... back to back Superbowls are like hens teeth! The odds are massively in favour of them not doing it!

Edit: The only coaches to win multiple Superbowls since the salary cap was introduced in the NFL are Mike Shanahan, Tom Coughlan & of course Bill Belichick (it really makes what he has achieved all the more outstanding!). Andy Reid will be joining some esteemed company if the Chiefs win again

• Registered Users Posts: 39,557 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Paleface wrote: »
    I predict Josh Allen will crumble in a Suberbowl against Aaron Rogers unless he has balls of steel. I'd love to see how that plays out if it happens!

There are big worries for the Chiefs statistically this year compared to last, especially in the Redzone on defence. And lets face it.... back to back Superbowls are like hens teeth! The odds are massively in favour of them not doing it!

Was it last post season that the chiefs fell behind in their playoffs games but came back ? I think it was but at some point that becomes a hill too step to climb. Yeah in the super bowl era back to back wins isn’t unheard of but it’s not easy.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Was it last post season that the chiefs fell behind in their playoffs games but came back ? I think it was but at some point that becomes a hill too step to climb. Yeah in the super bowl era back to back wins isn’t unheard of but it’s not easy.

Yep! See my edit...

• Advertisement

Allen isn't facing Aaron Rodgers though he's facing the D line. Who are good but soft enough in the secondary and Diggs, Beasley and a couple of others are playing very well. I think they have enough to get it done against the Chiefs unless they step it up this week. I'm a Packers fan but not convinced they will go all the way.

Not quite with you on the Superbowl point when we get to this stage of the season. The reason why it is so hard is there is normally an exodus of talent in FA or they pick up more injuries the following year to key players. Neither has happened to them so I wouldn't say at all that the odds are massively against them at this stage, I'd actually put them as strong favourites - every team has question marks and no one has the same offensive talent. Anything can happen in a given game but that is where things are pointing

Bills to complete a good night for the teams round the great lakes.

giphy.gif

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Not quite with you on the Superbowl point when we get to this stage of the season. The reason why it is so hard is there is normally.....

There is no normal. Its just ridiculously hard.

On the Packers, imagine what they could look like if they hadn't thrown away the front part of their draft last year.

In the first two rounds they picked up a QB that was inactive and a 3rd string RB that carried the ball 6 times tonight (also giving up a 4th round pick to move up for that QB).

If they don't win this year serious questions have to be asked what the hell was going on during that draft. That team with 2 premier talents from that draft would be a scary proposition for any remaining team

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

Should have saved that one until you got the win. You blew your load to early on this :D

There is no normal. Its just ridiculously hard.

The main reasons why it is hard is because of the reasons I posted.

Put most of the previous Superbowl teams into the divisional round with practically no one leaving in FA no injuries and the numbers that would repeat would be much higher.

Most of the time **** happens during FA or during the 16 game regular season to make it much harder but at this point they're down to 3 games. You seem to be looking at the season long difficulty rather than where the Chiefs are at this point

Put most of the previous Superbowl teams into the divisional round with practically no one leaving in FA no injuries and the numbers that would repeat would be much higher.

Most of the time **** happens during FA or during the 16 game regular season to make it much harder but at this point they're down to 3 games. You seem to be looking at the season long difficulty rather than where the Chiefs are at this point

No I am looking at the facts. They are not the same team as last year. No team ever is. Its the cruel beauty of the NFL.

My main worry for the Chiefs is their inability to close out games. Even games where they were blowing away the opposition they end up hanging on in the end to win by a score. Eventually you'll get caught even if you are obviously better than everyone else. Maybe they step it up tomorrow. If they were playing anyone but the browns I think they could have been in serious bother.

My main worry for the Chiefs is their inability to close out games. Even games where they were blowing away the opposition they end up hanging on in the end to win by a score. Eventually you'll get caught even if you are obviously better than everyone else. Maybe they step it up tomorrow. If they were playing anyone but the browns I think they could have been in serious bother.

.... almost seems like their defence has declined....

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Come on ravens on this one. I like the wild offense of them. U don't know what they will do and neither do they ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Come on ravens on this one. I like the wild offense of them. U don't know what they will do and neither do they ha

I’m saying LJackson struggles through the air tonight

Bills win by 10

CMcsporty wrote: »
    I’m saying LJackson struggles through the air tonight

Bills win by 10

Only if they use the air ha. Big holes in the bills so far

Edit: big sack on Jackson as I posted that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

4-2 (0.667) on the week leaves me at 169-93 (0.645) on the season

Packers
    Bills
    Chiefs
    Buccs

Seems I didn't bother with this earlier.

Oops.

I hope I'm wrong about the Buccs though. Just don't see the Saints going 3/3.

DOINK!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It never ends well when a cpmmentator mentions how well a kicker is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

5 missed kicks in the last 7 games for Tucker now.

For someone who is seen as one of the best of all-time, he's heading sharply in the wrong direction of late.

BrentMused wrote: »
    5 missed kicks in the last 7 games for Tucker now.

For someone who is seen as one of the best of all-time, he's heading sharply in the wrong direction of late.

The yips!

Only if they use the air ha. Big holes in the bills so far

Edit: big sack on Jackson as I posted that lol

I’m coming from a low base of knowledge!

Just a hunch that he will struggle to find yards deep when needed

CMcsporty wrote: »
    I’m coming from a low base of knowledge!

Just a hunch that he will struggle to find yards deep when needed

Not lower than me. Only started watching seriously a few weeks ago ha

An utterly horrific drop from Dobbins on 3rd down, followed by an even worse punt from Koch on 4th down.

And to think the Ravens special teams is usually their biggest strength!

You can count on one hand the amount of poor punts Koch has had over the years.

Not lower than me. Only started watching seriously a few weeks ago ha

We’ll be experts in a few weeks!

That's some flop from Allen! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,557 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Bills take the lead. That tucker FG miss for a kicker of his talent is worrying.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Bills take the lead. That tucker FG miss for a kicker of his talent is worrying.

Thats a fairly hefty breeze and those balls really catch the wind.

Advertisement