Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL Playoffs - Divisional round

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Paleface wrote: »
    I always wondered about why the need to even hide your mouth. They use code for all play calls anyway. The QB calls the same code when he has to at the line. If you've cracked the code then sure it would be worth knowing whats being said. Am I missing something else that McVay employs?

There's probably more being said to the qb and I wouldn't put it past NFL teams to have somebody with eyes on the play caller at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Masked Man wrote: »
    There's probably more being said to the qb and I wouldn't put it past NFL teams to have somebody with eyes on the play caller at all times.

You wouldn’t put it past teams because it’s happened. Coaches have been paranoid for decades about other teams spying on them.

Love to hear real fan sounds in a stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Masked Man wrote: »

Especially with McVay. When he started with the Rams they used to have Goff line up early so McVay could coach him through what he was seeing out there and calling shifts and telling him who he should be trying to get it to. Not sure how much he is still doing it these days but there are probably good nuggets of information from what he is saying.

TD packers. The rams defence isn’t looking the no1 in the league. Extra point was a messy one which they didn’t get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭cosatron

So far so good. Rodgers playing well o line is excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭threeball

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Especially with McVay. When he started with the Rams they used to have Goff line up early so McVay could coach him through what he was seeing out there and calling shifts and telling him who he should be trying to get it to. Not sure how much he is still doing it these days but there are probably good nuggets of information from what he is saying.

I think overly so. If McVay had Rodgers in his team it wouldn't work. He seems to want to control everything so a poor QB or a rookie is ideal for him. A Rodgers or Brees wouldn't be able to take that much interference

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I’m surprised this game is 3-3 after one quarter. The packers should have had a TD.

This aged like milk.

😂😂😂😂

EDIT: As did that.

Ah that’s madness.

TD Green Bay. Has Pam Oliver had health issues in the past few years ?

TD Green Bay. Has Pam Oliver had health issues in the past few years ?

Just demoted to team 2

https://www.sportscasting.com/foxs-pam-oliver-was-humiliated-when-erin-andrews-replaced-her-on-top-team/

I'm all for Erin Andrews tbh.

• Advertisement

Did you not hear her speaking just after the half ? She didn’t sound okay.

Edit: I know she was demoted but that wasn’t my point.

Did you not hear her speaking just after the half ? She didn’t sound okay.

Edit: I know she was demoted but that wasn’t my point.

Oh sorry. No I didn't see her.

Oh sorry. No I didn't see her.

Well either it’s the cold or she’s having a medical issue because she was badly slurring her words.

TD rams after a bit of trickery and then gets the 2 point conversion so seven point game late third quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

That 2PT was a beaut of a play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Hmm this game is getting interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Clever by the Rams to be fair.

You'd wonder if they have anything else left up their sleeve though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

McVay is calling a great game here. That last drive was class from a playcalling point of view, Green Bay defense looking a bit lost at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭letowski

Rams are back in this game, but you have to think that unless they're dline starts getting more pressure on Rodgers, GB should be able to move the ball up the field handy enough.

Clever by the Rams to be fair.

You'd wonder if they have anything else left up their sleeve though.

To be fair mcvay trusted the game plan because that first cam Akers run was bad. And yeah that 2-pt conversation was nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Come on the rams..love a come from behind win

Two big stops by the Rams. Squeaky bum time for the Packers. Need to stop the big plays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I backed the Packers to win the Super Bowl, but I am not confident. They might sneak a win tonight, but they will struggle against all remaining offences.

TD packers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

D9Male wrote: »
    I backed the Packers to win the Super Bowl, but I am not confident. They might sneak a win tonight, but they will struggle against all remaining offences.

They are up against the best defence in the NFL. If they win now I'd back them to go all the way!

Edit: Looks like they will win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Also up against the worst remaining offence. Looks like they will win tonight, but their D is unconvincing.

Game over

Rams go for it on 4th down and don’t get it. Time isn’t their friend and neither is being down 14.

Two minute warning. If Aaron Donald wasn’t fit to play then he shouldn’t have been dressed. I know he’s a special talent but that’s only if he’s good to play. Sean mcvay can say they aren’t limited his snaps but clearly they were.

• Advertisement

They are up against the best defence in the NFL. If they win now I'd back them to go all the way!

Edit: Looks like they will win

I don't think so. I think the Bills and Chiefs are better. I expect both to come through this weekend so whoever comes from that conference championship will take the Superbowl imo. GB cough up too many big plays against good passing teams. Even Goff got alot of handy yards tonight on those couple of drives.

Advertisement