Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Followed this last year, I'll throw my hat in the ring this year

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Followed this last year, I'll throw my hat in the ring this year

Delighted to have you on board!

And then there were two...

Slots remaining :D

HURRY THE **** UP PEOPLE

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

HURRY THE **** UP PEOPLE

Fear not young padawan, for Sign Ups will close tomorrow at 6pm

Aiming to get Round 1 up and running for around 7pm then and the drafting madness can begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Im very curious to see how much of a effect AEW talent have on the draft.

Im not talking about Mox, Cody etc, Im thinking about the newer talent that AEW have given platforms too like Sammy, Jungle Boy, Eddie Kingston, etc. All will make big impacts in the first ten rounds.

May I make a request that Brodie Lee/ Luke Harper be exempt from the draft pool. Its too soon for me personally.

• Advertisement

That's a fair request - unless there's an objection then I've no issue including an exemption for him when I post the Picks thread.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sadly ill have to bow out this year :( Already doing an online course which I'm in full procrastination mode and wont have time for the Draft but will be keeping an eye on it.

Good luck to everyone and enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I wouldn't be in favour of removing Brodie Lee from the pool. I think he is a solid pick for whoever wants to form the Wyatt Family stable, or even just have him and Rowan. I'd be of the opinion that including him is a recognition of his talent.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Can't resist... I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

I wouldn't be in favour of removing Brodie Lee from the pool. I think he is a solid pick for whoever wants to form the Wyatt Family stable, or even just have him and Rowan. I'd be of the opinion that including him is a recognition of his talent.

I understood beaker’s request and was in favour of it, but this is a very good counter argument. Don’t think I’d draft him personally, but would be in favour of being available again!

• Advertisement

daithi1989 wrote: »
    I understood beaker’s request and was in favour of it, but this is a very good counter argument. Don’t think I’d draft him personally, but would be in favour of being available again!

I too believe its a very good counter point. Having considered it, I too think it would be wrong ti exculde him.

Its just so raw. Cant believe hes gone.

Welcome aboard Mr. Guappa. So close to filling the roster now, still time to sign up!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Are we going to get a full house? Anyone looking in should take the final spot should jump at it!!

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Are we going to get a full house? Anyone looking in should take the final spot should jump at it!!

I think what we'll do is keep that final spot open till the end of Round 1 if it isn't filled by this evening.

A latecomer may be tempted when they see the drafting start.

Aiming to have the Picks thread up around 7pm this evening and we can kick off then either way.

So.... PW Drafters....

H9cEqB.gif

NO NO NO

tenor.gif?itemid=5011220

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Necro wrote: »
    I think what we'll do is keep that final spot open till the end of Round 1 if it isn't filled by this evening.

A latecomer may be tempted when they see the drafting start.

Aiming to have the Picks thread up around 7pm this evening and we can kick off then either way.

So.... PW Drafters....

H9cEqB.gif

NO NO NO

tenor.gif?itemid=5011220

tenor.gif

connemara man returns to PW Draft to complete our 2021 roster!!!

1. Mr. Nice Guy
    2. Bounty Hunter
    3. beakerjoe
    4. Necro
    5. daithi1989
    6. Yadiel Teeny Logging
    7. paulie21
    8. JP Liz V1
    9. The White Wolf
    10. SlickRic
    11. Uncle Walt
    12. brianregan09
    13. NITRO95
    14. ShagNastii
    15. bennyl10
    16. A Brad Maddox Guy
    17. thebostoncrab
    18. wrestlemaniac
    19. Mr. Guappa
    20. connemara man

Any subs that want to sign up feel free to let me know in case of drop outs...

How I feel now...

giphy.gif

Slickric, Walt, BH....and my favorite MNG, THEY'RE ALL HERE!

Picks Thread is Live folks.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115815712#post115815712

Gonna keep this thread as the General Discussion thread as well seeing as y'all are subscribed here....

Back in 35 mins or so with the Round 1 draw... AND stipulation ;)

Ah... I couldn't wait 35 mins.. :pac:

We need a new discussion thread.

Like the stip. No idea who I want yet.

Are double main events counting or is it simply participants that matches went on last?

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    We need a new discussion thread.

Like the stip. No idea who I want yet.

Are double main events counting or is it simply participants that matches went on last?

Double mains are fine. I think you had the stip a few years back, I loved it at the time.

I've put my request into the mods to repurpose this thread into our discussion thread as well, keep it mostly together :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭NITRO95

FFS last to pick. Is it another random draw for the next round or will the order snake?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Can I pull a HHH and say “Well you know, some people said your match was the main event pal”?

NITRO95 wrote: »
    FFS last to pick. Is it another random draw for the next round or will the order snake?

Lucky for you NITRO Round 2 is reverse order... so you will get a nice double pick :D

There'll be a stip too but I'll reveal that later when we're closer to the end of this round

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Necro wrote: »
    Double mains are fine. I think you had the stip a few years back, I loved it at the time.

Does this mean WM 2 had three main events because each venue had a match card with an advertised main even

Yep, all three main events would count

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Won't do it this year

Best of luck to everyone and im sure ill be reading the events

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Almost feel bad being so late to make up my mind to join and get 5th... Almost...

BH has been PMed, will be on when he wakes up I'm sure :)

Delighted with Hogan, haven't had him before and was hoping he would fall to me in the event that Austin once more slipped away from me :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Hogan is great fun to write for. He did a mighty fine job for me last year.

Happy to have HBK on board myself. PM sent and thread title changed, kept the sign up part incase anyone wants to pop in to add themselves as a sub. Mighty fine roster of players we have this year

Advertisement