Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Pick made PM sent
    Had three in mind (was hoping my other options would be taken) and decided to go with Roman such a good guy to right for especially these days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Last years Picks thread is still stickied. Maybe we can get this years stickied in it's place?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

Is this the first time in a while theres been the full 20 players in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Mr Nice Guy must be giving some serious consideration to his pick. :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    Is this the first time in a while theres been the full 20 players in the game?

Yeah, first time under my run as organiser for certain. We had 13 in 2019, 16 in 2020.

Not sure how many beaker had in his final year, might have been the last year there was the full contingent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mr Nice Guy must be giving some serious consideration to his pick. :pac:

I'm presuming the right Mr. Nice Guy was PMed :D

If I remember correctly there's two on Boards and the difference is the '.' after Mr

I got caught out PMing the wrong person a few years back is the only reason I know this :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Necro wrote: »
    I'm presuming the right Mr. Nice Guy was PMed :D

If I remember correctly there's two on Boards and the difference is the '.' after Mr

I got caught out PMing the wrong person a few years back is the only reason I know this :pac::pac:

I think i have

Ah no

Now i panic

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Yeah, first time under my run as organiser for certain. We had 13 in 2019, 16 in 2020.

Not sure how many beaker had in his final year, might have been the last year there was the full contingent.

We certainly have had 20 before. At least twice if I recall correctly.

20 players is the perfect number IMO.

Have zero idea of who to draft first. I would have been interested in Roman and Hogan.

Hogans always someone I wanted to book. As good as those picked before him are, his off camera persona outweighs those of Austin and Rock. A wonderful man to book I imagine.

I think i have

Ah no

Now i panic

The first swerve of the draft

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Last years Picks thread is still stickied. Maybe we can get this years stickied in it's place?

Shows how off the ball I've been this year. Only realized that myself while making my pick this morning.

Done now.

If anyone needs to find last years thread it's now linked in the aging hot threads sticky along with several of the older draft threads

• Advertisement

Shows how off the ball I've been this year. Only realized that myself while making my pick this morning.

Done now.

If anyone needs to find last years thread it's now linked in the aging hot threads sticky along with several of the older draft threads

Listen, that first year as a Dad is a doozy, Im just glad your back.

HBK is a great pick, very versatile and top of any card. Had i not had him before, Id 100 percent try draft him again.

I like to try draft new guys that never appeared in BCW, but like last year when I redrafted Flair, if the right storyline comes up then you gotta go for who fits it best regardless of your previous draft choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Delighted with my first pick. Nearly got him a few times in the past but usually missed out at the last moment.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

MNG takes Lesnar, seems like a match made in heaven tbh :D

Had a lot of fun with him last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I've always had the gameplan of picking the best possible pick for each available round, the heartache of pre planning stuff the first year or 2 made me realise to ditch that strategy fairly quick

Delighted with my first pick. Nearly got him a few times in the past but usually missed out at the last moment.

Really look forward to how you use Lesnar.

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    I've always had the gameplan of picking the best possible pick for each available round, the heartache of pre planning stuff the first year or 2 made me realise to ditch that strategy fairly quick

I usually do the same but never in my main event feuds. I always try thinking of a few possible feuds and have them fleshed out in my head.

This year though Im drawing a blank.

Picked and PM'd SlickRic (hopefully the right one)

Him Roman and another were the three I tussled with

Taker was the only guy I had a vague plan for and I have always wanted to draft him.

Again, very versatile and surprisingly one pick that I dont think Ive ever seen used in a winning draft roster.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Taker was the only guy I had a vague plan for and I have always wanted to draft him.

Again, very versatile and surprisingly one pick that I dont think Ive ever seen used in a winning draft roster.

I enjoyed writing for him in the past

• Advertisement

I enjoyed writing for him in the past

Am i correct in saying you had him in a roster with NOD members?

Yeah I considered him for sure. There's a lot of scope there between The Deadman and biker personas.

Yeah I considered him for sure. There's a lot of scope there between The Deadman and biker personas.

What I find truly interesting is his locker room leader position. I always felt that Id book him and a GM/owner in a story involving his loyalty and requests made by said owner.

Am i correct in saying you had him in a roster with NOD members?

yeah in a way I really enjoyed planning it out. it was a very marmite roster it was either for you or not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

First draft for myself this year, reading back other years its amazing

huge scope for Roman this year

one of my ideas gone, but we shall see!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

MNG with Lesnar should be very interesting. I loved having Brock in the past, I consider it tough to find the right opponent for him but certain MNG could make me believe a random jobber pick has a chance at this stage.

Also delighted to see we have the full 20 this year, and that there's some new and returning faces as I think it helps freshen things up.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    First draft for myself this year, reading back other years its amazing

huge scope for Roman this year

one of my ideas gone, but we shall see!

Ideas come and go, but its part of the fun. Coming up with new plans on the fly can be very rewarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pick made PM sent
    Had three in mind (was hoping my other options would be taken) and decided to go with Roman such a good guy to right for especially these days

Had Roman in mind too, since he has gone all tribal king heel, very entertaining and hot :o:p I'm sure you'll use him well

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Had Roman in mind too, since he has gone all tribal king heel, very entertaining and hot :o:p I'm sure you'll use him well

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

So do I get first pick in each round? :pac:

Advertisement